Goodbye Jesus

How To Let Go

Noggy

How do you let go

Noggy, I just posted in the 'living without expectations' topic, (if you want to read more) which I believe 'ties in' with this subject. Two things I am learning to do when trying to 'let go'.

1. If it is heartbreak, disappointment, waiting in frustration for something, etc.... I allow myself to feel the sadness, I don't fight it anymore. But I must break myself away from staying in it for too long because I can bring on my own depression by 'brooding' over it for too long.

2. I distract myself as much as I can, with anything that will help me to let go of 'it' - whatever 'it' is. This gives me some time to 'heal' while I accept what am trying to let go of.

Hope that makes a little sense my friend!

Time. That's about it.

How to let go of what? Expectations? Habits? Old ties?

In a simple word you build something new. Hopefully with the benefit of lessons learned, and not just replacing old false hopes with new false hopes.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you let go

Embrace it.

Allow it to hurt.

Allow it to run it's course.

Laugh at it.

Let it tag along, but move toward your new thing.

Talk about it with someone who cares. I think it takes us all, working together, to get through

some things.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm just interesting myself for new topics, new hobbies. The most challenging is letting the fear leaving me : I mean, I dare to have my own believe now, and let all fear of hell or threat my past "Lord"....he has never been caring, so ok....I just move on and think this religion was not for my anymore. Everyone evolve, and since my first contact with "born again christians" in 1989, I probably changed, and developed my criticism state with all the bad experience. This is a good thing. I just try to see which is positive and learn of my past experiences.

Actually I am starting with buddhism but I will just keep what I really need to improve my health and be well with others, respect others. It help me to let go all my past anger and for that buddhism is really great. This is a pragmatic philosophy. I think I am just changing now for a better person, more relax. I also struggled with anxiety in the past and I need to change now and evolve on a better and more quiet way.

As told in my testimony, I felt like "on another planet". Buddhism is the opposite. I am feeling really connected with people. I don't loose my personality. This philosophy gives me the right tools to let all anxiety leaving me. I recently learned to let go and don't worry anymore. Just try to trust LIFE this is the most important :-)

In christianity you pray sometimes and expect clearly an answer from God. In a way it does not help you to let things go because you must persevere in prayer. With my new philosophy, I just learn to let things in destiny and don't come back on the topic. I am sure if I trust life I will probably have good surprise. I struggled so much with anxiety and my health really suffered. That's enough now. It is time for me to change.

I too am still struggling with fully letting go. Over time i have

started to figure out what helps the most. time itself. time heals.

How do you let go

I think that the answer is in the phrase "let go".

It is on it's way out, and "letting it go", is the natural thing to do.

Letting go is a privilege that not all have.

Doctrine is a prison.

Being willing to see things different, and allowing doctrine to change, is the only way for things to evolve.

Stagnation is caused by the death grip of not being willing to "let it go".

It took me years to be able to say "Jesus is not coming back". Years. Now I can say it with ease and know that I have found a new freedom by allowing it to go.

Soon after "Jesus is not coming back", I allowed myself to say "The sacrifice of Christ teaching, evolved from the archaic Jewish religion, that included the sacrificing of animals in order to gain a relationship with God". Soon I realized that I was no longer a Christian. It was rather easy to let go when I allowed my doctrine to change. Thank God!

I used to believe strongly in the return of Jesus too....and I participated of talking. And you scare you are not reading, you forgot to forsake a sin and you will not caught up....it is crazy and in fact not a long time ago I thought about that.

Look : you are in a restaurant and look around and all these folks go to hell ?? or they will have to go throught the Great Tribulation...just for a different belief....I know realize how this doctrine was ridiculous.Wendystop.gif

I'd have to ask "let go of what" also.

Over the years I've let go of various things in various ways.

There are still some things I can't seem to "let go" of. It can be very frustrating.

Anger, the more I think about how I was led to submit my rational mind to a bag full of lies for so long, makes me extremely angry. I don't miss it.

Anger, the more I think about how I was led to submit my rational mind to a bag full of lies for so long, makes me extremely angry. I don't miss it.

I tend to be more embarrassed than angry. Sometimes the people I associate with now never gave themselves over to such nonsense, and it is easy for them to be judgmental about it or at least to have reservations about me. I just try not to let them edit my reality, and allow them to know me as I am now. I can scarcely blame them, I hardly believe it myself.

Whenever I need help with something I consult Ajahn Brahm. -