Goodbye Jesus

The Cross And The Resurrection

believer

• Super Moderator
All you people ever do is insult us without any qualm of conscience...

It's OUR playground, asshole.

You could look up some older threads and see that real dialog and discussion has been possible with some visiting Christians. Smarmy. judgmental, hurtful little know-it-all pukes are not well tolerated. This is the Lion's Den, and you are dinner. Get used to it or get out.

• Like 5

'Nor do I have proof that leprechauns, fairies and ogres don't exist. It is up to you to prove your fantastic assertions are true, not the other way around. "

I did prove it, but you don't believe the proof! Jesus died and rose again. Of all the apostles, only one didn't die a martyr's death (and he was immersed in boiling oil but miraculously survived), and all could have avoided those deaths if they simply would have said that they didn't believe in the resurrection of Christ. They all testified of the truth of the resurrection by dying for their belief in it. Tell me, would you die for something you knew was a lie? Would you die for something that you even thought might not be true?

No, the apostles knew the resurrection was fact, they all saw the resurrected Jesus with their own eyes.

Any christian scholar with ethics and scholarly credibility will tell you that these stories about the apostles are just traditions - unverified and unverifiable stories passed on from generation to generation. There is no credibility to these stories. They are useless for the purposes of persuading reasonable people that what you are saying is true.

You're merely passing on what you read in some christian publication without asking, "Is this really true? What evidence do we have that this story is true?" If you haven't looked for the evidence, you are either lazy or lack the resources to find out. Either way, you have no real reason to be calling what you have been doing "proof" or "reason."

Not really. I just know that if she was really a true Christian and de-converted she can never return to faith in the Lord apart from a true miracle where God does the impossible.

There you go again confusing your personal beliefs for knowledge. You do not know any such thing because a falsehood cannot be knowledge. You are using the No True Scotsman fallacy so that Christianity can save face. In reality it is not uncommon for people fall away from Christianity and then rededicate themselves to Christianity. Lots of people have had that pattern at least once in their history, including myself. Your beliefs are wrong because the Bible is wrong too.

And no one ever "realizes" Christianity is false: they just stop believing, maybe because they think they realized something.

You deny reality. Instead of listening to what all these people have told you protect your ego from the truth. Lots of people know Christianity is false. The regulars here can tell you in fifty different ways.

In the Bible, there are verses all over that say that people can fall away from the faith or otherwise stop believing. This in no way takes from the veracity of the Bible.

The Bible contradicts itself. The humans who wrote it did not agree with each other. The same can be said of the men who re-wrote the Bible. And also the men who re-wrote it again. That they got a few things right doesn't make the Bible the word of God.

On that other mater I have not insulted you. I have only taken issue with your habit of presenting your personal beliefs as knowledge when you can't back it up with objective evidence. I really don't care what religion you have. Nor do I mind you posting because it reminds me of why I de-converted and why I don't want to have such conversations with my real life family members. You do me a great service. I thank you sir.

Let God be true but every man a liar.

You really don't understand what any of us is saying, do you? We have not rejected Jesus. One can only reject that which is real. We discovered that Christianity does not represent reality. The god of the bible (and his Jesus and Holy Spirit) do not exist, there is no original sin from which we must be set free, there is no heaven nor hell, no satan nor demons, no angels, no miracles, no virgin birth, and no resurrection. So we didn't reject anything.

Tell it to Christ on the day of judgment. But by then it will be too late for you.

btw, God predicates salvation on believing. You not believing doesn't make hell not a real place, but it will put you there in the end. I can picture you standing in a pit with worms crawling through your skin and fire consuming you, saying, "This isn't real! This isn't real!" Your assertion that hell isn't real won't make it any less real.

And yes, you did reject something. You rejected reality. The reality of the Cross and the Resurrection. Because you deny its reality does not make it any less real, in history, or in the hearts of believers everywhere, or in simple fact.

And I'll bet you enjoy that picture in your mind of me standing in hell.

I'll tell you what I'd enjoy and that is that the enslavement of so many people to cruel and false notions of hell would leave them so they could enjoy their lives without the terrible fear of something that is all a lie making their one and only life worse than it has to be.

• Like 3

There is still hope for you if you will understand that you were never a Christian...

On behalf of Margee just let me say, Fuck You.

You have no idea what many of us believed or did as Christians. For you to negate what someone else experienced, felt, prayed for, suffered for, and agonized over is the height of arrogance, stupidity and cruelty.

Thank you florduh. I can't say that word cause I'm an angel.......rolleyes.gif

• Like 3

Margee, if I were you I would fear making fun of Jesus' blood.

Hebrews 10:29, "Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite to the Spirit of grace?"

There is still hope for you if you will understand that you were never a Christian, you never came to a full understanding of the goodness of God in your life, you never tasted and saw that the Lord is good. If you had, you would have known it to this day.

moon.gif

• Like 3

You really don't understand what any of us is saying, do you? We have not rejected Jesus. One can only reject that which is real. We discovered that Christianity does not represent reality. The god of the bible (and his Jesus and Holy Spirit) do not exist, there is no original sin from which we must be set free, there is no heaven nor hell, no satan nor demons, no angels, no miracles, no virgin birth, and no resurrection. So we didn't reject anything.

Tell it to Christ on the day of judgment. But by then it will be too late for you.

btw, God predicates salvation on believing. You not believing doesn't make hell not a real place, but it will put you there in the end. I can picture you standing in a pit with worms crawling through your skin and fire consuming you, saying, "This isn't real! This isn't real!" Your assertion that hell isn't real won't make it any less real.

Is this your way of leading the lost sheep back? Jesus would be soooooo disapointed with you.

I'm phonin' him and tellin' on you!!' woohoo.gif

jesus+phone.png

• Like 3

Not really. I just know that if she was really a true Christian and de-converted she can never return to faith in the Lord apart from a true miracle where God does the impossible.

Do you honestly listen to what you say.

You just prove by your logic that god is not omnipotent. If god is omnipotent, then it would be no problem for him to accept Margee back should she choose to return. He could create that miracle and just go with because he is all powerful so nothing is impossible for him.

Secondly, this also implies that god isn't omnibenevolent. Because if he was omnipotent and choose not to perform the "miracle" to accept her back, then his is at best fickle and worst malevolent.

So congratulations you have just disproved your notion of god. All because you cannot accept that someone would willingly leave Christianity.

EIDT: BTW, Margee is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is very loving and kind. Just know that by wishing the image of her is hell as you have is a very quick way to earn the wrath of everyone on this site.

• Like 4

EIDT: BTW, Margee is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is very loving and kind. Just know that by wishing the image of her is hell as you have is a very quick way to earn the wrath of everyone on this site.

Thank you my dear friend for the wonderful compliment!!

psssssssssst, stryper (whispering).............. I think the same thing about you!!! biggrin.png

Yeah, no shit! Fuck with Margee, and we're gonna beat your ass!!! (Metaphorically speaking, of course!)

• Like 2

Yeah, no shit! Fuck with Margee, and we're gonna beat your ass!!! (Metaphorically speaking, of course!)

psssssssssst........Love you too Monk! thanks my friend!!

People like you make me sick.

And yes, you did reject something. You rejected reality. The reality of the Cross and the Resurrection. Because you deny its reality does not make it any less real, in history, or in the hearts of believers everywhere, or in simple fact.

You're the one rejecting reality by living in a fantasy. And from what you wrote above, you obviously enjoy to think about people being harmed, i.e. a sadist.

psssssssssst........Love you too Monk! thanks my friend!!

:) *hugs*

• Like 1

Margee, if I were you I would fear making fun of Jesus' blood.

Fuck Jesus and his blood. There your have it. I'm most definitely will go to Hell! :HaHa:

Hebrews 10:29, "Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite to the Spirit of grace?"

And how about false teachers? Are you teaching the correct gospel or are you leading people away from the true gospel? It would be better that a stone was ...

There is still hope for you if you will understand that you were never a Christian, you never came to a full understanding of the goodness of God in your life, you never tasted and saw that the Lord is good. If you had, you would have known it to this day.

Then you don't know what a True Christian™ really is.

If a man rising from the dead doesn't prove the reality of God, I don't know what does. Not to mention the fact that during his ministry Jesus claimed to be God, the great I AM of Exodus 3:15 (John 8:58-59).

