Goodbye Jesus

Regrets On Harrasing Others

AC Skeptic

I never witnessed to anyone because honestly I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to say.

"Hi ma'am, I have Good News ™! Believe this book is true or you're going to be tortured and burned alive for eternity! Thanks, and have a great day!!"

I think even though I professed to "believe" I really don't think I knew what I believed. How do you sell something to someone else that you're not even sure you've bought into yourself? Wendyshrug.gif

My heart goes out to those who must deal with the guilt of having pushed the bullshit.

I never witnessed because I never believed it. I must be a born skeptic, because the Gospel always sounded stupid to me.

Of course I found other ways to harm my fellow humans. We all do. Forgive yourself and try to do better from now on. Do something good to redeem yourself. The person that did those things was a past you, a vulnerable well-intentioned person who wasn't perfect. Forgive that person.

• Like 1

I had a public speaking class and I witnessed to the class that way,

Oh God, I took a public speaking class way back in junior college. This one guy did that exact thing, and even led a salvation prayer at the end, asking everyone to bow their heads and close their eyes. I was definitely still a fundie then, and the guy was a buddy of mine, but I couldn't help but cringe and squirm the whole time. Gahhh!!!

He was one of those hyper-extrovert types who could witness at the drop of a hat to just about anybody, but I bet he was praying and praying about it for weeks prior, probably bringing it up at prayer meetings, etc.

I once got up in front of my entire high school at assembly and told them all that I knew where I was going when I died, did they? Oh, and that I believed in Jesus Christ, that he died and rose again for my sins...

What a dick I was. A judgemental, intolerant, dick. Reading the bible in public is a great way to make friends.

What bothers me now is that one of those girls at assembly, a free-thinking, atheistic, feminist with a strong sense of self... Got involved with a Christian and is now married with kids to him. Saw her wedding photos the other day. Saw the look on her face, her stiff body language and strained smile. Did I help them do that? Did I plant those seeds? I'm so, so sorry. What have I done??!! Damn I fucked up :(