Goodbye Jesus

Life Has Been Good

dB-Paradox

It's almost like family has just accepted that I'm atheist and there's nothing they can do about it, although I'm sure they are praying every night before they go to sleep. Life is soooo freaking good! Of course, it could also be the meds talking!

To make things even better, I haven't heard a peep from my family in over a month....no hello's or anything! I'm starting to think maybe there IS a god! :lmao: And my fil must have had his mouth nail-gunned shut, because he hasn't so much as uttered a single WORD about his god. SERIOUSLY!!! And this is the guy who can't shut the fuck up about Jesus and the precious bible! To make things even stranger, my wife hasn't gone to church in over a month, so my girls have also not been subjected to the horror of the "love" of the almighty punisher. And even STILL, my fil hasn't phoned to blame me for my wife's absence. (My wife has just been lazy lately and likes to sleep in on Sundays.)

After all this, not one single call to tell me I'm bringing my family to hell with me. Not a single letter, email, or the slightest hint of condensation....ummmm, condescension. Maybe there IS a god and he's an atheist like me! Maybe he's proud of me and is rewarding me for thinking amongst my religiously faithful family! Like seriously....it's been over two years, and I've never had it so good! I hope everyone else is doing as well!

Glad it is finally sinking in for them and your getting the peace you deserve,lots of luck. :grin:

• Super Moderator

Sounds like you're in "don't ask, don't tell" mode. It's a good thing indeed.

Thanks guys! :grin:

Next time they send you a letter or something, just mail them a box of tissues. Works everytime.

WooHoo!! That's awesome!

I had a similar moment last night when I overheard my wife talking to her very religious mother on the phone. Not only did she tell her how I became an atheist from reading the bible (which I didn't know she was planning to share), but she's laughing as she's saying it. I can not think of a better sign that my wife is fully over religion.

Good to hear!!