Goodbye Jesus

Us Gov't Spends $200 Million In Tax Money To Covert Soldiers To Christianity

Sexton Blake

Chris Rodda wrote an extensive exposé on the amount of your taxpayer money being spent on converting soldiers and their children to Christianity.

Your money

-- The Soldier Fitness Tracker that includes the mandatory Spiritual Fitness testing and the equally mandatory remedial training. $125,000,000

-- The Spiritual Fitness Center at Fort Hood, Texas (many more to come!) – Often described as a ‘mega church’, the building even has religious stained glass windows. They are stocked with video games, phone cards, and other incentives. Packaged with a religious message. This is in addition to the numerous chapels on every post. $30,000,000

-- Spiritual Fitness concert series at Fort Lee and Fort Eustis - Invariably evangelical Christian messages and performers. You’re on notice for a future Rock Beyond Belief event, by the way. $678,470 (performer fees only)

-- Strong Bonds and other Spiritual Fitness Retreats – These are marriage counseling seminars held at luxurious vacation spots. Notoriously stuffed to the brim with evangelical messages. There are ‘sue-proof’ teaching materials that are often offered up as a defense, but it’s a shallow ruse. When I went to one I literally counted 57 instances where I was offended by the overt religiosity (“The family that prays together stays together…” “Bless this lunch break, oh heavenly father” etc…) *$30,000,000 (*Annually)

-- Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center – hosting Spiritual Fitness retreats $120,000

-- Peninsula Baptist Association’s Eastover Retreat Center – hosting Spiritual Fitness retreats $75,000

-- American Baptist Church Conf. Center – hosting Spiritual Fitness retreats $53,000

-- Quail Ministries – Christian music and comedy during Strong Bonds marriage counseling retreats. Like those awful variety-show acts you sit through during a cheesy school assembly. $84,000

-- “Serving Christ Through Baseball” program – entertainment during Strong Bonds marriage counseling retreats. Title says it all… or not. I’m still scratching my head on that one. $80,000

-- Military Community Youth Ministries – evangelism targeted at children (even stalking them on their way to the school bus) $12,346,333

-- Cadence International – aimed at converting children to Christ, as well as citizens of foreign countries in the nations that they operate in. $2,671,603

Keep in mind that it is entirely outside of the scope of the Chaplaincy and the DoD’s other religious support to convert new people to a particular faith. They are certainly expected to tend to their ‘flock’, but not to grow it.

My education, health, salary, and pension are shrinking… How about we lose all of this Spiritual Fitness stuff instead?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/christianity/atheists-govt-spending-millions-tax-money-covert-soldiers-christianity

Isn't that against the law in the U.S.? Or is the military confident they'll win the lawsuits against them?

what the fuck is this?

how about we put that jesus money to developing more protective armor for our troops rather than stalking kids.

what a waste of funds....