Goodbye Jesus

Process Theology

openpalm45

Has anyone here ever studied process theology? It does not seem to be a very common theology, but my roommate says it is what she believes. She hasnt been able to explain it to me very well though. Have any of you ever studied it, and could you tell me anything about it? Im reading about it, but would like to hear from someone who has studied it for a while.

Thanks,

Rachel

Pick up a copy of "Process and Reality" by Alfred North Whitehead. You can download it from several places.

My impression of Process Theology is that when the traditional concepts of the Christian god's Omnipotence, Omniscience, omnipresence, immutability and impassibility break down, theologians and philosophers of religion flirt with process theology - to one degree or another. In process theology his transcendence is played down. He becomes changeable. He is "di-polar," having both a changing and unchanging aspect. Of course if his behavior in the Bible is any indicator, he is more like "bi-polar."

Yeah, thats kind of the impression I got too. It also seems really similar to pluralism.

And from what I read briefly, it seems like anyone could believe in Process Theology, and that Christianity isnt really necessary for the belief? But maybe I read it wrong.....