Goodbye Jesus

Did They Think They Could Get Away With These Lies?

Sexton Blake

Or to put it another way, did they think only christians were watching?

A Christian TV channel which told viewers they could cure serious illnesses such as cancer with olive oil soap and Ribena could be looking for a miracle cure of its own after it was censured by media regulator Ofcom. Believe TV featured a televangelist telling one woman: "I told you to take a bath with one of my olive oil soaps and what happened?" The woman replied: "I have cancer no more." It also included a testimony by a woman who said she had suffered from "a tumour in her head".

One of her relatives said she had bought oil and Ribena, allegedly representing the blood of Christ, to treat the tumour and later went to hospital where she was told "there wasn't a problem". Ofcom said it was concerned about other material that "contained examples of potentially unsubstantiated and dangerous claims about the healing of serious conditions such as infertility and cancer" and said it had "uncovered potential further concerns" about the channel which are still being investigated.

The regulator said the channel faced "statutory sanction" with potential punishments including a fine or a loss of its licence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2011/aug/22/ofcom-miracle-cures

You should have shortened the subject:

"Did they think?"

No. :fdevil:

• Like 1

Guuyyysss...you do remember that anything is possible through Jeezus?