Goodbye Jesus

World's Most Relaxing Music Composed

Noggy

"World's Most Relaxing Music" Composed

Musical group, Marconi Union, and Lyz Cooper, the UK's leading therapeutic sound practitioner have released what they claim is the world's most relaxing music. They contend that the calming effects of "Weightless" are not subjective but are based on scientific evidence. The music was found to cause brainwaves and heart rate to synchronize with the rhythm, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol. In fact, Scientists played the song to 40 women and found it to be 11% more effective at helping them relax than songs by Enya, Mozart and Coldplay. The eight-minute track is so effective at inducing sleep, motorists have now been warned they should not listen to it while driving.

http://soundcloud.com/justmusiclabel/marconi-union-weightless/s-kttxT

Weird. I got half way through and had to shut it off. It was stressing me out!

I loved it Noggy,Thanks! I saved it to my favorites!

Noggy, Sorry, but that doesn't do anything for me. It sounds too much like machinery running. Here's a song that never fails to lift me up - in fact, I want it played at my funeral.

I'm not sure how well something like this would work for meditation. I have one drink of alcohol in me tonight, and there is no way I can see how that works with any in me. It is really freaky trying to meditate with any alcohol in you. You simply can't do it. It may be conducive to it, but I can't tell. I'll let you know tomorrow morning.

What I use to aide in meditation is Tibetan Singing Bowls. I have 7 of them, but even one or two is extremely useful to relax the mind in order to move into meditation. The key to it is to understand it doesn't do it for you, it doesn't move you there, but helps to open you for you to go there. This, I do know from experience is very conducive to deep meditation:

"World's Most Relaxing Music" Composed

? Its just a sustained chord with some occasional drums and bells.

I suppose if I had a "real" stereo system and was making an actual effort to relax, it might facilitate things somewhat. Hard for me to tell right now as I'm sleep deprived in any case.

I don't know what it is but I can never get that link in the OP to play. So I ventured off to You Tube and there I found it, with pictures too! wink.png

It doesn't really do anything for me. Sounds in a loop like that tire my attention span rather quickly, so I wouldn't concur with Marconi that theirs is the worlds most relaxing music.

I do like the Armstrong video and the singing bowls, though with a headache it's prolonged tones can get on my last nerve. eek.gif

I found this by Marconi as yet another installment of their work. Sounds like the perfect sci-fi movie sound track.

http://youtu.be/kBHuQCUnWWE

Sounds like something from Silent Hill.