Goodbye Jesus

It's Ok That God Killed Lots Of People

Discern

I wanted to hear some arguments on this excuse. I know that if I start addressing the amount of people God has killed, then the general response is "God is God, He knew what He was doing. How do you know those men, women, and children He killed wouldn't become a greater threat to mankind?"

In the end, we can ask why God creating the human race to begin with, if He knew he'd either kill half of us or send us to hell. But I'd like to hear some other arguments to use against this "God knows best" belief?

I wanted to hear some arguments on this excuse. I know that if I start addressing the amount of people God has killed, then the general response is "God is God, He knew what He was doing. How do you know those men, women, and children He killed wouldn't become a greater threat to mankind?"

In the end, we can ask why God creating the human race to begin with, if He knew he'd either kill half of us or send us to hell. But I'd like to hear some other arguments to use against this "God knows best" belief?

None can help if you don't realize that it's a human habit for humans to kill each other. Mass killing is not uncommon in ancient wars, even recently a man called Hitler killed humans in mass. This is allowed on earth as earth is place for everyone to express his free will. Cruel wars are a choice of men. However there's bottom line there, God's bottom line is that His message of salvation must continue throughout human history. Say, if you'd like to kill the Jews in mass in Moses period of time when it's a critical moment for the Jews acting as the seed of God's salvation message. In this case, God allows the Jews to kill your kind in mass in the first place such that the relatively weak Jews can be reserved as a messenger for the message of His salvation. God sided with the Jews in this period or otherwise the Jews' enemies may have wiped them out. Actually, the Egyptians killed the children of the Jews on sight just for the reason that the Jews got over-populated. The Jews were living in between the wolves and if they don't kill they won't be able to survive. To the Jews, it's either to kill or to be wiped out from human history.

None can help if you don't realize that it's a human habit for humans to kill each other. Mass killing is not uncommon in ancient wars, even recently a man called Hitler killed humans in mass. This is allowed on earth as earth is place for everyone to express his free will. Cruel wars are a choice of men. However there's bottom line there, God's bottom line is that His message of salvation must continue throughout human history. Say, if you'd like to kill the Jews in mass in Moses period of time when it's a critical moment for the Jews acting as the seed of God's salvation message. In this case, God allows the Jews to kill your kind in mass in the first place such that the relatively weak Jews can be reserved as a messenger for the message of His salvation. God sided with the Jews in this period or otherwise the Jews' enemies may have wiped them out. Actually, the Egyptians killed the children of the Jews on sight just for the reason that the Jews got over-populated. The Jews were living in between the wolves and if they don't kill they won't be able to survive. To the Jews, it's either to kill or to be wiped out from human history.

this is by far some of the worst reasioning ever... no ofence.

why is it that a OMNIPOTENT ALL POWERFULL GOD had to kill people? why cant he make up a better solution in order to help solve the problems like working to give people more education and tolorance of others eh?

all this proves is that god would be a incompitent genocidal maniac if he really wanted to help he would give the isrealites the power of peace and so they could bring judaism and love to the sorounding neighbors. but you know whats sad it dosnt.

• Like 2

why is it that a OMNIPOTENT ALL POWERFULL GOD had to kill people? why cant he make up a better solution in order to help solve the problems like working to give people more education and tolorance of others eh?

all this proves is that god would be a incompitent genocidal maniac if he really wanted to help he would give the isrealites the power of peace and so they could bring judaism and love to the sorounding neighbors. but you know whats sad it dosnt.

Because in terms of free will, you'll be able to choose to be evil.

And in terms of eternity, you will be considered educatable only when you have faith. You are uneducatable if you don't know how to repent after sinning and lack faith at the same time. Moreover, if you are truly educatable, God will have chosen you during (or even earlier) the period when you are on earth.Omnipotence by no means says that He has to do things in a way you demand (human intelligence should be doubtful). IMO, He will do it in a way the best for His sheep and His sheep only.

