Goodbye Jesus

Blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit

Margee

The bible interprets ITSELF... lmao_99.gif

This explains the many different cults of christianity that all TOTALLY AGREE with each other.

Protestants, Catholics, Mormans etc are all the same. Really. They all had the biblay interpret itself to them and it was the same.

• Like 2

Goodbye Jesus

People who have committed that sin have calluses on their ears (spiritually speaking) and they tend not to worry about their salvation, they just don't care. ......

You're starting to understand the real me.

Eh, I think you care a little bit, you just like to hide it. You enjoy playing the harlot (spiritually speaking).

And here we have Roxie's point proven already.

Yeah, I've always taken Blasphemy of the holy spirit to be knowingly attributing works of the holy spirit to satan or other. Basically, I think that since we're all here at Ex-C, it's likely none of us never truly "knew" the holy spirit to blaspheme it- since if we ever thought it was real, we wouldn't have left. So it's safe to say none of us have done it.

I don't agree with what you said, some people genuinely believed and did respond to the wooing of the HS but for some, their misunderstanding of God's character turned them off like in this post: http://www.ex-christ...7-fear-of-hell/ . It is possible to leave your first love --> http://bible.cc/revelation/2-4.htm ; relationships NEED work and misunderstandings can turn a relationship sour. Blaspheming the Spirit is when humans CONTINUALLY choose to remain sour and not be reconciled to God.

Pretend to know what it means by "blaspheming the holy spirit". It's a random phrase in the bible that has plenty of different ways of being interpreted. Your "CONTINUALLY" clause is supported by nothing other than your wishful thinking.

The bible interprets ITSELF (you should try it, compare the scriptures in the margins) but the HS gives lucidity to the verses so a believer can then internalize the biblical teachings. Blaspheming is being callused to the pleadings of the HS and it can include mocking God (an outward expression of an inward belief) but it is persistently doing it that causes and will cause people to be lost. The two thieves on the cross are examples of that, they both were mocking God and not responding to the HS but one of them responded and he will be resurrected when Jesus returns.

P.S. Does the "wishful thinking" you mentioned mean that it makes sense to you (objectively speaking)?

The bible interprets itself in the minds of the people who read it.

you obviously understand what blasphemy is "the outward mocking of", and so therefore the "outward mocking of the holy spirit" gets you eternal hellfire. I'm interested in how you got "continually".

And as for the thieves, didn't jesus say that "today" he would be with him in paradise? Not when jesus returns? Also, it seems that Jesus' words about blasphemy say that if they make fun of jesus, then everything is okay, but making fun of the holy derp will get you eternal hellfire. The thief was NOT making fun of the HS. He was making fun of jesus. derp

If the bible interprets itself in the minds of the people who read it then I will reinterpret this verse which talks about cowardly/fearful people not going to heaven to not mean that shy ol' me has some problems: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. http://bible.cc/revelation/21-8.htm

Of course I know what blasphemy is, there are people on this website whom I like very much that do it all the time(call good evil and evil good or some may say sin or trangression of the law, does not exist) Blasphemy is also calling oneself God; the Jews accused Jesus of that http://bible.cc/john/10-33.htm . Ultimately, blaspheming the HS can be a continual process of grieving away the HS because a person REFUSES to listen and hardens their heart when truth is presented to them, like what Pharaoh did. Do you not know what the role of the HS is?

About the thieves on the cross, people don't let the bible explain itself and they form a whole doctrine from one text. The bible translators forgot to put a comma so it should have read "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise. Jesus did not even go to heaven that day, he went to a tomb after his demise and on Sunday he told Mary not to detain Him because he did not yet go to His father. A comma makes a difference. Eg. A man's wife went on a cruise and she wanted to buy an EXPENSIVE fur coat so she wired her husband to ask him if she can buy it. The response was " No price too high!" so she bought it and when her husband saw her in it, he was aghast he said the wire should have read "No, price too high!" These days the husband would have texted his wife :)

God is the eternal fire ---> http://bible.cc/hebrews/12-29.htm ; http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/4-24.htm and whoever does not accept salvation will be consumed/destroyed by it. The bible calls that the 2nd death which is mentioned in the verse I put in the beginning of this post.

P.S. You're a blasphemer Mr. derp derp.

A comma makes a difference

I'll correct it for you, its spelled coma.

The two thieves on the cross are examples of that, they both were mocking God and not responding to the HS but one of them responded and he will be resurrected when Jesus returns.

So like, what did he mean when he said:

Verily I say unto you' date=' This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

[/quote']

Are you saying the thieves are still alive on the crosses???

Holly crap. Someone get them down!

They've been there almost 2000 years.

Or is is someone from back then still alive today and is holding up the prophecy?

Time to search out all the old looking people.

