Goodbye Jesus

spelling and grammer checker?

willybilly30

i need a program too check spelling and grammer and correct my mistakes before i make a post. im getting sick of m113 bugging me. or what ever his name is m11 something. h :vent: e drives me nuts :vent: i have enough people bugging me in my life im thinking of ignoring him.

Ok my Microsoft word pad has spelling and grammar check.

Is this good grammar and spelling? I am going to paste it here if it works.

Shit it looks good to me do you agree ml13?

101930[/snapback]

Looks fine, Willybilly30 :woohoo:

Erm... is there something that we don't know that's causing the spelling/grammer problem? (just curious...)

Oh, and yeah, it looks good. Certainly a lot better than without.

I wish the forum had spelling and grammar checker it would be easier than writing it in my word pad then copy and pasting it.

Does it have that?

I do not know how to type and I peck the letters forgetting about grammar and spelling.

Now with this I look like I know how too type.

I wish the forum had spelling and grammar checker it would be easier than writing it in my word pad then copy and pasting it. 

Does it have that?

101937[/snapback]

Unfortunately, a grammar check would take alot of processing time. I would probably guess that a server like this would have a hard time keeping up if alot of people used the grammar check

I do not know how to type and I peck the letters forgetting about grammar and spelling.

Now with this I look like I know how too type.

101939[/snapback]

Also, a computer grammar/spell check isn't perfect. As demonstrated above, the error went unchecked because "too" is also a correct spelling for another word. The best proofing tool is a person.

This WordPad makes me write how I am not used too talking though.

It makes me not sound southern at all. We often are criticized for bad grammar

Therefore, I guess it is a good thing too correct it. It suggested me say therefore instead of so.

I have never said therefore in my life.

Oops, I should have said to.

I wish the forum had spelling and Also, a computer grammar/spell check isn't perfect. As demonstrated above, the error went unchecked because "too" is also a correct spelling for another word. The best proofing tool is a person.

101941[/snapback]

It's not bad. Fanfiction.net has a spell checker, although most of the people who post there seem to ignore it. There's always dictionary.com for a free dictionary and thesaurus. At least, you're making the effort to check it. That's better than the alternative.

The thing you have to remember is that the spell checker will ignore words that are spelled right but used wrongly. For example, their and there. Or to, two, and too. Etc. I'm sure you get the picture. Which is why it's a good reason to learn proper spelling so you can tell when the spell checker messes up.

Yea but I feel weird typing this way I will get used too it I guess

Might I suggest buying a grammar pocket reference from your local bookstore? It would be well worth the money spent.

What is that?

Oh Willy, don't worry about your grammer. People understand what your are saying, they are just nit picking.

Keep on keepin on. :dumbo:

What is that?

A book that you can look up grammar questions, like comma placement, sentence structure, etc. They are usually called grammar guides or pocket references.

Don't sweat it one way or the other, willybilly. You've had lots of great things to say since coming here. We understand ya just fine. That wordpad thing did help quite a bit, though.

:nono: You shouldn't have slept through English class. I guess you know that now.

Like they say - we grow too soon old, and too late smart.

I will use the WordPad and buy a pocket guide I need too learn this stuff.

Man goofing off and not paying attention in school really comes back too haunt you

Mine typing errors mostly comes from the fact cant feel the fingers on my left hand hardly at all.

I don't use any spell checkers. :)

They're so nice and easy to use... but I don't want a spell checker to do my writing for me. ;) I want to learn from my mistakes. My english will never become perfect if I use a spell checker, it encourages laziness from my side. Just lay back and click the thingie - and lo and behold! The post is perfect. How can I learn from my mistakes and learn never to make them again if I use a spell checker? :)

Yes, you could say that I'm forcing myself to keep doing my english exercises with each post I write and each post I read (when I don't understand a word, I search it on the merriam webster, even if I have an english-italian italian-english dictionary that would be much cozier to use). But then again, I hope that the results are showing. :D

You should do the same thing, willybilly. Not because people will make fun of you if you don't know how to spell right, just because it's a big satisfaction to be able to write in a language (doesn't matter if your native one or another one) without any mistakes. Much more satisfying than using a spell checker to do your job for you. :)

Here's a good reason to learn spelling and grammar and not use a spell checker:

Spell Checker Poem

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

(I have no idea who wrote this, but it wasn't me.)

• Admin

IE Spell Checker

This won't help with grammar, but it will make checking your spelling easier when entering text in the forum, or any other online form.

If you don't use Internet Explorer, then you could download the Google Toolbar which includes spell-check and does the same thing as the IE Spell Checker.

Is their any book on learning grammar for adults? or Am I going to have too buy one from a kid? Microsoft word gives suggestions and stuff on sentences. One thing I do not like is it

Will not let me talk how im used too talking.

Is their any book on learning grammar for adults?  or Am I going to have too buy one from a kid? Microsoft word gives suggestions and stuff on sentences. One thing I do not like is it

Will not let me talk how im used too talking.

102171[/snapback]

Here is a pretty good site I found. Take a look around there and see what you can learn.

Grammar is just about learning the little rules and tricks. For instance, in your post above, you use "im" instead of I'm.

Always capitalize the I when talking about yourself. And "I'm" just means "I am".

The apostrophe takes the place of whatever letters are being left out.

Like "cannot" becomes "can't", "You will" becomes "You'll"

Always capitalize the first letter that follows a period. Like this.

And, "too" means "also". Normally, the word should be "to" when used in a sentence like - I am going to the store. Microsoft word will not let me talk how I'm used to talking.

One step at a time. You'll get it if you're serious about learning.

I need too start using the buttons on the sides of my keyboard.

102171[/snapback]

Here is a pretty good site I found. Take a look around there and see what you can learn.

Grammar is just about learning the little rules and tricks. For instance, in your post above, you use "im" instead of I'm.

Always capitalize the I when talking about yourself. And "I'm" just means "I am".

The apostrophe takes the place of whatever letters are being left out.

Like "cannot" becomes "can't", "You will" becomes "You'll"

Always capitalize the first letter that follows a period. Like this.

And, "too" means "also". Normally, the word should be "to" when used in a sentence like - I am going to the store. Microsoft word will not let me talk how I'm used to talking.

One step at a time. You'll get it if you're serious about learning.

102181[/snapback]