Your kind is filtered out such that the eternity (His Kingdom in Heaven) won't be another clone of this planet earth. Such that Heaven will be the best place for His sheep.

And in terms of eternity, you will be considered educatable only when you have faith. You are uneducatable if you don't know how to repent after sinning and lack faith at the same time. Moreover, if you are truly educatable, God will have chosen you during (or even earlier) the period when you are on earth.Omnipotence by no means says that He has to do things in a way you demand (human intelligence should be doubtful). IMO, He will do it in a way the best for His sheep and His sheep only.

Your kind is filtered out such that the eternity (His Kingdom in Heaven) won't be another clone of this planet earth. Such that Heaven will be the best place for His sheep.

the thing about free will, it once agian all comes back to its omnipotence the fact that your god could of created free will without the sin, thats the point of omnipotence knowing how to do everything. he also dosnt haft to make them do anything but he could use his ALL POWERFULLNESS to put more imput on their education like actualy speaking adubly rather than simply letting those who belive in his existance "feel him" and leave every on who could potentionaly be great jews or christians out in the cold.

so basicly your saying god dosnt need to take responsobility for his own creation and actualy help to make things better when obviously he has the means too? if my dogs keep getting out of the pen and going to a farmers house to bother his chickens (witch my dogs do) do i need to simply sit there and say they have free will so im going to let the farmer shoot them?

so your saying since i think that actualy educating people rather than killing them makes me "uneducatable" if your gods definition of education involves genocide then i dont even know what your worshiping here.

to the last part jesus said to love everybody not just love those people who belive the same way you do, ya would think your god would participate in his own idea eh?

do you really want to debate agianst your gods ability to make the world a better place free will or no free will?:HaHa:

• Like 1

God know's best and he's willing to kill us all to prove it.

Actually, the Egyptians killed the children of the Jews on sight just for the reason that the Jews got over-populated. The Jews were living in between the wolves and if they don't kill they won't be able to survive. To the Jews, it's either to kill or to be wiped out from human history.

Hi, Hawkins. What's your source for this data?

Thx,

P

True mercy would be to destroy us, the filtered. Eternal torture is the mark of either an all-powerful sadist or manipulative humans telling a story to gain compliance.

• Like 2

My impression of the original question was rather, 'why was it ok to commit ethic cleansing on the Canaanites?'

... Your kind is filtered out such that the eternity (His Kingdom in Heaven) won't be another clone of this planet earth. Such that Heaven will be the best place for His sheep.

You'd better hope that this place you think you're going to isn't a clone of the original Heaven. That's the place where one-third of the inhabitants rebelled and joined in with the utterly evil one that your god created for some mysterious reason, or so the story goes. What's to prevent it from happening again? Doesn't sound like a safe locale for sheep.

Unless, of course, you're saying that "free will" will no longer exist in Happy, Happy Glory Land? (Is creating free will yet another one of those mistakes that your all-knowing god "repenteth"?) So you and your fellow residents of Heaven will be nothing but mindless worship-bots without free will?

... Moreover, if you are truly educatable, God will have chosen you during (or even earlier) the period when you are on earth. ...

Oh, that's right. You seem to believe in pre-destination. That means you don't really believe in such a thing as free will since the two concepts are mutually exclusive. Maybe you'd better think about this some more.

• Like 3

Hawkins is just yanking things out of the air and calling it truth or explanation. There's no reason to believe the universe is the way he describes. I believe the theological term is "hokum."

• Like 2

I am amazed at the sheer stupidity of people when they make assumptions.

Assumption: CHRISTIAN GOD IS REAL AND THE BIBLE IS HIS WORD

Then you justify everything you see off of that.

Thats why you get such bullshit. No reason to ask a christian, anything, ever.

• Like 3

Good point.

God kills and harms people for the "greater good" (whatever that is).

But Satan kills and harms people for the "greater evil" (whatever that is).

No wonder the Gnostics considered YHWH to be an evil god.

In the end, we can ask why God creating the human race to begin with, if He knew he'd either kill half of us or send us to hell.

