Goodbye Jesus

So My Mother Sent Me A Chronological History Bible... Lol

Kaiser01

so i got a new bible today GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif .

its actualy pretty interesting as it is called a "chronological study bible" witch is full of history about difrent civilzations and their cultures at the time.

however if your like me you will be highly skeptcal of any historical document writen by a christian but i will see how they try to justify certian aspects like 1: samual 15:3 witch is my favorte verse zDuivel7.gif (not really).

what i really want to get at here on the history topic is has it really occured to any one how short of a time span it would have been for history to develop the way it did after their noahs ark. i mean think about it, they place the ark shit at about 2000 B.C.. this would only give 8 people about 200 years to completly develop mass civilizations and spread around the world and develop mass civilizations. 100 years after that for the isrealites to show up with abraham. like a week for them to make civilization, fall into drought and move to egyptGONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif . then if their in egypt for 400 years and this puts us at about 1300 BC, the suposed exodus (some even think 1500).

i mean jees thats a lot of history to cram into that short of a period. now if you look at factual observation it took humanity a few hundred thousand years to gain a large enough population in order to develop large civilizations and begin to stretch the capcivity of their enviorments (farming). even in the early areas of development in astronesia it took 30,000 years roughly to create what we would call social structure and farming yet some how 8 people who just entered in a completly shambled world can do it in a day?

gawwds so smart.....jesus.gif

Sounds like a nifty book. I did it all the hard way and made these comparisons myself. Took ages.

Even though the time line sounds a bit off it seems to forget about all those pesky buildings that were just sitting around. The pyramids and tombs and the like. It sounds easy to hand wave them away but they have actual names of people involved and they all managed to avoid getting utterly screwed over in this massive flood remaining fairly pristine or they were built afterward but included all this pre-flood info, or they were build after but everyone had poor memories and went ahead and included all these other gods in place of this one true god that just reminding the last people on Earth of its power.

It also tends to ignore all these same problems world wide. China. The Americas. All the cities just didn't get stuck in the muck with new ones built over them (as was usual in massive destruction if rebuilding happened at all) but the same old buildings in the same old spots were ready to go. Everyone knew where everything was having never been to those places ever in their lives. Strange flood that Noah's flood was.

mwc

Funny! What kills me, is that my husband is a HISTORY major. AND a Christian. Wendyshrug.gif

Strange flood that Noah's flood was.

It was a selective flood. It decided to only flood the whole world in a small spot of the world. It's like the chihuahua barking up the big dogs, calling itself a doberman.

Funny! What kills me, is that my husband is a HISTORY major. AND a Christian. Wendyshrug.gif

even as a christian i considered myself a historian but i never tried or had the desire to make the conections, i simply assumed. present it to your husband and he may be forced to connect the dots.