Not to mention what scientists have found in the simple cell, that it is more complex than a space shuttle in its make-up. That's the building blocks of life. How did it evolve?

I don't see the logic in any view except intelligent design.

Jesus' life, death, and resurrection changed the course of history.

If somebody like the Dalai Lama can be open to the idea of Jesus rising from the dead and still be an atheist, what makes you think that the resurrection has anything to do with the doctrines of Christianity being true? Jesus could have appeared to his discpiles after death, but that doesn't mean every Christian truth claim is accurate. Rather than seeing Jesus as a liar in that case, maybe he was talking about his experiences in a Jewish context (without necessarily making Judaism true for that matter). There are a million alternatives to "Christians right, everybody else wrong".

You're the one rejecting reality by living in a fantasy. And from what you wrote above, you obviously enjoy to think about people being harmed, i.e. a sadist.

You know what. If there where a loving god, and he was so damned concerned about us knowing who he is, what he expects of us, etc., we wouldn't have to jump through philosophical hoops to know of his existence. He'd leave NO DOUBT. And yes, a common response to that might be that doing that violates free will. That is, of course, silly. Unequivocal proof would only facilitate free will. It would allow us to make informed decisions about whether or not to follow god. And believing-by-faith-is-a-virtue idea is utter bullshit. The salvation of those who require unequivocal proof is so much more important than god getting his rocks off over blind faith. The very fact that believers who come to this site have to resort to things like the Kalaam Cosmological Argument is proof that if there is a god, he more closely resembles the deist concept of god than anything.

• Like 3

If a man rising from the dead doesn't prove the reality of God, I don't know what does. Not to mention the fact that during his ministry Jesus claimed to be God, the great I AM of Exodus 3:15 (John 8:58-59).

Not to mention what scientists have found in the simple cell, that it is more complex than a space shuttle in its make-up. That's the building blocks of life. How did it evolve?

I don't see the logic in any view except intelligent design.

Jesus' life, death, and resurrection changed the course of history.

If somebody like the Dalai Lama can be open to the idea of Jesus rising from the dead and still be an atheist, what makes you think that the resurrection has anything to do with the doctrines of Christianity being true? Jesus could have appeared to his discpiles after death, but that doesn't mean every Christian truth claim is accurate. Rather than seeing Jesus as a liar in that case, maybe he was talking about his experiences in a Jewish context (without necessarily making Judaism true for that matter). There are a million alternatives to "Christians right, everybody else wrong".

You think so, huh? I guess you must not have seen that one episode of South Park (or was it the movie). ;)

You know what. If there where a loving god, and he was so damned concerned about us knowing who he is, what he expects of us, etc., we wouldn't have to jump through philosophical hoops to know of his existence. He'd leave NO DOUBT. And yes, a common response to that might be that doing that violates free will. That is, of course, silly. Unequivocal proof would only facilitate free will. It would allow us to make informed decisions about whether or not to follow god. And believing-by-faith-is-a-virtue idea is utter bullshit. The salvation of those who require unequivocal proof is so much more important than god getting his rocks off over blind faith. The very fact that believers who come to this site have to resort to things like the Kalaam Cosmological Argument is proof that if there is a god, he more closely resembles the deist concept of god than anything.

Exactly. I've made that point for years, but for deaf ears. I want to see God do things, not hear a pile of words. Words are just that, words. Real miracles and personal experience is what I need. And I'm still waiting for anything... Anything. But so far, nothing. God is dead. Well, he was never alive to begin with.

Exactly. I've made that point for years, but for deaf ears. I want to see God do things, not hear a pile of words. Words are just that, words. Real miracles and personal experience is what I need. And I'm still waiting for anything... Anything. But so far, nothing. God is dead. Well, he was never alive to begin with.

Exactly! And if god exists and wants me to know, I'm more than happy for him/her/it/them/whatever to show me.

I feel the exact same way guys. I ALWAYS wanted to believe in god.....Always. A heavenly father to watch over me.....

All I ever asked for was a bit of proof. Isn't there a scripture about sending out 'fleese's' in the old testament? I remember us doing this years ago for god to give us a sign - doesn't he say we are allowed to send out a fleese and ask for proof?

Matthew 16:1-4, "THE PHARISEES also with the Saducees came, and tempting desired that he would show them a sign from heaven. He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, it will be fair weather, for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for th sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah."

Luke 16:27-31, "Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that h may testify unto them, lest they also come to this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses an the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither wil they be perusaded, though one rose from the dead."

Biblically, the sign of the prophet Jonah is the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Of course you have the right to reject that evidence using whatever (faulty) logic you may decide to come up with. But it doesn't make it any less evidence.

And btw, if you were to believe based on the fact of the resurrection, you would find that other evidences also appeared to you. I know you don't believe me, simply because you don't want to (to believe would make you acountable to a holy God), but I have seen miracles that were indisputable.

But if you were to see the same miracles, you would discount them as being the work of something other than the God of the Bible. Why should God bother with you then? You want a sign, but the signs that He has given you you have rejected. He knows that you would reject other signs as well. He is not going to cater to you in your unbelief by giving you all kinds of signs that you will also reject.

. . .

Biblically, the sign of the prophet Jonah is the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Of course you have the right to reject that evidence using whatever (faulty) logic you may decide to come up with. But it doesn't make it any less evidence.

And btw, if you were to believe based on the fact of the resurrection, you would find that other evidences also appeared to you. I know you don't believe me, simply because you don't want to (to believe would make you acountable to a holy God), but I have seen miracles that were indisputable.

But if you were to see the same miracles, you would discount them as being the work of something other than the God of the Bible. Why should God bother with you then? You want a sign, but the signs that He has given you you have rejected. He knows that you would reject other signs as well. He is not going to cater to you in your unbelief by giving you all kinds of signs that you will also reject.

You can't support anything you're saying. You just keep repeating unsupported assertions that you heard from others.

Quit being lazy and bring some supported facts to the table that aren't just the repeating of tales told at bedtime. You do know what facts and evidence are, don't you?

And then here you go speaking as if you know how god thinks - you must have a tiny god to be able to speak for him.

. . .

You can't support anything you're saying. You just keep repeating unsupported assertions that you heard from others.

Quit being lazy and bring some supported facts to the table that aren't just the repeating of tales told at bedtime. You do know what facts and evidence are, don't you?

And then here you go speaking as if you know how god thinks - you must have a tiny god to be able to speak for him.

Exactly oddbird!

You know, believer, you just sit there and read your 'holy book'. You cherry pick what you want to see. The Bible was written by men and translated many times over many years and changed to fit the clergy's or Pope's thinking. Having said that, man is fallible and mistakes WERE made in the writings and translations. It's like you think the whole bible just appeared one day out of the blue......

I am not against your right to be Christian, I am against blind faith and not questioning. Without questions, there are no answers, without answers, there is no knowledge, without knowledge, we are all stagnant. Even as an 'untrue' christian for 35 years (as you state I was) I had a lot of questions for the pastors and they could never answer them. They too went on 'blind faith'..

Matthew 16:1-4, "THE PHARISEES also with the Saducees came, and tempting desired that he would show them a sign from heaven. He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, it will be fair weather, for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for th sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah."

Luke 16:27-31, "Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that h may testify unto them, lest they also come to this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses an the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither wil they be perusaded, though one rose from the dead."

Dude, you know bible verses prove nothing to us, right? Moses and any supposed prophets are long since dead. There's no reason for us to believe these writings have any more divine inspiration than the Koran or Harry Potter. And any all-mighty god would be able to unequivocally prove his existence to each of us.

I know you don't believe me, simply because you don't want to (to believe would make you acountable to a holy God), but I have seen miracles that were indisputable.

That, dude, is UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! You have no fucking clue how hard I and many others BEGGED god to prove himself. You have NO FUCKING CLUE how much I wanted god to be real. I have NO FUCKING CLUE how much I didn't want my best imaginary friend to be imaginary.

And btw, if you were to believe based on the fact of the resurrection, you would find that other evidences also appeared to you. ....

You have no clue what I'd do if I saw any miracles.

Your assumptions have made an ass out of you! Or perhaps you make such assumptions because your an ass. Being a skeptic, I can't be quite sure of the causal relationship there.