Goodbye Jesus

Is This Even Worthy Of A Response?

notazombie

Some delbert just posted "I don't believe in atheists, therefore they don't exist." on a facebook thread where I have been discussing my beliefs - or lack thereof. :loser:

WTF

• Super Moderator

But there is evidence that atheists exist.

atheists_real_ghostbusters.gif

• Like 2

"I don't believe in atheists, therefore they don't exist."

If I did respond, it would be something like this: "I believe in purple unicorns, therefore they exist."

• Like 3

I believe $100,000,000 was just added to my bank account.

I am now rich.

Some delbert just posted "I don't believe in atheists, therefore they don't exist." on a facebook thread where I have been discussing my beliefs - or lack thereof. :loser:

WTF

It's probably not worth a response. But I would probably say, " You are trying to turn an atheist's position around on him/her. You've framed your statement incorrectly. Let me help you. "There is little evidence to support the existence of atheists, therefore I do not believe atheists exist." But wait! There is plenty of evidence to show that atheists exist. However, there is little evidence to support belief in the existence of god. therefore, the atheist does not believe a god exists. Glad I could clear that up for you!"

• Like 1

i dont know how to respond to such stupidity with out loosing brain cells but...

i would say somthing about how your argument is a scapegoat answer and is avoiding any logical argument in the discusion becuase obviously atheism exist becuase it is a choice and christianity exist becuase it is a choice (:wicked: ) you can not denie the existance of a cause and effect event. as in atheist exist becuase we are having this discusion and so it is undoubtably real since you are partaking in it.

WTF

It's probably not worth a response. But I would probably say, " You are trying to turn an atheist's position around on him/her. You've framed your statement incorrectly. Let me help you. "There is little evidence to support the existence of atheists, therefore I do not believe atheists exist." But wait! There is plenty of evidence to show that atheists exist. However, there is little evidence to support belief in the existence of god. therefore, the atheist does not believe a god exists. Glad I could clear that up for you!"

Agreed, the individual is trying to set a trap for the non-believer. The obvious falacy that even the original fb'er neglected to realize is that we don't get to choose our own reality based off our beliefs. What is, is, whether we wish it so or not.

I said: "Perhaps if God had a facebook and posted on this thread, I would be more inclined to believe it exists."

Although "herp derp durr" would have been equally effective. :grin: