Goodbye Jesus

A Life Rant

Guest end3

Well, woke up this morning afraid of death. I guess I am afraid of the potential for not being with those that I love. Pretty much sucks. My father is slurring his words these days at age 76 and don't know whether it's his dentistry or mini-strokes. Who knows. Along with that, no real direction....not enough time for the kids, too busy providing FOR the kids, and not enough time at work to do all the things the boss wants done. And, to top it off, I am telling this to the random readers on the "internets". Not really enjoying much....not that enjoying much is supposed to be a given....

Edit: A couple more:

My phone can probably do who knows how many functions. I don't really care. I despise feeling guilt for not knowing how to send and receive a fax while texting and searching info whilst taking a crap. Although I did look up a phone number via the connectivity the other day.

And, the little girl at my work that does all the mundane work that that age person should do......she quit to do all the young girl stuff like, becoming a teacher, etc....pregnancy.....whatever. The point being, there will be someone to have to train in order to do the mundane shit I will have to do until they are trained. I don't know that I have the energy as my prostate and constipation are accelerating at my age....which makes me tired. And there is no "funny chocolate" in the medicine cabinet that mom used to keep handy when we got too cranky.

God bless,

Goodbye Jesus

I think you should treat this life as though it's the only one you're going to get and act accordingly. It sounds like you really want more time with your kids, so I highly recommend you rearrange your life to make that happen. It really is about the journey and not the destination.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Yeah, what the Chick said. None of us have a future, only today.

• Like 1

Probably some good thoughts....my statement has a lot of underlying things indirectly pointing to that conclusion. Thanks.

You're welcome. The thing is - a lot of people might know in their heads that they only have today, but their actions make it clear they either don't really know it or are in denial. There is certainly balance to be had, but in general, our society swings far too much in the direction of working until retirement and then having fun, and I think that's just as insane as not working at all.

You sound drained. Or at least, draining out fast.

Yeah, I have to whine on occasion to feel justified. Not much a person can do about it other than to make bold moves. Bold moves are not conducive to happy children though. So I whine and move on. My goal is to be one of those stoic men that never whines. I don't think I have the jaw line for it.

Yeah, I have to whine on occasion to feel justified. Not much a person can do about it other than to make bold moves. Bold moves are not conducive to happy children though. So I whine and move on. My goal is to be one of those stoic men that never whines. I don't think I have the jaw line for it.

It's OK to whine end! Even good christians whine! :grin: Part of life - part of being human. I whine at least twice a day!! :vent:

Hope you are feeling better now that you shared your feelings with us!! I am also in the process of doing everything I can to simplify my life, so I understand and validate your feelings my dear friend!!

• Like 1

Children can survive bold moves that are better for them in the long run. Sometimes what is better for you is better for them. Your presence and love is more important than having bras in 16 different colors. It's a good goal.

Do you ever listen to Dave Ramsey's radio show?

Phanta

I think you should treat this life as though it's the only one you're going to get and act accordingly. It sounds like you really want more time with your kids, so I highly recommend you rearrange your life to make that happen. It really is about the journey and not the destination.

I just watched a video called "enjoy the ride," by Steve Gilliland. It was really motivational and made me realize that sometimes just getting through life isn't enough. Before you know it you turn forty, (I did August 5th) and wonder where all the time is going. Then you start thinking about not having much time left and how you are going ot accomplish the things you really want to. I know I really don't like my job, however my wife is still finishing up her bachelors and I get paid really well to do just about nothing. However, other than work I have been setting goals to enjoy other things that I seem to put off and its actually been a very good year. I try not to stress anymore if things don't work out the way I wanted and try to enjoy what I can. Instead of being in a hurry to get to your destination, you have to "enjoy the ride," or it will pass you by.