Goodbye Jesus

So, I Inadvertently Flipped Off My Boss's Dad (who Is Also A Preacher)

decafaholic

Here's the story:

Last night after work, our boss invited us over to her house for a going-away party for one of our staff. A bunch of my co-workers came and my boss's parents were also there.

One of my co-workers is a guy named Lindsay. There was a conflict about what we were going to watch on TV and I playully flipped him off because he got his way and someone put the football game on. I wasn't angry, I was just messing with him because I feel really comfortable around Lindsay.

Well, my boss's dad happened to be standing next to him with his back turned when I flipped Lindsay off, and he turned around at just the wrong time. He looked disgusted and said "That is so rude" several times. I quickly explained that I wasn't flipping him off, that it was meant for Lindsay, but he still seemed pretty disgusted.

Later on, I relayed the story to my boss's daughter and she looked horrified and then started laughing, telling me he's a preacher.

Well, fuck me!

Later on, he seemed to have gotten over it, as he was really nice to me. I go back and forth between laughing about it and obsessively worrying that something bad will come of this. Right now, I'm obsessively worrying and I cant go back to sleep.

I have a tendency to do this, overthinking stuff and driving myself crazy and I think writing about it here will help me put it aside and just see it as an unfortunate but funny faux pas.

So, if you guys could reassure me that it's not the end of the world and help me put it in perspective, I think I can quit worrying about it.

So many unbalanced psychos out on the roads nowadays, I really try to never use my horn or middle finger. They might have a gun or a machete or something.

• Like 1

You said, "Later on, he seemed to have gotten over it, as he was really nice to me," and since he didn't pull out any guns or machetes, you're probably safe for now.

In the future, resist the urge to give anyone the one-finger salute; it is rather childish, after all, and you're too mature for that.

A trillion more mistakes you will make in your life, hon! Just try to learn from each one and go on your merry way....(Coming from an ole lady!) and try to have fun along the way.....................

• Like 2

A trillion more mistakes you will make in your life, hon! Just try to learn from each one and go on your merry way....(Coming from an ole lady!) and try to have fun along the way.....................

Thanks!

• Super Moderator

I wish I could ease your mind, but you have committed an unpardonable sin. You will burn in Hell for eternity.

Just kidding.

• Like 1

He's a minister?

Well then, he should know his faith a wee bit better and thus he wouldn't have taken offense at all. ;)

Source:Hands in Scripture - Hands of the Christian

The fingers of the Christian represent the Hope of executing the unique Spiritual Life of all history and receiving blessings in time. The tip of the middle finger corresponds to the Holy of Holies, which represents Heaven. The tip of the middle finger of the Christian represents the Hope of having Eternal Life in a Resurrection Body and receiving rewards in Eternity

Here's the story:

Last night after work, our boss invited us over to her house for a going-away party for one of our staff. A bunch of my co-workers came and my boss's parents were also there.

One of my co-workers is a guy named Lindsay. There was a conflict about what we were going to watch on TV and I playully flipped him off because he got his way and someone put the football game on. I wasn't angry, I was just messing with him because I feel really comfortable around Lindsay.

Well, my boss's dad happened to be standing next to him with his back turned when I flipped Lindsay off, and he turned around at just the wrong time. He looked disgusted and said "That is so rude" several times. I quickly explained that I wasn't flipping him off, that it was meant for Lindsay, but he still seemed pretty disgusted.

Later on, I relayed the story to my boss's daughter and she looked horrified and then started laughing, telling me he's a preacher.

Well, fuck me!

Later on, he seemed to have gotten over it, as he was really nice to me. I go back and forth between laughing about it and obsessively worrying that something bad will come of this. Right now, I'm obsessively worrying and I cant go back to sleep.

I have a tendency to do this, overthinking stuff and driving myself crazy and I think writing about it here will help me put it aside and just see it as an unfortunate but funny faux pas.

So, if you guys could reassure me that it's not the end of the world and help me put it in perspective, I think I can quit worrying about it.

Straight to hell for you...j/k ...Don't sweat it. Maybe he needs to put on his Armor of God, so he won't be such a wuss. See Ephesians 6:10-18. My friend and I used to flip off each other as a greeting at work. lol.

• Like 1

LOL

He's just a guy.

He is not your boss. And though he might like you to think it, he is not better than you.

And I don't think flipping off your friend is immature. It was playful. Like when I ask my sister "Why are you SUCH a BITCH, JACKAY?" (and her name isn't Jacky, so that's why it's funny....but maybe you had to be there)

Don't sweat it.