Goodbye Jesus

Jehova's Witness And Higher Education

Jds22

lolwut.jpg

http://www.religioustolerance.org/anon03.htm

The Watchtower article attempted to enlighten its readers to keep a balanced view of religious and secular education -- especially higher education.

It stressed, in no uncertain terms, that higher education had no place in the lives of those who truly want to serve their God.

Higher education was defined by the Watchtower as any college or university degree comprising of four or more years, leading to four year bachelor’s degrees, careers in the medicine, legal, engineering, and all the way to post graduate and doctoral work (Watchtower, 2005).

:Doh:

• Super Moderator

The less educated one is, the easier he is to fool.

Damn that takes the cake for ignorance, literally.

I didn't know JW's thought that too...

Hell, I knew a whole bunch of people who referred to seminary as cemetery. For crying out loud, this was higher "education" about the Bible and they still despised it.

Hell, I knew a whole bunch of people who referred to seminary as cemetery. For crying out loud, this was higher "education" about the Bible and they still despised it.

Yeah, I heard that all the time. The thought was that if you went to seminary, you would not take the bible literally. Imagine that!!lmao_99.gif

Response to the last line in the Watchtower article: Yes, fire-breathers and fire/coal-walkers. They do it all the time; some even make a living out of it. Also, magicians, but I think Jehovahs are supposed to throws stones or something at them.

:Doh:

And then somehow these people end up running business and politics and trying to tell ME how to do my job when they've never set foot inside a higher ed classroom. :eviltongue:

We really need a smiley with a shotgun.

Looks like they not only lump higher education in with drugs and debauchery, but social media as well. I guess not "posting your profile on the Internet" would mean no one would ever interact on this site, for instance ...

Talk about pissing into the wind! Then again, the original idea behind JW was that there were only going to be 144,000 True Believers so I suppose they don't technically have to have much of a growth strategy, given that they've already gone way beyond that number.