Goodbye Jesus

A Story Of Being "trapped"

Thought2Much

Good luck! I like what you wrote nad I hope everything works out for the best.

Oh my gosh I felt tears pricking at my eyes while reading this. I really, really, really hope that she takes it well and knows how much you love her and want an honest relationship. I think so far the speech sounds great. (It does kind of sound like a gay coming-out letter, doesn't it? I think a lot of us find some common ground there.) ((((hugs))))

It does kind of sound like a gay coming-out letter, doesn't it?

I keep thinking that as I think this over and as I write. Maybe she'll be relieved that I'm not building up to being gay or having an affair, but being a non-believer.

Thanks for the hugs. I think I'm going to need them.

Okay, so here's a rough draft of The Speech.

Oh Trapped. Every time I see this thread "A Story Of Being Trapped" my heart skips a beat and I think "OMG! He did it!" (Yes, I know, I need to get a life!)

Well, you move ever closer. I wonder if when you start the script if she will think you're gay. I guess 'coming out' speeches do have similarities between types!

I hope it goes well, friend. I hope she doesn't get terrified and shut down. Do you think there's a way to soften the blow? Maybe the bandaid just has to come off....

We're here for you, Trapped!

Keep telling her you love her. Over and over again. That's the only way I can think to soften the blow. When my Evil Ex converted, that was more or less how he told me about it, and to be quite honest it's about the only reason, in retrospect, that I didn't just instantly dump him. I can't be mad at a man who keeps telling me he loves me. (Well, if I didn't know him, or didn't like him, I don't think that'd apply, but that situation hasn't come up yet.)

I feel trapped right now, in a job at a Christian workplace (completely legal with no recourse for me to be fired for no longer believing, especially publicly), and with the fact that I'll probably never tell my grandmother, since it would probably be devastating to her.

The job market just sucks and I keep looking but am finding no alternatives. It doesn't help that this Christian workplace is rather notorious for its views, members, and leaders. My job is not faith-related, really, it deals more with customer service. I have plenty of bills to pay and debt to get rid of, and it pays decently well. It's just getting tiresome having to hide my atheism, and having to work for a place I fundamentally disagree with on spiritual, political, and social issues, whose members often make headlines for being on the extreme religious right. Some of these individuals are the people for which I provide customer service, and it's starting to disgust me. That, and I could really go for a non-customer-service job, lol.

I have something very important that I need to tell you about. I need you to listen to everything I’m about to say right now without asking me any questions....................

Do it Trapped.... go for it.......It's a great letter......

Best of luck and good wishes for this to be the change you need.... for healing and becoming 'untrapped'!

Thanks, Margee. I hope to do this soon, but probably not before Saturday, since my wife will be going to some sort of Women's conference on that day. I don't want her to go and feel she needs to get prayed over by all the women there because of her heathen husband and getting all kinds of stupid advice from all the Christbots that will be there.

Very smart move. That's exactly what would happen.

The shit is hitting the fan. I'm going to start another thread on the new phase later, but until then I'm going to close this one. I'll just leave with the chorus from a Mumford and Sons song:

But it was not your fault but mine

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time

Didn't I, my dear?

Didn't I, my dear?

EDIT: If you're reading this after the fact, this story is continued in the thread A Story Of Coming Out: " Trapped " Is Now " Thought2Much "