Goodbye Jesus

Letter From Our Former Pastor

chel356

A little background for those of you who haven't heard our story: My Husband was the head of the Deacons and a Sunday school teacher at a Southern Baptist Church.. I was running the nursury and singing in the choir. My Husband was raised in that church and I strated attending when we married 13 years ago. We were very involved with many other things in the church also until Easter Sunday this Spring. That was the last time we were in the church building. We couldn't just walk away without any one noticing so, we both went to the preacher's house and had a very long conversation with them. We told them why we didn't believe and that we couldn't continue to be apart of the church.

We have received three letters from him but, the most recent is the best so , here goes word for word mispellings and all...

Dear Les and Michelle,

Les as I pray for you this morning I know that you are having a great battle with Satin. Satin has told you that since there are passages in the Bible that are ridiculous and don't make sense. So If Satin can convince you that the Bible is a fairy tale and not true then how can you beleive in God or in the living Lord? Our faith is built upon nothing less than the blood of Jesus. No one can refute the fact that Jesus lived because we have his great teachings. No one can refute that He died on the cross. Now this little band of disciples saw Him die on the cross and then they went and hid but something wonderful happened. Why do we know that something happened because they went about telling the good news and many caome to believe in the risen Lord?

Les the Lord has set you aside and anointed you to preach the gospel that many might believe. But before He can do this you must have a real encounter with the Lord. Jesus Himself went into the wilderness for forty days and nights and was tempted by Satin. Satin is tempting you to lay down all that you know that is true and abandon your faith. But you will overcome Satin and the Lord will use you in a very powerful way because there are so many today that wonder if Jesus is real. You will find that the Living Lord is real and has chosen you to be His vessel to bring those who doubt to know that the lord is real and alive.

This is my prayer each day that the Lord will reveal Himself in such a powerful way that you will never doubt his validity.

I prefer to think that Silk is tempting us, not Satin but, I digress.

• Super Moderator

That Satin is a real deval.

Awwww... who doesn't love Satin???

funny-pictures-cat-is-on-satin-blanket.jpg

• Like 2

I am alweys vry scarred of SAtin.

• Like 1

This is my prayer each day that the Lord will reveal Himself in such a powerful way that you will never doubt his validity.

chel........Please let me know when the powerful event happens that you will no longer doubt his validity - maybe you will be able to convince me and help get satin off my back!

I never knew a fabric had such power.

Dear Les and Michelle,

Les as I pray

Les the Lord has

Spelling Satan as Satin is the least of his worries. He can't even remember 2 people's names through a full, 2-paragraph letter.

Now being on the outside it's hard to remember just how strongly some people believe and how they delude themselves on a daily basis.

Maybe the Moody Blues' song is really named, "Nights in White Satan."

Dear Les and Michelle,

Les as I pray

Les the Lord has

Spelling Satan as Satin is the least of his worries. He can't even remember 2 people's names through a full, 2-paragraph letter.

So glad someone caught this! That's how he always treated me. I was not important to him at all! And his wife is a bitch! :shrug:

chel........Please let me know when the powerful event happens that you will no longer doubt his validity - maybe you will be able to convince me and help get satin off my back!

Will do but, I wouldn't hold my breath! :lmao:

But you will overcome Satin and the Lord will use you in a very powerful way because there are so many today that wonder if Jesus is real. You will find that the Living Lord is real and has chosen you to be His vessel to bring those who doubt to know that the lord is real and alive.

Interestingly, someone predicted the same thing about me when I told them I had learned that the religion is false: that I would come to see that the religion is true and that I'd be a powerful apologist for the Lord. Four years and it hasn't happened yet, and never will.

My guess is that the pastor is having a great battle with Satin over use of the spell checker.

Maybe the Moody Blues' song is really named, "Nights in White Satan."

Or this one Overcame! :bounce:'Satan Sheets'

I am alweys vry scarred of SAtin.

You should be! Satin once "tempted me to lay down" ... and then I slid off the damn sheet. I no longer cotton to satin's slippery ways.

• Like 1

Dear Les and Michelle,

Les as I pray

Les the Lord has

So glad someone caught this! That's how he always treated me. I was not important to him at all! And his wife is a bitch! :shrug:

It was the first thing that jumped out to me. Nothing like dismissing the wife to encourage people back into a church....

Yeah, chel, on a more serious note, the pastor's disregard for you was definitely blatant. Of course, not that a more respectfully-presented letter would have really helped his cause, not with gems like this:

You will find that the Living Lord is real and has chosen you to be His vessel to bring those who doubt to know that the lord is real and alive.

It's clear when he says "vessel" he doesn't want the real you's or your full minds; he only desires more mental hosts for the Christian virus. (And, I'd venture, more tithers to pad his wallet.):scratch:

Yeah, chel, on a more serious note, the pastor's disregard for you was definitely blatant. Of course, not that a more respectfully-presented letter would have really helped his cause, not with gems like this:

You will find that the Living Lord is real and has chosen you to be His vessel to bring those who doubt to know that the lord is real and alive.

It's clear when he says "vessel" he doesn't want the real you's or your full minds; he only desires more mental hosts for the Christian virus. (And, I'd venture, more tithers to pad his wallet.):scratch:

^^^ Yes, we were tithers. No doubt they miss our money. It is a small country church.

Not just Satin you have to worry about, but his rouge angles as well.

- maybe you will be able to convince me and help get satin off my back!

I wear satin daily. but not on my back :wicked:

Satin has told you that since there are passages in the Bible that are ridiculous and don't make sense.
...?

As I recall, we covered incomplete sentences in 3rd grade. This guy didn't even finish his thought in the next sentence.

Someone forgot to sharpen this knife.

The small town I grew up in had an old building near the school that someone had spray-painted "Satin's Lare" across the door. I wonder if it was your pastor? :Hmm: lol

I no longer cotton to satin's slippery ways.

I see what you did there.

Satin has told you that since there are passages in the Bible that are ridiculous and don't make sense.
...?

As I recall, we covered incomplete sentences in 3rd grade. This guy didn't even finish his thought in the next sentence.

LOL, you are right and he has a PHD!?!

...?

LOL, you are right and he has a PHD!?!

Did he buy it online from a Nigerian?