Kill anyone that looks over a thousand years old, just to be on the safe side.

A comma makes a difference

I'll correct it for you, its spelled coma.

Nah, in the construction of the sentence it would not fit; that is why some people end up wresting the bible to their own destruction, they don't look at the CONTEXT.

The two thieves on the cross are examples of that, they both were mocking God and not responding to the HS but one of them responded and he will be resurrected when Jesus returns.

So like, what did he mean when he said:

Verily I say unto you' date=' This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

[/quote']

Are you saying the thieves are still alive on the crosses???

Holly crap. Someone get them down!

They've been there almost 2000 years.

Or is is someone from back then still alive today and is holding up the prophecy?

Time to search out all the old looking people.

Kill anyone that look over a thousand years old, just to be on the safe side.

They are a pile of dust, just like David and Joseph and Mary and myriads of other dead people. My 18 year old friend died a few years ago and the funeral director said that she was in heaven, in my mind I was like " No she's not, she's right there in her casket"

You took that text from Matthew 24, didn't you? Jesus was answering TWO questions, the disciples did ask Him two questions and they got an earful.

They are a pile of dust, just like David and Joseph and Mary and myriads of other dead people. My 18 year old friend died a few years ago and the funeral director said that she was in heaven, in my mind I was like " No she's not, she's right there in her casket"

So why isn't Jesus here then?

A generation has passed.

I think he forgot or he's scared.

One of those two.

Or maybe he forgot because he's scared to come back.

He remembers the last time he came for a visit and now we have better weapons and torture techniques.

The bible translators forgot to put a comma so it should have read "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Fee, Fi, fo fum. I smell the blood of a Seventh-Day Adventist...that is their interpretation of the verse.

• Like 1

The bible translators forgot to put a comma so it should have read "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Fee, Fi, fo fum. I smell the blood of a Seventh-Day Adventist...that is their interpretation of the verse.

Hold on there mister ape.

The biblay interprets ITSELF.

So the coma must have been there for everyone. LOL

So why isn't Jesus here then?

A generation has passed.

I think he forgot or he's scared.

One of those two.

Or maybe he forgot because he's scared to come back.

He remembers the last time he came for a visit and now we have better weapons and torture techniques.

:) You're funny. Jesus sometimes shows up as a theophany to different people and He is omnipresent (not sure how that works). He is doing His work as our High Priest because Satan is always accusing us day and night Jesus is pleading His blood for believers. One of the questions the disciples asked was about the destruction of the BEAUTIFUL temple in Jerusalem and people from that generation did see the temple destroyed. The next question was about the end of the world and Jesus basically said that there will be a confluence of activities in the last days like wars and rumors of wars, financial meltdowns, earthquakes, sexual immorality, people departing from the faith in droves etc. When Jesus returns (manifests Himself to all) He will be coming as King of kings and Lord of lords. He's not scared people will drop dead from the brightness of His coming --> http://bible.cc/2_thessalonians/2-8.htm

Hey Agi, Jesus did not go to paradise on good Friday , the bible says so. He came out of the tomb on Sunday and humans saw Him and on that Sunday He went to heaven.

Thebiblay interprets ITSELF.

The Biblay might interpret itself, but the Bible isn't always clear enough to be "properly" interpreted by anyone. The biblegod keeps things hidden from those He doesn't like.

Hey Agi, Jesus did not go to paradise on good Friday , the bible says so. He came out of the tomb and humans saw Him and on Sunday He went to heaven.

So he kept the Sabbath! Woohoo!

:) You're funny. Jesus sometimes shows up as a theophany to different people and He is omnipresent (not sure how that works). He is doing His work as our High Priest because Satan is always accusing us day and night Jesus is pleading His blood for believers. One of the questions the disciples asked was about the destruction of the BEAUTIFUL temple in Jerusalem and people from that generation did see the temple destroyed. The next question was about the end of the world and Jesus basically said that there will be a confluence of activities in the last days like wars and rumors of wars, financial meltdowns, earthquakes, sexual immorality, people departing from the faith in droves etc. When Jesus returns (manifests Himself to all) He will be coming as King of kings and Lord of lords. He's not scared people will drop dead from the brightness of His coming --> http://bible.cc/2_th...lonians/2-8.htm

Really?

Well, here it is:

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

See how he was walking in (1) and sitting on a mound of olives (3) in the other?

They are two separate things both spatially and even in the biblay.

They are even two separate paragraphs.

So I find it interesting that you find distinction with a comma but miss entirely that this is a different paragraph.

Thebiblay interprets ITSELF.

The Biblay might interpret itself, but the Bible isn't always clear enough to be "properly" interpreted by anyone. The biblegod keeps things hidden from those He doesn't like.

He's not a vengeful God. He's an illiterate one.

He doesn't even write anything down himself. He gets someone that CAN write to do it for him!

