Goodbye Jesus

Another Great Email From My Dad

cobrakai

So this was in my email tonight. Apparently this is my dad's response to a recent visit from Richard Dawkins at a local university here in Oakland County, MI. Feel free to have at it. It made my head hurt.

Richard Dawkins claims that those who believe in GOD and not evolution are stupid, ignorant and wicked. Richard Dawkins is a scientist and yet he uses emotions and kindergarten like name calling to make his point. This means his scientific arguments are weak. Also, to make the emphatic emotional argument that people who believe in God are the things he ascribed, Richard Dawkins would have to be omniscient - knowing all things. Richard Dawkins does not know all things.

“Evolution” is still an unproven theory. There is no overwhelming fossil evidence anywhere that supports transitional species. There is evidence of mutations within aspecies, but most Christians believe that scientific principle.

I have read Richard Dawkins materials. He takes exception with the argument of “intelligent design”, but forgets that this is a phrase which is coined byother atheist or agnostic scientists within the scientific community who have studied quantum physics and molecular biology who state emphatically that their research does not support the evolution model, but rather, an intelligent design model.

Over the years Richard Dawkins has sunk to using emotional arguments, which are not scientific, to make his point. With all due respect, people who think like Dawkins believe that you can take 5 million tons of scrap metal, feed it into a powerful shredder and out the end of that shredder, quite by accident, the USS Ronald Reagan can be built, with all its working and operational components including the fighter squadrons and munitions used. I do not possess that kind of faith to believe that the complexities of earth, the universe and all llife on earth are an accident.

Yes, as a Christian I believe that God created the earth,the universe and everything in it; and God’s word states that he created man inhis image. God is a creator. So is man in a limited way. Everything we utilize in this life is designed and created for our use as is the earth and life on this planet. The rules ofphilosophy and science apply to Dawkins as much as everyone else. So, Mr. Dawkins, scientifically prove that God does not exist.

While Richard Dawkins tries to do that I will take comfort in God’s word for mankind had been given an opportunity to know God AND COME TO SALVATION THROUGH Jesus Christ:

• Like 1

The usual IDiotic strawman arguments.

Your dad is right.

For instance it is much easier to imagine that someone that had never seen or heard of any sort of boat before magically pooped one out, especially complex like the USS Ronald Reagan, in perfect operating condition on their very first try.

mwc

I have read Richard Dawkins materials. He takes exception with the argument of “intelligent design”, but forgets that this is a phrase which is coined byother atheist or agnostic scientists within the scientific community who have studied quantum physics and molecular biology who state emphatically that their research does not support the evolution model, but rather, an intelligent design model.

And where is he getting this from? As far as I've understood it was coined by American creationists and their lawyers and wasn't in published form until a creationist textbook was doctored up (poorly) to make Of Pandas and People.

• Super Moderator
So, Mr. Dawkins, scientifically prove that God does not exist.

Those with a god belief and no evidence always fall back to this idiotic position. I'm too old and cranky to even deal with these people anymore, it's just too frustrating talking to a box of rocks.

• Like 2

So this was in my email tonight. While Richard Dawkins tries to do that, I will take comfort in God’s word for mankind had been given an opportunity to know God AND COME TO SALVATION THROUGH Jesus Christ:

cobra,this is what I did for years..........buried my head in the sand and my heart and beliefs in the 'book'. No sense tryin' until he starts questioning.....

• Super Moderator

On reflection, "Pull My Thumb" might just be the appropriate response here.

With all due respect, people who think like Dawkins believe that you can take 5 million tons of scrap metal, feed it into a powerful shredder and out the end of that shredder, quite by accident, the USS Ronald Reagan can be built, with all its working and operational components including the fighter squadrons and munitions used. I do not possess that kind of faith to believe that the complexities of earth, the universe and all llife on earth are an accident.

I believe some of what Dawkins says, though his book The God Delusion bored me after about 150 pages. But i don't really buy the scrap metal USS Ron Reagan thing. I am pretty sure the first boat wasn't an aircraft carrier but maybe a hollowed out log or some logs strapped together by vines. Who knows? But as time went on and technology grew, more complicated boats appeared. Duhh. I've heard this story before only I think it was a bus instead of an aircraft carrier. You might mention to Dad that Reagan was a lousy president who had alzheimers and also used astrologers.

• Like 1

This is my life. Only it isn't my Dad- it is my husband. Every day. It is AT LEAST unspoken- Jesus is the zombie elephant in the room. An No amount of argument can solve it. He just needed to unload. I would ignore it unless he was being abusive towards you.

Logic is not invited into these conversations, unfortunately.