Goodbye Jesus

What Really Separates Christians From Atheists?

cobrakai

As I partake in the waste of time that is facebook there are some very interesting things I can't help but notice. I am still "friends" with many Christians on there and I find it interesting to see what makes their life so different from mine. Besides the "God Bless" or some random bible verse that gets posted every so often, their statuses are about relationships, jobs, kids, and school. It seems if this Jesus was just so mind blowing, and you actually felt his great majestic power you would actually want to talk about him more. There is truly nothing that would ever give me the impression that their lives are so different from mine as an atheist. To take it a step further I think the thing that gets me the most is when I look into their interests. Most pages are dominated by the love of secular bands that in no way stand for the cause of Christianity; television shows usually consist of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Family Guy, and Dexter. How can Christians justify this? How can a Christian honestly justify watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? The majority of the entertainment world would not even exist if Christians were running the show. When Christians take a stab at it you get Left Behind starring Kirk Cameron. In the 50's you had Christians trying to ban rock n roll and now you have Christian churches playing The Beatles during services. Tattoos even seem to be the norm among these Christians. When I was in the church I was always taught that any form of tattoo was wrong. It's just funny that they only seem to bring up their faith when something is going wrong in their life or when they feel like talking about how we need to take our country back. Take it back from what? You seem to be quite content with it. I am curious if there has ever been anything written yet about how Christians are really allowed to live based on the bible. What should a Christian life look like it in terms of interests, entertainment, literature, art and culture?

In the 50's you had Christians trying to ban rock n roll

cobrakai, you bring up some really interesting points.These christians are no different, except they have the invisible, constant hope that god will save them from all their troubles - finances, depression, worries, fears, marriage problems, etc......... This was my hope..... That someday, I would be really happy. When I belonged to the church, there were as many problems with the 'congregations' of jesus worshipers as the 'outside' world.We had 'depression' support groups in the church and they were always packed????

I was promised when I joined the 'fold' that jesus now had a hold of my life and to get ready for some wonderful things.........:shrug:

I was promised that my life would take a huge turn for the good and I would finally be happy and free. Not so. Never happened.

Oh - I did have many times when I thought things were changing, but that was because I was doing the changing! As much as they told me I had all the promises of god and could pray for what I wanted, many, many, many, many prayers went unanswered. That's why the outside world is no different - they just can't admit how disappointed they are in god and all his promises for a better life. We are great pretenders!

But then again the lord himself told us that his ways were not our ways???? So why does anyone even bother??

BULLSHIT PROMISES1000promisescopy.jpg

Right on agnosticator - I always said I should have been an actress!! I can fool a lot of people with my bullshit, phoney, baloney happy face! :grin:

And I did it well in the church!!:wacko: