Goodbye Jesus

One Thing That Really Bothered Me

rocklobster

during the times i went to church and fellowshipped. it always bothered me how much people would

twist verses out of the bible into something thats not even biblical whatsoever. someone on a recent topic here

reminded me.

"Jesus was God, so the payment was infinite. In that 36 hours the infinite nature of God experienced the equivalent of an eternity in hell multiplied by every person that will ever receive Him. God raised Him from the dead because everything was paid in full: Jesus didn't need to be dead anymore for the redemption of His chosen to take place."

first thing i can think of was, "well, thats not biblical"

• Like 1

during the times i went to church and fellowshipped. it always bothered me how much people would

twist verses out of the bible into something thats not even biblical whatsoever. someone on a recent topic here

reminded me.

"Jesus was God, so the payment was infinite. In that 36 hours the infinite nature of God experienced the equivalent of an eternity in hell multiplied by every person that will ever receive Him. God raised Him from the dead because everything was paid in full: Jesus didn't need to be dead anymore for the redemption of His chosen to take place."

first thing i can think of was, "well, thats not biblical"

That's the great the about the bible for a Christian, it can mean whatever you want it to mean (queue the eye roll).