Goodbye Jesus

Lil' Baby Souls

Guest JPD

Would her nickname start with a "P" and lives in the upper midwest?

Which woman? My stepmother or the victim? If it's the former, she doesn't have a nickname that I'm aware of, and she lives in Nashville. If the latter, I don't know anything about her except that she is out of her mind. As far as I can tell, if you run in evangelical circles you ar highly likely to run into a similar story. Or were you kidding? It's so hard to tell on the ultrahyperglobalmeganet.

103146[/snapback]

The minister. She is in Iowa right now. This just sounded nearly identical to the story of someone I know: with the counseling a distribured satanic baby cult woman, charismatic healer, holiday email preaching crap, and all that. Oh well, coincidences are quite ironic sometimes. :shrug:

BTW, welcome to the forums! :grin:

Still no Christians piping in here?

Still no Christians piping in here?

103249[/snapback]

Shhh! Don't wake the cranky babies. After yesterday's deluge of doo-doo my eyes and brain could use a break from stupidity.

Ever notice how full of themselves they get on SUNDAY after they come home from church? Full of encouragement and apologetics, and ready to do battle with the heathen.

ipray, daniel, ToC. Care to respond to my initial post? I have read the posts from these members and I can't help but wonder if they are simply parodies of christian archetypes played out for entertainment in the microcosm that is the XC forums. I wonder, because for years I have posted as a fake fundy in the forums of the site www.truechristian.com. My TC personality, Levonn Sack, or Elder Lee Sack, has existed through 6 incarnations of the forums now (due to hackers wiping out the database) and I can't tell you how much fun it is to argue with christians from the perspective of someone who respects their texts more than they do. I suspect that many of your "christian" posters are actually nonchristians out for a laugh. But, who knows, it's not like their aren't real life representatives of their idiology.

ipray, daniel, ToC. Care to respond to my initial post? I have read the posts from these members and I can't help but wonder if they are simply parodies of christian archetypes played out for entertainment in the microcosm that is the XC forums.

103339[/snapback]

Well, ToC was a spoof, and is out. And we do get other posers/spoofers here, now and then. But Ipray and Daniel are most likely true colors.

Maybe they off learning to be abortion doctors now that they realize they could send them to heaven that way. Imagine all the souls won for christ!

Personally, I think that churches, due to the fact that they often provide free counseling and a free "support group" (other christian members); as well as encouraging sharing of "testimonies" and confessing of one's past- can attract alot of loonies who are looking for attention.

They don't care. Anyone in the pew is good enough for the church, these days. But, yes, of course anyone with a crazy story is probably attracted to groups of credulous people. Christians shoot themselves in the foot, especially charasmatics, by accepting that the supernatural is real. All of a sudden, anyone claiming to have seen an angel or a demon, or claiming to have spoken to God, becomes someone worth listening to, hell, maybe even someone God wants you to listen to. So you end up listening to alot of kooks. No way around it.

Anyone in the pew is good enough for the church, these days.

Unless of course, you're not a white, straight, homophobic, middle/upper class, neo-con Republican. :rolleyes:

Now now, there plenty of churches where black is the only welcome color.

Now now, there plenty of churches where black is the only welcome color.

Okay, but I haven't been to any of them. I grew up in an extremely conservative, 99% whites-only suburban Lutheran church. The racism wasn't overt, but you could tell it was there by the way they treated people who were different from them (and the fact that few non-Caucasians went there).

Let's all just admit that Yahweh is the father of racism. I mean, where did this idea of a "chosen people" originate, if not with the hebrew diety? Scriptures in the NT that equivocate and claim that now there is neither "jew nor greek" are simply revisionist hogwash. The truth is that the OT israelites represent one of the largest, and most certainly the earliest, ethnic cleansing campaigns ever recorded. In addition to that, slavery was justified by the bible for centuries. The christian God is a racist, and at the very least a separtist. The racal division of churches was one of the most glaringly obvious signs that their idiology was of human origin, even when I was a child.

And, not to change the subject, but the comments of at least one christian in this thread might be nice. In reading this forum, I am wondering if there truly are any christians who post here, and not just pretenders and charlatans.

That's all a bunch of crap.

I would just ask them if they were apart of a coven, surely they could quote the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth. If they were hardcore satanists, they should know what seems to be roughly the equivelant of the ten commandmants of Satanism.

If they didn't know them, then that's all she wrote.

If they reply they do, then I'd ask them what the 9th or 11th Satanic Rules are, and if they answered correctly (Do not harm little Children), then I would tell them that they weren't "True Satanists" and to stop giving Satanists a bad name.

