As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

(I have no idea who wrote this, but it wasn't me.)

102084[/snapback]

Sounds like one of those old songs: "Jesus loves me, my chequer tolled me sow."

I need too start using the buttons on the sides of my keyboard.

102171[/snapback]

You need to get a handle on how to quote, too, WB.

Seems like there is several different ways to do it. You could PM me and I'd try to show you how I do it.

Or PM Hansolo. He's helped me with several things on this website.

Willy, I know what ya mean about spellcheckers and such not lettin' ya talk how you're used to. I'm from Texas..and I prefer to type the way I talk, which generally involves dropping "g's" from words..not all words, just some.

Its never too late to learn. Its wonderful that you are willing, but don't let them bug ya. We DO understand what you are saying.

Loved the line about buying one from a kid! :lmao:

And actually, there are classes for adults.

But, don't sweat it. Unless one is in academics, I have found that most men are not that good at spelling. My husband, who can diagnose what's wrong with a car or deisel from long distance, probably couldn't spell most of the words he uses..

Once again, Bravo! for being willing to learn..

Hi Willybilly,

To echo some others here, the best part is that you're trying. It takes a lot of courage to try to learn more as an adult.

For that, you deserve :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Sweet! I think this is the first time that I have seen someone on the internet actually ask about and actually use a program for improving spelling and grammar, for improving the readability of their posts! You just made my day. Unfortuantely, I have to agree with our Insane Genetically Engineered Tyrant, and figure that an automatic grammar & spell check would cause server problems. Also the grammar check isn't all that good, but it is better than nothing on Word.

If your problem has been thinking so much about typing that you can't focus on what you are trying to say, perhaps a typing class or time will help.

A typing class would be a good idea.

Why did you use commas here?

Do you use them when using a different point that is what it looks like?

Im glad you are helping me on this.

Teachers used too always say I will need this someday pay attention they were right.

I love too read especially this forum Im trying too pay attention too how people are using grammar. Also paying attention too my word pad

It will tell you why you should correct a sentence.

I know how the woman in the book feels I suck at math.

Do you enjoy reading? Much grammar can be learned from reading good writing. There is also a method called copywork, in which you handwrite or type paragraphs and such from really good authors. When reading and/or doing copywork, it would be worthy to note when commas are used, etc. One does not need to know how to dissect and label sentences in order to get their point across via writing. However, you do make sense, you are not in need of that much help.

In line somewhat with what Lizard wrote... I'm reading a book by Alfie Kohen. His wife is a physician and he wrote that if you asked her what 8x7 is that she'd freeze on the spot because she never "learned" her multiplication tables! The title of his book is, What it Means to be Well Educated.

Edit: By "copywork", I do not mean that plagerism is okay. Copywork should never be used to try and pass off another's work as your own. It is only used as a means to learn writing and grammar.

102911[/snapback]

Im a good reader just not a good writer I do not write very neat.

Why did you use commas here?

Do you use them when using a different point that is what it looks like?

103232[/snapback]

Willy, I have no clue why I use commas where I do and I realize that I probably break tons of grammar rules when typing. In highschool I was a low "C" english student. Most of why I write the way I do now comes from the amount of reading that I do as a homeschooling mother. There is a REALLY good book that you could by called Writer's Inc., it tells you everything you know to be a good reader and is on ninth grade level. Semicolon, colon, and comma usage are gone over thoroughly in that book although we've never used it.

103237[/snapback]