Goodbye Jesus

I....cant...take It Anymore

Kaiser01

ok so my father he is a conservative christian with a poor education background (go figure). he dosnt read books unless they are christian (very seldom too) and never went to college.

well today he told me about this spit in the face of history at least thats what i call it. anyways the book is about how aperrintly the catholic church was created by Nero (the roman emporer) under the influence of satan himself in the 5th centurary AD. the book claims that the catholics were murdering "the true christians" and any one who had a bible.

how... how how ...arrogant must you be to belive this bullshit. for one the Cannon (the bible) was establsihed before 500AD BY CATHOLIC BISHOPS. second there were no set "true christians" at this time, there were many difrent groups who consistantly fought and persecuted one another but there was no Big Man christianity yet. so basicly he thinks that protostantism has been around since jebus was around and the catholics are spawns of the devil.

i once started a thread about "never trust christians with history" or somthing like that but i will once agian say NEVER TRUST CHRISTIANS WITH HISTORY. i wanted to tell him but i didnt want to make him feel like a fool and i didnt want to open up the door for "questions" if you know what i mean

i cant take it anymore. the lonliness of being trapped in a world of christians. its driving me insane i have no one to talk to about it, no atheist i know (in real world) to convey with me. im simply alone here with these people. i consistantly must scrutinize everything they say witch makes me feel angry on the inside. i live in prepetual disagreement with my world and its sending me to tears. i am a closset atheist but i dont intend to stay that way because im tierd of living like this.

im just wondering how do some of you closset atheist in intense christian enviorments cope with this shit? i mean at first it was easy but now its starting the wear on me.

im so glad i found this place...

I feel your pain!! It's lonely here in the Buybull belt. I'm surrounded too. It's beyond frustrating dealing with delusional people on a daily basis. I'm not closeted, so I don't have that problem but by being 'out', I've caused those around me to cling to their delusions all the more. I think people like throwing it in my face...but perhaps I'm just more sensitive to it.

I have to sensor myself in my own home. My husband thinks I'm so disrespectful of his beliefs. If he only knew how much I actually hold back... :fdevil:

• Super Moderator

I have to sensor myself in my own home. My husband thinks I'm so disrespectful of his beliefs. If he only knew how much I actually hold back... :fdevil:

Wow, I could have written that! Sometimes I need to check in the mirror to see if I've bitten off my tongue! But I have "evolved" somewhat over the years -- from using a walkman cassette player (then later a CD player) and headphones to a smartphone and earbuds to help block out some of the sermonizing. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Kaiser, maybe that will help you cope a little bit til you're able to get away from your dad. Damn, I guess I've been doing that my whole life for one reason or another. As a teenager, I spent most of my time at home in my room, attached by headphones to my radio, reel-to-reel tape player, or 8-track player. (YES, I'm that old! LOL!!!) For me, Music = The Great Escape. So is humor.

I'm surrounded by deluded, sanctimonious, ignorant, arrogant christians too. And all of them try to snare me back into their trap. It's not going to happen. I've been a non-believer since my high school days and I'm 57 now. My mother STILL thinks I'm "just going through a phase". WendyDoh.gif They ramble on and on about how christians are being persecuted for their faith. No Way! They are the ones doing the persecuting. Most of the time I am now able to ignore them. But I will admit, there are some days I just want to scream:

Ex-C is my only escape from them.

You father and people like him is all the proof I need to know there isn't a god who gives two shits about what we do. Everybody thinks they have it exactly right and everyone else is going to hell, while everyone else thinks exactly the same thing about them. It's like Pascal's wager meets fucking Poweball. Guess what, I'm going to save my $2 and not play because the game is rigged.

im just wondering how do some of you closset atheist in intense christian enviorments cope with this shit? i mean at first it was easy but now its starting the wear on me.

Get away from it if AT ALL possible. Learn to adapt best you can to what you can't get away from. Keep reading and posting here.

I second everything buffettphan said. They called it the devil's music for a reason. Immerse yourself in movies, music, books, and anything else the church needs to tell people to stay away from because it might make them realize they don't need the shit they're selling them to be happy. In moderation, of course.

I feel your pain,I live in a family of arrogant,self-important bible-natzi's! They turned on me like a pack of wolves when I got fed up and told them to keep their babble crap to themselves.

No matter what you say the children will spout their "Santa Clause-God" garbage,so you just have to fight your way to a stand still so they stop throwing it in your face.They are little children who can't handle that Santa isn't REAL! Life has no meaning without the babble god,as far as they are know.

Keep your head up and pick your fights,do get too tired :grin: