Goodbye Jesus

Scared For Family

Falloutdude

Hey i was just wondering, have you ever led your parents kind of in the same direction as you (or other people you love)? That is away from church and just living normally/not really praying or anything and living a "sinful" life? I ask because my mom kind of followed me out of church however she has none of the knowledge i do so i'm afraid for her emotional well being later on. I know she still believes in god, but i don't really know, she seems to be ok with just not worrying about it. I'm just scared she'll die in fear or terror like so many others who die being afraid of going to hell..

Also i was scared that if i'm wrong i'd be leading her to hell. I mean, if i'm wrong, i can deal with that, but if i was somehow wrong i would feel absolutely demolished with guilt with sending my mom to hell because of my apostasy making her feel comfortable with it. or if i came to believe in christianity again later on realizing i'd led my mom to hell

Has anyone else dealt with this kind of fear? I just love my mom a lot and am concerned for her, i know she's an adult, but i've always been kind of a leader as far as "corrupting" my mom and loosening her up.

Hey i was just wondering, have you ever led your parents kind of in the same direction as you (or other people you love)? That is away from church and just living normally/not really praying or anything and living a "sinful" life? I ask because my mom kind of followed me out of church however she has none of the knowledge i do so i'm afraid for her emotional well being later on. I know she still believes in god, but i don't really know, she seems to be ok with just not worrying about it. I'm just scared she'll die in fear or terror like so many others who die being afraid of going to hell..

It seems that most Americans are nominal Christians and live their lives with little or no regard to Christian doctrine. They don't appear to have any problems with their emotional well-being. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also i was scared that if i'm wrong i'd be leading her to hell. I mean, if i'm wrong, i can deal with that, but if i was somehow wrong i would feel absolutely demolished with guilt with sending my mom to hell because of my apostasy making her feel comfortable with it. or if i came to believe in christianity again later on realizing i'd led my mom to hell

There is no hell. Hopefully at some point you will realize that with certainty.

Respectfully,

Franciscan Monkey

Has anyone else dealt with this kind of fear? I just love my mom a lot and am concerned for her, i know she's an adult, but i've always been kind of a leader as far as "corrupting" my mom and loosening her up.

The way that I came to the conclusion that there is no hell may be different then you. As I Chrisian, I believed that God was love. if God is love, then hell is not real.

I evolved all the way out of Christainity because I did not beleive that an all powerful, all knowing, everywhere present God would need to have bloodshed in order to forgive. I also

figured that the things that where supposed to "soon come to pass", the return of Jesus, should have a time limit, and it has done passed.

From your post, it seems that you still believe in God. I am a thiest, just not a Christain. My faith has evolved and grown out of Chrisianity. I think that keeping the communication

open with your mom, about these things, is important. The fact that you care, and see it, is a good thing.

Does she have a computer? Maybe some ExC support for her would help?

Thanks for sharing what is in you head. I think that is often the first step to anwer.

As a Chrisian, I believed that God was love.

Hey how about an edit button from the get go.

LOL

My oldest son is the one that asked me the hard questions that made me look up the answers and here I am. Once I stopped believing it had a domino effect and now my family are religion free.We no longer fear hell, we have real fears now like how are we going to survive in the real world.

My oldest son is the one that asked me the hard questions that made me look up the answers and here I am. Once I stopped believing it had a domino effect and now my family are religion free.We no longer fear hell, we have real fears now like how are we going to survive in the real world.

I suspect that a lot of people are ripe to leave the faith or at least to quit taking it so damn seriously. If any of your loved ones follow your lead, even if there's some angst for them, your lead is one of the best gifts you can possibly give them.

They are individually responsible for how they live their lives, in or out of the faith, so you should neither hector them about leaving nor take false responsibility for them leaving. Just do what you always should do with your loved ones, be present for them, genuinely care and listen. The rest will take care of itself.

--Bob