Goodbye Jesus

Demons

Suzy

Funny how I only realize now, that I'm out how batshit crazy my church is. Of course, I had my issues with Christianity in general that led to my deconversion, but I never realized we were this crazy! Somehow from inside it wasn't this clear.

I bumped into a forum where an ex-member of my church (still a Christian) posted a list that was used in "spiritual warfare" ( http://forum.index.hu/Article/viewArticle?a=40684253&t=9005581 ). It's a list of demons my church used. Some demons they name:

- intellectualism

- rationalism (!!!!!!!!)

- not to be submissive (!!!!!!!!)

- loneliness

- sleepiness

- excitement

- perfection (!!!!!!!)

- dreaminess

- fantasy (!!!!!!!)

- sensitivity

- self-consciousness

WTF?! Is there a human feeling or behaviour that is not a demon according to these lunatics?

Of course, the list is a lot longer, they basically see a demon in everything.

The funny thing is that a lot of "demons" they list is what they turn people into.

Funny how I only realize now, that I'm out how batshit crazy my church is. Of course, I had my issues with Christianity in general that led to my deconversion, but I never realized we were this crazy! Somehow from inside it wasn't this clear.

I bumped into a forum where an ex-member of my church (still a Christian) posted a list that was used in "spiritual warfare" ( http://forum.index.h...84253&t=9005581 ). It's a list of demons my church used. Some demons they name:

- intellectualism

- rationalism (!!!!!!!!)

- loneliness

- sleepiness

- excitement

- perfection (!!!!!!!)

- dreaminess

- fantasy (!!!!!!!)

- sensitivity

- self-consciousness

WTF?! Is there a human feeling or behaviour that is not a demon according to these lunatics?

The funny thing is that a lot of "demons" they list is what they turn people into.

That's absolutely ridiculous. They go on about God not wanting robots, yet without the above, we are essentially robots. Self consciousness for example is what distinguishes us from a machine (for now anyway).

So called Christians are the main driving force for people leaving Christianity. Fundamentalists shouldn't even use modern technology, especially when you look at what they call demonic. Does my head in.

• Super Moderator

Be gone, demon of stupid!

• Like 1

Their god doesn't want robots, he wants human beings acting like robots under threat of torture, which is worse.

That's worse than when we did a class at our school and had to complete a checklist of things that were hurting our relationship with god and one of them was "thinking I am smarter than my parents."

Telling, ain't it, that they don't list such "demons" as bigotry, hatefulness, gossip, arrogance, treachery, deceit, willful ignorance, self-debasement and — one of the most odious, IMO — having a negative opinion of humanity?

Oh, wait! What am I thinking? Those things would be the patron saints of fundyism, if fundies recognized saints ... and if they had an ounce of honesty or self-awareness.

Their god doesn't want robots, he wants human beings acting like robots under threat of torture, which is worse.

That's worse than when we did a class at our school and had to complete a checklist of things that were hurting our relationship with god and one of them was "thinking I am smarter than my parents."

I hope my son does grow to be more successful and smarter than me. I'd like to think that meant I did a good job bringing him up. To me that means I'm a better father than babble god.

They left out the following:

Sneezy

Sleepy

Dopey

Doc

Happy

Bashful

Grumpy

• Like 3

It would be nice if they could exorcise the demons of bat-shit crazy, fundamentalist moron-ism. I have a demon they can get out, it's in my pants.

• Like 1

I experienced much of the same thing. I think the sensitivity part pisses me off more than anything. So we're just supposed to be cold assholes? I guess that kinda fits....

• Like 1

So sleepiness is a demon? I guess that's why so many of those rich megachurch pastors get caught doing cocaine! They aren't abusing drugs, they are battling the evil sleep demons!!!

Funny how I only realize now, that I'm out how batshit crazy my church is. I bumped into a forum where an ex-member of my church (still a Christian) posted a list that was used in "spiritual warfare" ( http://forum.index.h...84253&t=9005581 ). It's a list of demons my church used. Some demons they name:

- intellectualism

- rationalism (!!!!!!!!)