I'm curious as to what the christians around here think happens to the "soul" of an aborted child. The only way their staunch disapproval of abortion makes sense is if they believe that God sends the child's soul to hell. If they believe they are trying to save those little souls from an instant undeserved condemnation, then at least their motivation makes sense. But what would that say about God if that were true?
Grown up as a Calvinist (Reformed Church) I have to say that that belief states that childs were born in sin. Hereditary sin, Adam eating the forbidden fruit, damning the whole human race, etcetera. Going to heaven is only by grace of god and everybody deserves hell. I think Evangelical Churches have a lot of traditional values still in common with these churches, while adapting the doctrines they didn't like.

Grown up as a Calvinist (Reformed Church) I have to say that that belief states that childs were born in sin.

So did the Mo. Synod Lutheran church. That's why infant baptism was required. Rather silly to assume that a child who can't even say "mama" and "dada" could make any decisions for himself or herself regarding good and evil, don't you think?

So did the Mo. Synod Lutheran church.  That's why infant baptism was required.  Rather silly to assume that a child who can't even say "mama" and "dada" could make any decisions for himself or herself regarding good and evil, don't you think?

105794[/snapback]

Don't confuse my current beliefs with my former ones. However, you've some misconceptions about Calvinism. They don't say that a child can decide for him/herself about what is good and what is evil. Someone needs God's grace to do help him/her with that. And that is also true for a kid. You're a bloody Arminian! A Calvinist beliefs that if a person is given a choice he/she will always do evil because of his/her depraved nature. Someone does have a choice, but its bounded by sin. According to Calvin free will denies free grace. Someone is obliged to do good, but at the end God is saving someone and he/she does nothing! From Calvin's institution (source):
[Emphasis mine] Now when I assert that the will, being deprived of its liberty, is necessarily drawn or led into evil, I should wonder if anyone considered it as a harsh expression, since it has nothing in it absurd, nor is it unsanctioned by the custom of good men. It offends those who know not how to distinguish between necessity and compulsion. But if anyone should ask them whether God is not necessarily good, and whether the devil is not necessarily evil, what answer will they make? For there is such a close connection between the goodness of God and His divinity that His deity is not more necessary than His goodness. But the devil is by his fall so alienated from communion with all that is good that he can do nothing but what is evil. But if anyone should sacrilegiously object that little praise is due to God for His goodness, which He is constrained to preserve, shall we not readily reply that His inability to do evil arises from His infinite goodness and not from the impulse of violence? Therefore if a necessity of doing well impairs not the liberty of the divine will in doing well if the devil, who cannot but do evil, nevertheless sins voluntarily; who then will assert that man sins less voluntarily, because he is under a necessity of sinning?

This necessity Augustine everywhere maintains, and even when he was pressed . . . he confidently expressed himself in these terms: "By means of liberty it came to pass that man fell into sin; but now the penal depravity consequent on it, instead of liberty, has introduced necessity." And whenever the mention of this subject occurs, he hesitates not to speak in this manner of the necessary servitude of sin. We must therefore observe this grand point of distinction, that man, having been corrupted by his fall, sins voluntarily, not with reluctance or constraint; with the strongest propensity of disposition, not with violent coercion; with the bias of his own passions, and not with external compulsion: yet such is the pravity of his nature that he cannot be excited and biased to anything but what is evil....

And don't care to argue with (certain) Calvinists. :wicked: I had Jehovah Witnesses at the gate of my parents house and told them that they were as Reformed as they were tall. They still entered, but didn't talk much about their religion. Even their biblical and theological knowledge etcetera is quickly outperformed by people that grew up with the Insitution and the Heidelberger Catechism. :thanks:

I had Jehovah Witnesses at the gate of my parents house...

106690[/snapback]

An acquaintance of mine was cutting away the biggest branches of a tall tree in his garden when a group of Jehova witnesses rang the bell.

He was alone in the house, so he went to the gate

...chainsaw still in hands...

They hurriedly ran away. Never returned to visit.

I wonder why...

JPD,

Hi. Don't get too frustrated here because the 'Christians' don't respond.

I felt/feel the same way sometimes, but you have to understand that all of the Christians are really off in their closets praying for us, or they've tried to tell us The Truth and now they are shaking the dust off their feet (and choking on their cliches), or they are busy in other mission fields, or they are paying attention to Paul and avoiding endless questions, or maybe they don't understand that the Jesus they claim to serve and follow actually had the nads to stand up to his detractors with an answer (according to their own Gospels), and now they are his reps here among us sinners and reprobates, yet they won't come here and answer your post, or maybe yada yada yada...

All in all though, great original post.

:grin: