Goodbye Jesus

Brought None

Sinus Infections suck worse than a rusty Electrolux vacuum cleaner.

Yesterday I caught the office bug from a fellow worker who brought it in like a pet to pass around. Was at work for half of today then finally had to go home cause I was getting worse with each passing minute. Went to the doc and got some meds, inhaler, a shot in the ass, and a groin stomp to the wallet at the pharmacy. This sinus infection has triggered my asthma. What a wonderful combination. To be on the couch making sickly Darth Vader noises. One moment your hot as hell, next your cold... then just when you curl up to get warm your both hot and cold at the same time. Get up and your dizzy, lay down you ache.

Oy last night was horrible. What worth of rest I did get I dreamed Nazis invaded my apartment. Why? Cause the fever mocks me I guess. Wendyshrug.gif

Well, here's hoping for a fast recovery and a good nights sleep with a new humidifier.

Blah... gotta go blow my sandpaper nose again and self medicate. I smell thick of Vick's vapor rub.

Ugh had to rant.

Take chicken soup, AKA Jewish penicillin.

• Super Moderator
Yesterday I caught the office bug from a fellow worker who brought it in like a pet to pass around.

Don't you just love those co-workers who come to work sick, pass their germs around to everyone else, then brag how they never miss a day of work. On the other hand, there are those who get no sick pay and need every dollar they can make. For them, I really feel bad. For the first group -- I wish we could make them pay our doctors' bills!

Hope you feel better soon!

I've got one of those coworkers who's always coming in sick. He gets a month of vacation a year but says he doesn't want to waste days for a sick day. The last time he pulled that shit and said that I took him to task and told him he shouldn't be there.

Oh man, I know that feeling...I had a really nasty sinus infection at the beginning of this year that just wouldn't seem to go away and took months to get rid of.

Hope you get some rest and feel better ASAP BN!

Well, woke up this morning feeling great. Felt good enough I even went to work. Should of milked a sick day, oh well.

Believe the fever was broken around 2am. Still taking my medication. Know I'm not out of the woods yet till the doc sees me next week. Last time I caught this it had me for a full three weeks. Most miserable winter ever. lol

The worker who brought the bug is at home sick, and worse by what I hear. Guess I caught a sliver of it and reacted in time that the virus didn't' get a chance to settle.

So today after work goal is to clean and disinfect entire apartment.

I'm one of the guilty ones. I have to be at death's door not to go in because the school system makes it so damn hard to be out. You have to line up your own sub, write out three complicated lesson plans that you could do with a few scribbled notes if you were there. The sub doesn't do it right and you lose an instructional day and you have to grade all the stuff you had them do in your absence. It is so much easier to be sick at work than sick at home that few teachers ever call in unless they are barely alive, in which case other teachers swoop in and plan the lessons and look in on the sub often.

Fortunately, I am very rarely ill.

Actually, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Just try not coming in to work every time you're sick with something as minor as a cold, particularly if you are unfortunate enough to get several colds and stay out the entire time you might be contagious. I think you're guaranteed to attract attention, and not the kind that will put you on the fast track for a promotion. Come in, and you'll piss off all around you. Not good, but the alternative might be creating a backlog of work for yourself and being perceived as a slacker.

By the way, I'm glad you're feeling better BN!

I was sick 3 times last year, one was a migrane, one was a stomach bug and one was just what you described. After my third time not comming to work, and this was over 6months I was called into my managers office with the human resource director and asked what was going on in my life. I was missing a lot of work and I really need to be there. They kept asking me if there were other problems I needed to talk about and basically made me feel like I had done something terribly wrong. Then they asked me what I had to say about it and I told them that next time I will just come in sick and give it to everyone else. They said no thats not what we are saying. I never understood that whole conversation, how we have employees out for weeks at a time, yet when I'm out 1 day 3 different times over six months I get grilled. I WILL COME IN SICK FROM NOW ON AND SNEEZE AND COUGH ALL OVER THEM NEXT TIME! See how long they stay out. One guy took a week off because his wife was sick, now come on, where is the balance in that?

So far I'm still good. The sinus infection does seem to be completely gone.Still dealing with the remaining fragments of congestion in my lungs. Amazing how many gallons of crud your lungs can hold.

A year or two ago was the worst bug I had ever caught. It managed to get settled in my system at night and struck fast. Awoke around 3am completely dehydrated from sweating (literally my bed sheets were damp) and had no nutrients left. First step out of bed I collapsed onto the floor from weakness. My whole body was on fire with fever. Was stuck on the floor for a good 2-3 hours, passing in and out of sleep and having what I think was nightmarish fever hallucinations. There were moments I couldn't tell if me being on the floor was a dream or not. Thankfully the cold floor dropped my core temperature enough I was able to stand and pick up the phone on my dresser. That was the scariest one.

Anyone else have any terrible sickness experiences they want to rant about?

BN, I actually chuckled at your initial posting. I loved the "sickly Darth Vader noises" description! I actually did laugh out loud!

That said, make no mistake--I feel tremendous empathy for you. I *detest* having respiratory illnesses. When I do get sick, I tend to be very sick and look like hell, eyes swollen shut, etc. I try to avoid crowds (thank goodness I don't go to church anymore--that is one giant petri dish), and I don't touch my face, eyes or nose. I wash my hands often. I avoid sick people and get quite upset when someone visits me and my pets while s/he is an incubus of viral plague. That is terribly unfair. It also really pisses me off when people use public places and sneeze and cough all over everything (or onto their hands and then they touch stuff--YUCK!). Germ theory is not new, people.

Anyhow, it sounds like you're feeling better. I hope it doesn't continue on much longer. Influenza + asthma = hell!

Take care!

I'll have to remember to work "incubus of viral plague" into some of my conversations this week. It's kinda catchy!