Goodbye Jesus

Fundy Cult Face-off On Facebook

hereticzero

This is an argument of words that began when a person I've known since we were 18 and in the Air Force together, posted on my facebook page his cult's shit! This was the third time and I had run out of patience. I am Walter, and I changed the name of the cult's defenders.

---

Herby: Here's something to consider; If Jesus' Resurrection and Ascension into Heaven was a lie, or a hoax, or only a hypnotist's trance, like so many skeptics and scoffers want you to think, then why did ALL the Apostles except John (exiled on Patmos) willingly die the death of a martyr? Even cowardly Peter asked to be crucified UPSIDE DOWN because he felt unworthy to die the same way Jesus did.

Yesterday at 3:13pm · Like ·

3 people like this.

Walter: There is nothing that verifies anything written in the bible is true. Moses was a mythological figure and so was Jesus. Exodus never happened. God never gave the commandment of sacrifice to the Jew. The Jew came up with it, this is found in Book of Jeremiah. If god never gave Moses the law of sacrifice and it is a work of tradition or commandments of men, then the whole concept of Jesus as a perfect sacrifice is untrue! God has said throughout the bible, he desires mercy and NOT sacrifice. Man never fell from grace because of a talking snake giving a little girl a piece of magical fruit. Prove that man fell from grace because of a talking snake! That was the whole reason Jesus was to have supposedly died was because of a talking snake. So, prove the talking snake story is true.

Yesterday at 3:41pm · Like

Some-other-dink-in-the-cult: Walter, you have free will to believe or not to believe anything, I think you should compare history with what you say, history records moses in Egyption history and Hebrew (Jewish) history. Egypt records the exodus in thier history also. God is a loving and merciful being, no he didnt really want sacrifice, but because of mans fallen nature, a sacrifice was the only avenue that would be used to cover a mans sins and shortcomings. the sacrifice was a representation of what Jesus was going to do, only his sacrifice of himself would put us permanantly in gods grace and mercy, Adam didnt fall from grace because at that time no grace was needed, Adam had a perfect relationship with his creator and even talked with God face to face, at that time man was perfect. After adam disobeyed God, he surrendered his position and died inside spiritually. god told him the day he would disobey and eat the fruit that Adam would die, if you read carefully it looks like God may have lied, but he was refering to adam spirit. everything shows Gods plan to buy back man and to restore mans relationship with the father, It took the final sacrifice of Jesus to pay the full penalty for Adams sin, which effects us all, including you and me. God through jesus made a way for you and I to come to God freely and recieve from him everything jesus died to restore for us. Dont fight and argue about stuff, just ask God to show you Himself, accept jesus' sacrifice for your self, its free. He wont dissapoint you.

Yesterday at 5:22pm · Like · 1 person

Walter: I don't know where you study history but neither Moses nor Jesus appear outside of religious writings. Man has no fallen nature. God never cursed man. Religion is the result of man's imaginations. The story of Adam is not allegorical but only because you say so. The Jews did not exist until they began to arrive in jerusalem from out of Babylon 500 years before Jesus' time. The Jews did not write their holy books until that time. I used to be a christian. I used to be a minister. I had a growing ministry. Seminary school taught me the christian religion is BS! It is fiction from the first chapter to the last. There is no god of religion, and certainly no christian god. There is no saving grace of any kind of god. The world is in turmoil because of Christianity, which is also the reason for the rise of Islam going back to the crusades. You can argue your faith in sky fairies all you want to, it doesn't make them real. Christianity is bullsht. Jesus was no sacrifice. Jesus is a myth and certainly no perfect sacrifice. You still haven't proven the talking snake story is true. By the way, Moses does not show up in Egyptian history. please cite your source.

23 hours ago · Like

Some-other-dink-in-the-cult: Well Walter, if your totally convinced Jesus and christianity is all nonsence then you have nothing to worry about. If your making all this fuss hoping someone will give you the right answers, then forget it. You have to come to God by faith just like the rest of us, I really hope you get it figured out, you dont have much time.

6 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Walter: Talking snakes, fiery serpents, unicorns, satyrs, angels, fauns, and cockatrices. Who wouldn't believe it? I prefer the 21st Century and not the Bronze Age. Thanks anyway. Christianity's out of time.

5 hours ago · Like

Herby: Walter, the Shroud of Turin and Josephus both would disagree with you.

2 hours ago · Like

Herby: Romans 1:20-21

2 hours ago · Like

Walter: The rag of Turin is a piece of forged crap. no one quotes anything from Josephus concerning Jesus because it has been proven the reference Josephus made about Jesus was added to his text hundreds of years later. If you want to follow after forgeries and use them to try and prove what your cult believes about Jesus then go for it, but don't sell it to me.

2 hours ago · Like

Herby: Romans 1:18-21

2 hours ago · Like

Walter: jeremiah 7:8, Behold you believe in lying words that cannot do any good.

2 hours ago · Like

Walter: Romans Chapter Two: It is blasphemy to preach the law to the Gentiles.

2 hours ago · Like

Herby: Sorry Walt, that you have been so misled.

2 hours ago · Like

Walter: that is really funny Herby, sorry you are so trapped in the cult.

2 hours ago · Like

Walter: been nice knowing you.