Half? More like 99.99999% to Hell. A handful of people will go to Heaven. It was a bad design and decision by "The Almighty".

But I'd like to hear some other arguments to use against this "God knows best" belief?

God is evil, is one, or God is neither good nor evil, but amoral. (He's above morality anyway, so how can God be said to be "good" or "bad"? It's a disjunctive condition.)

And all the people (or the large majority at least) will go to Hell for eternal punishment for not believing in Jesus, specifically. God is an executioner and tormentor, and it's his choice.

Seriously? God is so powerful he can do anything but he can't solve some political struggles on our little planet without resorting to eternal Hellfire for his own people?

Or would you suggest that all people God killed will get a free pass to Heaven because he had to kill them?

It's all very stupid. Very stupid.

God killing people out of his will is not the same as people using their own free will to be killed. Duh!

Who is killing whom, and who is making the decisions, and what free will is in action when the killing by God is done?

To excuse God by referring to humans' free will is dumb. Just plainly dumb.

This is even more ludicrous. :Doh:

Christianity is a idiotic religion that requires idiots to follow.

• Super Moderator
Cruel wars are a choice of men.

Yes, particularly when they imagine they have a god on their side.

• Like 2

Dude, you're seriously full of shit!

The Jews were the invading force and exterminated the inhabitants of their own lands in order to STEAL them, they murdered every last man, woman, and child. Your religious crap about justifying mass murder in the name of an imaginary being doesn't hold water. Israel is an abomination on this planet.

Mass killing is not uncommon in ancient wars, even recently a man called Hitler killed humans in mass. This is allowed on earth as earth is place for everyone to express his free will.

In the Bible it isn't simply allowed, it's commanded by God.

God even manipulates some humans to encourage war.

That's what the hardening of hearts is about.

Free will is a chimera that doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Cruel wars are a choice of men.

Instructions for cruel war were given by God.

The command to utterly destroy populations came from God.

Hamstringing horses is exceedingly cruel.

Josh 11:6

The LORD said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid of them, because by this time tomorrow I will hand all of them, slain, over to Israel. You are to hamstring their horses and burn their chariots.”

When Saul didn't do enough killing to satisfy God he lost the throne.

Hawkins is trying to pass the buck from God to human behaviour even though it explicitly states in the text that God is supportive of the actions. I think this is disingenuous. There are numerous genocides in the Bible, all supported by the Biblical God. Below is just one of them.

Numbers 31

Vengeance on the Midianites

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people.” 3 So Moses said to the people, “Arm some of your men to go to war against the Midianites so that they may carry out the LORD’s vengeance on them. 4 Send into battle a thousand men from each of the tribes of Israel.” 5 So twelve thousand men armed for battle, a thousand from each tribe, were supplied from the clans of Israel. 6 Moses sent them into battle, a thousand from each tribe, along with Phinehas son of Eleazar, the priest, who took with him articles from the sanctuary and the trumpets for signaling.

7 They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the LORD in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the LORD’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Need I say more? How does this make God any different to Genghis Khan or Hitler?

• Super Moderator

The god of the Bible is a bloodthirsty, cruel, barbaric fuck. The reason for this is that he was invented by ancient bloodthirsty, cruel, barbarian fucks.

• Like 3

The god of the Bible is a bloodthirsty, cruel, barbaric fuck. The reason for this is that he was invented by ancient bloodthirsty, cruel, barbarian fucks.

Actually, the Egyptians killed the children of the Jews on sight just for the reason that the Jews got over-populated. The Jews were living in between the wolves and if they don't kill they won't be able to survive. To the Jews, it's either to kill or to be wiped out from human history.

Hi, Hawkins. What's your source for this data?

Thx,

P

:/ No source? :shrug:

I believe the question was why it's ok that GOD killed lots of people. Not why people kill people.

I'm glad I'm uneducatable in the way you define educated. :)

This really does say it all florduh! Again, in one sentence............jesus, how do you do that!!!