- loneliness

- sleepiness

- excitement

- perfection (!!!!!!!)

- dreaminess

- fantasy (!!!!!!!)

- sensitivity

- self-consciousness

This article makes me want to puke. I just threw up a demon of 'hunger'. That's right - hunger is a demon........ (for me anyway! :grin: ).......... and some christians are:

Comic%20Relief.jpg

pure fascism, just pure fascist arrogant bigots.

my church said the same thing they called it somthing else though.

the flesh

:ugh:

my church said the same thing they called it somthing else though.

the flesh

:ugh:

Oh yes. I forgot about the flesh. It forces me to do all sorts of demonic things.

I'm lazy to translate it all, so I put it in an online translator. It's not perfect but just to give you an idea:

The 1. Bitterness, resentment, you are hatred, not forgiving, wildness violence, mood, anger, vindictiveness, murder.

The 2. Rebellion, self-will, stubbornness, disobedience, not submitting

The 3. Discord, debate, wrangling, quarreling, argumentation, rivaling, fight

The 4. Reign, possessiveness, bulge desire, sorcery

The 5. Vindictiveness, destruction, ill-will, malice, hatred, sadism, insult, cruelty

The 6. Judging, judgement, criticism, hibaagreeing, troubleshooting

The 7. Elvetettség, because of ignoring truth fear, önelvetés

The 8. Insecurity, minority, self-pity, loneliness, awkwardness, shyness, indignity, unfitness.

The 9. Envy, jealousy, suspicion, distrust, selfishness

The 10. Fall back, sulk, reverie, fantasy, pretence, baselessness.

The 11. Escape, indifference, stoicism, passivity, drowsiness, alcohol, drugs.

The 12. Passivity, fear, funk, indifference, dejection, lethargy.

The 13. The groups of depression: despair, timidity, defeat feeling, despair, hopelessness, suicide, insomnia, morbidity.

The 14. Dejection, gloominess, taint, disgust, solicitude, apprehension, fear, terror, bad premonition.

The 15. Nervousness, tenseness, headache, nervous habits, agitation, excitement, insomnia, vagrancy.

The 16. Sensitivity, self-consciousness, fear of man, fear of rejection.

The 17. Pursuit, injustice, because of a judgement truth fear, because of blaming truth fear, vádlástól truth fear, because of a reproach truth fear, sensitivity.

The 18. Mental disorder, craziness, fury, mania, delay, retardation, senility, hallucination, hysteria

The 19. Schizophrenia, ld. 21. chapter!

The 20. Paranoia, envy, jealousy, suspicion, distrust, pursuit, fears, resistance

The 21. Confusion, corruption, thwarting, incoherence, absent-mindedness.

The 22. Doubt, incredulity, scepticism

The 23. Indecision, delay, compromise, confusion, absent-mindedness, indifference

The 24. Self deception, self-delusion, presumption

The 25. Mind tie, confusion, from a man truth fear, because of a failure truth fear, occult and spiritualist ghosts.

The 26. Mind idolatry, intellectualism, rationalism, presumption, ego

The 27. Fears, all kinds of phobias, hysteria.

The 28. Because of authority truth fear, lie, fraud

The 29. Presumption, ego, egoism, önigazság, haughty, importance, officiousness, arrogance.

The 30. Pretence, acting, artificiality, pretence

The 31. Greed, theft, kleptomania, material desire, greed, rapacity.

The 32. Perfectness, presumption, vanity, ego, egoism, corruption, criticism, biliousness, tolerance absurdity, anger.

The 33. Competition, pushing, argumentation, presumption, ego, egoism

The 34. Impatience, agitation, corruption, tolerance absurdity, resentment, criticism.

The 35. False burden, false sense of responsibility, false compassion

The 36. Sadness, grief, heart-ache, heart tear, crying, dejection, lament, cruelty

The 37. Tiredness, exhaustion, dejection, laziness

The 38. Feebleness (here any illnesses may owe)

The 39. Death

The 40. Inherited physical one, emotional, intellectual; material curses.

The 41. Túlhajszoltság (hiperactive), agitation, űzöttség

The 42. Cursing, swear, rough joking, gossiping, criticism, libel, mockery, scorn, vilification.

The 43. Passions, you are compelling demons: nicotine, alcohol, drugs, medicines, caffeine, gluttony

The 44. Gluttony, nervousness, compelling eating, resentment, disappointment, inactivity, self-pity, önjutalmazás.

The 45. Self-reproach, self-hate, önkárhoztatás

The 46. Remorse, blaming, shame, indignity, confusion.

The 47. Sexual impurity: fornication, imaginary fornication, masturbation, homosexuality, lesbianism (female homosexuality), adultery, lustful, incest, prostitution, rape, önmutogatás, frigidity, nudism.

The 48. False religions: Iehova witness, Christian science, rose crusader, theosophy, unitarianism, Mormon ISM, apart from this the boxes (Freemasonry), and all companies like that and movement, which uses the Bible,, You are a god his name, but that Jézus Christ blood sacrifice is omitted - pl. New Age, Buddhism, taóizmus, Hindu ISM, Islam, Shintoism, Confucianism, stb.

The 49. Occultism: Table-turning, palmistry, graphology, medium writing, express-szenzualitás (ISP), hypnosis, astrology, horoscope, levitation, prophecy, water sorcery, tarot cards, commuting, black magic, white magic, necromancy, spells, sorcery, charming, fetishes, clairvoyant, superstition, dead person eyesight, familiar ghosts, biorhythm.

The 50. Religious demons: Ritualism, formalism, jurisdiction, tutorial fixations, fraud, false teachings, because of a god truth fear, because of hell truth because of the loss of a fear, salvation truth fear, stb.

to be continued

I'm lazy to translate it all, so I put it in an online translator. It's not perfect but just to give you an idea:

The 1. Bitterness, resentment, you are hatred, not forgiving, wildness violence, mood, anger, vindictiveness, murder.

The 2. Rebellion, self-will, stubbornness, disobedience, not submitting

The 3. Discord, debate, wrangling, quarreling, argumentation, rivaling, fight

The 4. Reign, possessiveness, bulge desire, sorcery

The 5. Vindictiveness, destruction, ill-will, malice, hatred, sadism, insult, cruelty

The 6. Judging, judgement, criticism, hibaagreeing, troubleshooting

The 7. Elvetettség, because of ignoring truth fear, önelvetés

The 8. Insecurity, minority, self-pity, loneliness, awkwardness, shyness, indignity, unfitness.

The 9. Envy, jealousy, suspicion, distrust, selfishness

The 10. Fall back, sulk, reverie, fantasy, pretence, baselessness.

The 11. Escape, indifference, stoicism, passivity, drowsiness, alcohol, drugs.

The 12. Passivity, fear, funk, indifference, dejection, lethargy.

The 13. The groups of depression: despair, timidity, defeat feeling, despair, hopelessness, suicide, insomnia, morbidity.

The 14. Dejection, gloominess, taint, disgust, solicitude, apprehension, fear, terror, bad premonition.

The 15. Nervousness, tenseness, headache, nervous habits, agitation, excitement, insomnia, vagrancy.

The 16. Sensitivity, self-consciousness, fear of man, fear of rejection.

The 17. Pursuit, injustice, because of a judgement truth fear, because of blaming truth fear, vádlástól truth fear, because of a reproach truth fear, sensitivity.

The 18. Mental disorder, craziness, fury, mania, delay, retardation, senility, hallucination, hysteria

The 19. Schizophrenia, ld. 21. chapter!

The 20. Paranoia, envy, jealousy, suspicion, distrust, pursuit, fears, resistance

The 21. Confusion, corruption, thwarting, incoherence, absent-mindedness.

The 22. Doubt, incredulity, scepticism

The 23. Indecision, delay, compromise, confusion, absent-mindedness, indifference

The 24. Self deception, self-delusion, presumption

The 25. Mind tie, confusion, from a man truth fear, because of a failure truth fear, occult and spiritualist ghosts.

The 26. Mind idolatry, intellectualism, rationalism, presumption, ego

The 27. Fears, all kinds of phobias, hysteria.

The 28. Because of authority truth fear, lie, fraud

The 29. Presumption, ego, egoism, önigazság, haughty, importance, officiousness, arrogance.

The 30. Pretence, acting, artificiality, pretence

The 31. Greed, theft, kleptomania, material desire, greed, rapacity.

The 32. Perfectness, presumption, vanity, ego, egoism, corruption, criticism, biliousness, tolerance absurdity, anger.

The 33. Competition, pushing, argumentation, presumption, ego, egoism

The 34. Impatience, agitation, corruption, tolerance absurdity, resentment, criticism.

The 35. False burden, false sense of responsibility, false compassion

The 36. Sadness, grief, heart-ache, heart tear, crying, dejection, lament, cruelty

The 37. Tiredness, exhaustion, dejection, laziness

The 38. Feebleness (here any illnesses may owe)

The 39. Death

The 40. Inherited physical one, emotional, intellectual; material curses.

The 41. Túlhajszoltság (hiperactive), agitation, űzöttség

The 42. Cursing, swear, rough joking, gossiping, criticism, libel, mockery, scorn, vilification.

The 43. Passions, you are compelling demons: nicotine, alcohol, drugs, medicines, caffeine, gluttony

The 44. Gluttony, nervousness, compelling eating, resentment, disappointment, inactivity, self-pity, önjutalmazás.

The 45. Self-reproach, self-hate, önkárhoztatás

The 46. Remorse, blaming, shame, indignity, confusion.

The 47. Sexual impurity: fornication, imaginary fornication, masturbation, homosexuality, lesbianism (female homosexuality), adultery, lustful, incest, prostitution, rape, önmutogatás, frigidity, nudism.

The 48. False religions: Iehova witness, Christian science, rose crusader, theosophy, unitarianism, Mormon ISM, apart from this the boxes (Freemasonry), and all companies like that and movement, which uses the Bible,, You are a god his name, but that Jézus Christ blood sacrifice is omitted - pl. New Age, Buddhism, taóizmus, Hindu ISM, Islam, Shintoism, Confucianism, stb.

The 49. Occultism: Table-turning, palmistry, graphology, medium writing, express-szenzualitás (ISP), hypnosis, astrology, horoscope, levitation, prophecy, water sorcery, tarot cards, commuting, black magic, white magic, necromancy, spells, sorcery, charming, fetishes, clairvoyant, superstition, dead person eyesight, familiar ghosts, biorhythm.

The 50. Religious demons: Ritualism, formalism, jurisdiction, tutorial fixations, fraud, false teachings, because of a god truth fear, because of hell truth because of the loss of a fear, salvation truth fear, stb.

to be continued

My god - I have everyone of these demons!!!:twitch: Somebody help!!

Those damn demons are everywhere. It's a good thing I left Christianity so they would finally leave me alone. :phew:

When you can convince people that their normal state of being is a deadly disease that must be cured, you ensure a never-ending market for what you have to sell. In fact, they will go out of their way to keep buying your solution until it works. It helps to surround them with lots of others who also believe this to help make it more real.

Be gone, demon of stupid!

Isn't it Dogbert from the Dilbert comic strip who puts on a mitre and holds a scepter and cries, "out, out, ye demons of stupidity!!"?

Your greatest strength can also be your greatest weakness. For that reason any trait, whether superficially positive or negative, can be a Bad Thing. Nothing inherently wrong with fantasy or caring about doing things right, but if you spend all your time playing Dungeons and Dragons or live in terror of walking out the front door lest you do something less than perfectly, then you probably need to dial it way back.

As such, we all play a balancing act with our various interests and traits and passions, and what this "demonizing of the mundane" accomplishes is to play on our fears and self-doubts and self-consciousness in order to control us. If at any moment some church frenemy can judge something you do by calling out a "demon of perfectionism" or a "demon of fantasy" then it's easy for you to be second-guessed and guilted about most anything. One loses the ability to judge balance for oneself and ends up relying on groupthink to validate their every move. Which is exactly what these sorts of churches are all about. Control, pure and simple.