Goodbye Jesus

Dish It Out But Can't Take It

chosendarkness

Christians are now getting upset at ex-Christians and atheists, saying we're 'persecuting' them and mocking their beliefs. Yet they have no problem mocking beliefs in fairies and leprechauns, or even other religious beliefs. They say those religions are a 'lie' and their supernatural experiences are from Satan who appears as an angel of light. How is that not offensive? And they talk about having the basis of morality, so they understand true morality. What's moral about mocking and ridiculing different religious beliefs than yours? So you can say all other religions but yours is a lie, but no one can say yours is a lie? Honestly, I think Christianity is far from moral. It's elitist and egoic. It's 'we have all the answers and you don't Don't tell us we're wrong, that's persecuation'.

It’s easy to have a persecution complex when one is a serious Christian. They are trying to fit 1st Century Christianity into the modern world, and it's a poor fit. The more vocal a christian is, the more they look like lunatics. Ever notice how embarrassed people are when a street preacher quotes the Bible? Or how they try to ignore him as they walk by? They aren't being persecuted except within their own bible-obsessed minds.

They also don’t examine biblical morality and mistake the Golden Rule for absolute, objective morality. Also, loving God and your neighbor is really expressed by proselytizing and intolerance towards other religions. The rest of the morals in the Bible are contradictory, relative, and would revert modern morals the to Bronze Age morality. Tribalism is alive and well within christianity!

It’s easy to have a persecution complex when one is a serious Christian. They are trying to fit 1st Century Christianity into the modern world, and it's a poor fit. The more vocal a christian is, the more they look like lunatics. Ever notice how embarrassed people are when a street preacher quotes the Bible? Or how they try to ignore him as they walk by? They aren't being persecuted except within their own bible-obsessed minds.

I think it's embarassing to people because religion is a private, personal thing. Plus it's just offensive to force your personal religious beliefs on others. It's not a decent way to treat people. And they wonder why we're against their beliefs?

A Christian fundie told me 'Christianity is a relationship, not a religion'. I told her Buddhists don't think their religion is a religion either, it's common to think your religion is the truth and not a religion like all the others. Later she accused me in court of offending her religious beliefs because I said that. lol The judge rolled her eyes and said that has no relevance.

A Christian fundie told me 'Christianity is a relationship, not a religion'. I told her Buddhists don't think their religion is a religion either, it's common to think your religion is the truth and not a religion like all the others. Later she accused me in court of offending her religious beliefs because I said that. lol The judge rolled her eyes and said that has no relevance.

In court?? What happened to bring you to court against that clown?

In court?? What happened to bring you to court against that clown?

Wouldn't pay and wouldn't leave the house I was renting. She took advantage of me and the court ruled in my favor. Basically a fundie bum who also illegally kept her son out of high school and didn't even home school, but he had already turned 18 so I couldn't do anything about that. Bums master the art of talking people into things, so that's how she got to move in. And of course as a fundie they never do anything wrong because God is with them and me wanting her to fulfill a contract is persecution.Basically I let her get away with a lot because I'm a nice guy, so she took that and ran with it.

A Christian fundie told me 'Christianity is a relationship, not a religion'. I told her Buddhists don't think their religion is a religion either, it's common to think your religion is the truth and not a religion like all the others.

Actually I agree with the Buddhist statement. Buddhism has no deity to sell, it is more of a philosophy than a religion. Of course over the centuries, some of its adherents have barnacled it with religiosity and started praying to ascended masters and the like. And even a philosophy can become cult-like (and atheism is no exception). I read the bio of a guy who started out in Tibetian Buddhism and eventually left it for the pure philosophical form and he said that for all the self-effacing gentleness of the Dali Lama, there was a marriage to dogma and a lack of intellectual openness that he found he had to eject to move forward in his thinking. These days he considers himself a "Buddhist atheist" and I think that is actually no contradiction in terms at all.

No kidding! People are constantly talking about their religious crap but if I respond to it, "I" am shoving my non-beliefs down their throat. They can repeat the godbot mantras all day but I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut.

No kidding! People are constantly talking about their religious crap but if I respond to it, "I" am shoving my non-beliefs down their throat. They can repeat the godbot mantras all day but I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut.

Exactly. And when a person gets better by leaving their crazy shit, they act like you've just stabbed them in the heart, because you've left "The Truth" and are following Satan or sin. That's so fucked. That's really shows you right there how screwed up religion can make people. Being so right about religion is like a destructive virus. It's like ego jacked up on crack.