How am I doing on the whole blasphemy thing?

Do I need to dial it up a bit or have I hit the point of no return yet? ;)

Oh, you're a goner already! :eek:

I dont even know why I bothered to try to even argue about this. I do find it hilarious, however, that the christian seems to know the scriptures the least.

But isn't that how we all were? Everyone is a christian until they actually read the damn thing.

:) You're funny. Jesus sometimes shows up as a theophany to different people and He is omnipresent (not sure how that works). He is doing His work as our High Priest because Satan is always accusing us day and night Jesus is pleading His blood for believers. One of the questions the disciples asked was about the destruction of the BEAUTIFUL temple in Jerusalem and people from that generation did see the temple destroyed. The next question was about the end of the world and Jesus basically said that there will be a confluence of activities in the last days like wars and rumors of wars, financial meltdowns, earthquakes, sexual immorality, people departing from the faith in droves etc. When Jesus returns (manifests Himself to all) He will be coming as King of kings and Lord of lords. He's not scared people will drop dead from the brightness of His coming --> http://bible.cc/2_th...lonians/2-8.htm

Really?

Well, here it is:

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

See how he was walking in (1) and sitting on a mound of olives (3) in the other?

They are two separate things both spatially and even in the biblay.

They are even two separate paragraphs.

So I find it interesting that you find distinction with a comma but miss entirely that this is a different paragraph.

Dude, why don't you cite chapter and verses? You do know that the bible uses chiasms as a teaching device, right? I did not recently look at those verses; are you citing two different recordings in two different gospels? Jesus left the temple and went to the mount where He was able to overlook the temple. Did the verse mention the timespan? The bible tends to record the most imporatant things and who knows how much yapping they did during their walk. Maybe Jesus did not answer their question because the Pharisees would hear and they repeated the question, I dunno, but cite where you take the verses from.

About the thieves on the cross, people don't let the bible explain itself and they form a whole doctrine from one text. The bible translators forgot to put a comma so it should have read "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise. Jesus did not even go to heaven that day, he went to a tomb after his demise and on Sunday he told Mary not to detain Him because he did not yet go to His father. A comma makes a difference. Eg. A man's wife went on a cruise and she wanted to buy an EXPENSIVE fur coat so she wired her husband to ask him if she can buy it. The response was " No price too high!" so she bought it and when her husband saw her in it, he was aghast he said the wire should have read "No, price too high!" These days the husband would have texted his wife :)

Eh... There's a problem here. There are NO commas in the New Testament Greek text.

http://www.friktech.com/rel/canon/types.htm

All of the Greek New Testament originals were written in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS with no spaces and probably no punctuation, and all of the earlier manuscripts are in this style, whether on parchment or papyrus. This is because the Greek alphabet did not have punctuation until at least the II century, and there were no minscule (lower case) letters until much later. The surviving manuscripts on papyrus are classed by themselves: papyri. The parchment manuscripts written in all capitals are called uncials, and those written later (IX century on) using upper and lower case letters are called miniscules.

In other words, the translator has to make an educated guess where to put the comma or not.

Eh... There's a problem here. There are NO commas in the New Testament Greek text.

http://www.friktech.com/rel/canon/types.htm

All of the Greek New Testament originals were written in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS with no spaces and probably no punctuation, and all of the earlier manuscripts are in this style, whether on parchment or papyrus. This is because the Greek alphabet did not have punctuation until at least the II century, and there were no minscule (lower case) letters until much later. The surviving manuscripts on papyrus are classed by themselves: papyri. The parchment manuscripts written in all capitals are called uncials, and those written later (IX century on) using upper and lower case letters are called miniscules.

In other words, the translator has to make an educated guess where to put the comma or not.

Yup! They made an educated guess (probably based on doctrines they already had) which is why I said the bible translators put the comma in wrong and that you can't make a doctrine from only one text.

Cooool :D

Yup! They made an educated guess (probably based on doctrines they already had) which is why I said the bible translators put the comma in wrong and that you can't make a doctrine from only one text.

But then its not the inerrant work of god and it doesn't interpret itself either.

Cooool :D

See, Agi is blaspheming by taking the place of God and saying you committed the unpardonable sin and you are doing it too, condemning yourself.

Dude, why don't you cite chapter and verses? You do know that the bible uses chiasms as a teaching device, right? I did not recently look at those verses; are you citing two different recordings in two different gospels? Jesus left the temple and went to the mount where He was able to overlook the temple. Did the verse mention the timespan? The bible tends to record the most imporatant things and who knows how much yapping they did during their walk. Maybe Jesus did not answer their question because the Pharisees would hear and they repeated the question, I dunno, but cite where you take the verses from.

Sorry, I thought you knew your biblay.

Matthew 24 as you mentioned.