2 hours ago · Like

Walter: the real you

2 hours ago · Like

Walter: "Despite the best wishes of sincere believers and the erroneous claims of truculent apologists, the Testimonium Flavianum has been demonstrated continually over the centuries to be a forgery, likely interpolated by Catholic Church historian Eusebius in the fourth century. So thorough and universal has been this debunking that very few scholars of repute continued to cite the passage after the turn of the 19th century. Indeed, the TF was rarely mentioned, except to note that it was a forgery, and numerous books by a variety of authorities over a period of 200 or so years basically took it for granted that the Testimonium Flavianum in its entirety was spurious, an interpolation and a forgery. As Dr. Gordon Stein relates:

"...the vast majority of scholars since the early 1800s have said that this quotation is not by Josephus, but rather is a later Christian insertion in his works. In other words, it is a forgery, rejected by scholars."

2 hours ago · Like

Walter: Your cult could do with some history lessons.

2 hours ago · Like

Herby: 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For si...See More

about an hour ago · Like

Walter: Mat 15:8-9 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

about an hour ago · Like

Walter: What do you have to cut and paste that proves the truth to the story of the talking snake giving magical fruit to a little girl in a magic garden?

about an hour ago · Like

Walter: What excuse do you have for christians rewriting the NT and OT to do away with the mythological creatures and converting their names into modern animal names in order to conceal the fact they worship after mythological animals and people and gods?

about an hour ago · Like

Walter: Where's the citation of Moses in Egyptian history?

about an hour ago · Like

Herby: Walt, I am truly sorry you have been so misled and deceived. I hope you find the truth before it's too late.

about an hour ago · Like

Walter: So you have no proof beyond what your cult teaches?

about an hour ago · Like

Walter: That's the favorite pat answer from Christians who have no proof.

about an hour ago · Like

Walter: I have faith in gravity, it works whether one believes in it or not and gravity does not cause genocidal murder of innocent children because their parents do not believe in gravity.

about an hour ago · Like

I am so tired of Facebook Fundies! Especially stupid fundies! Herby and his friends try to preach the Shroud of Turin is one of god's clues to Jesus. They don't support their claims. They have a weird version of Christianity that is somewhere between Protestantism and Catholicism, it's a mix. I call it a cult. But it's not just Herby. I get posts from people who don't even go to church trying to claim Christianity is true and that I should try praying. It gives me mental hemorrhoids!

Damn it does Facebook ever make it tempting to counter these loons. Go figure it's always the fluffy-duffy quotes and loaded sentimental ones about the supposed glory of the ultimate rat-poisoned-kool-aid of "faith" that get all the Likes. I very much dislike that it's still OK to publically spout off your brand of batshit insanity as though it were a true and virtuous thing, but counter anyone on it and you're an asshole.

I swear these guys must look at the screen twitching around catatonically trying not to actually just listen to what you are saying. It's like the faithamphetamine automatically shuts off the minds ability to absorb new information, weigh positions, and generally be honest then automatically trips into pitty and fearfulness projected upon YOU. Such cowardice.

i wonder how they would react if you told them their prayer was nothing but a indirect method to try and gain more control over their existance. but i certantly would not get involved.

What's worse is that had I not gotten myself and my mind under control and left Christianity and it's bat-shit doctrines, I could see myself nodding in agreement with almost everything being posted. That is the poison of religion and subtle reinforced mind control by means of religious propaganda. It is the same technique used on POWs to indoctrinate them to work for the enemy, to believe their politics and war is just while ours is not, etc., while imprisoned. No shit. Herby lives in an environment in Utah where he is under direct supervision and access by those of his church. Not that they live with him but they advise like spiritual advisers and feed him this shit day after day and night after night until the nonsense is driven permanently into his patterns of thought. Every time I see him, or hear from him, he gets worse and worse. He was homeless at one time and this group gave him a place to live and groceries. He had no money and rather than one of the good Christian business owners in that group giving him a paying job, they placed him in positions where he would be more indoctrinated under their thumb--they gave him a place to stay and food to eat and gas money to go look for jobs he could not get because he is also disabled veteran. Now that he is fully indoctrinated into their line of bullshit, he is now finally getting employed through one of the local school districts as a school bus driver, and I can already hear the preaching these kids will endure on his bus! It's like watching Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It's Herby, but not Herby. To keep from going absolutely bonkers from this invasive species of fundies, I have had to resort to blocking the posts and not even responding. These people are intent on spreading their version of untrue history no matter what proof is presented to the contrary. They have already made up their minds that their doctrine is greater than any other church's and any thing to the contrary that contradicts their doctrine is taught as words of the devil. I think they could probably pass as a branch of Westboro Baptist Church they are so far gone in the mind.

Dude. Walter is so fucking old school.

You are so fucking badass, man. I think I'm going to name my son Walter. Or wilbur. W's are the shit.

• Like 1

Dude. Walter is so fucking old school.

You are so fucking badass, man. I think I'm going to name my son Walter. Or wilbur. W's are the shit.

If you get the chance, go with Wilberforce. No power on Earth can beat Wilberforce.

:shrug:

• Like 1

I've taken to blocking people on facebook everytime they post a bible verse as a status update

• Like 1