Goodbye Jesus

John 3:16

believer

I have been askd why I frequent this site since I believe that if you are once truly saved and then depart from the faith you can never return to repentance.

Well, I believe that there may be one or two people who merely thought that they believed and when they departed from what they thought was faith, they did not depart from actual faith in Jesus Christ.

But all insults that will be thrown at me aside (such as, he had no stamina, and that is why he stopped posting), I grow tired of this game.

You want proof that God is real, but He says that the way to salvation is to believe in Him apart from such proof, although proof is given that many of you have rejected with rationalities.

He says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

With that testimony, I leave you. Some of you wanted to kick me off the boards anyway.

The testimony is this: if you will believe the testimony of scripture, God will give you everlasting life. If you choose not to believe, you will perish.

You may want to rail against God for me having said this. I don't really care, He will be your judge.

If any of you really wants to believe, you can find the evidence if you look for it hard enough. "Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and ye will find; knock, and it wil be opened to you. For whoever asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7

"And you shall seek me, and you shall find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13.

Been there, done that. Not true, Big Lie.

• Like 6

"For the Flying Spaghetti Monster so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Noodle, that whosoever partake of His sauce should not boil in the great colander but shall have everlasting life with rivers of olive oil."

• Like 7

• Super Moderator

John 3:16, eh? Thank you - never heard that before.

• Like 2

Good-bye believer. I tried to get you to actually use reason and evidence, but you failed. You just kept repeating stuff you heard. Good bye. I tried CHristianity for 30 years. It was a fail. That's why you couldn't come up with evidence. It's a fail for you too. You just can't admit it. You are trapped in the circuar maze of religious indoctrination with millions of escape hatches to keep from dealing with reality.

If your religion weren't so harmful to people, I'd feel sorry for you.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:28.

Waiting.........................

We know the bible and can quote verses too because......

We are EX-christians and THIS is our website.

• Like 3

For your god (supposedly) so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, who was himself, as a sacrifice to himself, to pay a price that he himself set upon the entire human race. ????

Whosoever shall or shall NOT believe in him WILL NOT have everlasting life.

You're wasting your time here.

You want proof that God is real, but He says that the way to salvation is to believe in Him apart from such proof, although proof is given that many of you have rejected with rationalities.

Translation: the way to salvation is to believe in the irrational.

The testimony is this: if you will believe the testimony of scripture, God will give you everlasting life. If you choose not to believe, you will perish.

The testimony of scripture played a large part in my not believing.

The testimony is full of holes and appeals to primal instincts.

Fear and reward are carrot and stick methods to control someone.

"And you shall seek me, and you shall find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13.

Christianity rejects the God of the Old Testament and replaces him with Jesus.

Your use of this particular verse is ludricrous

• Like 1

"Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and ye will find; knock, and it wil be opened to you. For whoever asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7

Can I play?

Judges 11:30-31

And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD, and said, “If You will indeed deliver the people of Ammon into my hands, then it will be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD’s, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering.”

Judges 11:34

When Jephthah came to his house at Mizpah, there was his daughter, coming out to meet him with timbrels and dancing; and she was his only child. Besides her he had neither son nor daughter.

Judges 11:39

And it was so at the end of two months that she returned to her father, and he carried out his vow with her which he had vowed.

• Like 1

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Of all the crazy doctrines and loopholes built into Christianity, it even has one based around No True Scotsman? I've heard it all now.

To Me, John 3:16 represents all that is wrong with Christianity. It puts forth a truly odious proposition: A god that has to resort to human sacrifice in order to forgive.

A god that would behave in such a manner is not to be trusted.

And a mortal who would play along with this rather questionable offer of salvation is also not to be trusted.

They deserve each other.

• Like 3

I have been askd why I frequent this site since I believe that if you are once truly saved and then depart from the faith you can never return to repentance.

Well, I believe that there may be one or two people who merely thought that they believed and when they departed from what they thought was faith, they did not depart from actual faith in Jesus Christ.

But all insults that will be thrown at me aside (such as, he had no stamina, and that is why he stopped posting), I grow tired of this game.

He says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

With that testimony, I leave you. Some of you wanted to kick me off the boards anyway.

You may want to rail against God for me having said this. I don't really care, He will be your judge.

If any of you really wants to believe, you can find the evidence if you look for it hard enough. "Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and ye will find; knock, and it wil be opened to you. For whoever asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7

Thanks for playing, we have some consolation prizes for you and a copy of the home game. :)

• Like 1

Matthew 27 verse 5

Luke 10 verse 37.

And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

... Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Casey

• Like 3

so god actually loves the world and jesus actually dies for every sinner?

so whether if anyone believes jesus or not, jesus also died for us already,,,,

we are redeemed, random paid, regardless you believe or not,,,,,,

everybody goes heaven,,,, and pre-party starts on earth,,,,,,yehhhhhhh

crazy crap from crazy believer,,,

believer,, what heinous crimesand atrocities you have committed that someone had to die to pay for your acts,,,,,

If I gave your god belief in him without proof, I'd have to give it to every potential god without proof. There's no inside track here: if you want my belief, you have to earn it. I have no time for gods that demand belief without proof, and nothing but contempt for the narcissistic subset of those that offer up comically exaggerated rewards and punishments to try to get me to believe without proof. You can raise all the objections you want about our sinful, fallen nature, and, guess what, I agree with pretty much all of it! But none of it recuses me of my responsibility to believe things in proportion to the evidence, and to demand that the ideas presented in the Bible or anywhere else stand up to scrutiny. I must remain true to my values of honesty and personal integrity, and hope that, if there is a god, that he respects that. And frankly, I like my chances.

• Like 7

I think 'believer' thinks too highly of himself. I don't know anyone that WANTS to throw him off the boards cuz I cannot find anyone who really gives a shit if he stays! Let's have a show of hands. Who wants 'believer' to leave and who don't give a shit one way or the other? Anyone, anyone? I vote, I don't give a shit.

believer says, in his pomposity written above concerning our treatment of his obviously god-given inspiration he has shared so generously with us heathens: 'you have rejected with rationalities ....'

This means his presentation of cut and paste scriptural doctrine is irrational.

Because we don't spit and slobber all over his theological discourse as something sent from on high, we must be rationalists! What can I say but 'thank you?' He got the point but doesn't know it. After spending over 45 years in the church pew as a brain-washed bobble head, I will accept rational thinking every time over mindless faith-driven drivel.

Which is Okey dokey with me cuz I've heard his shpeel in every Protestant church I've been to, and I've been to a lot of churches, none of which ever fell in from me walking in the front door. Further, I cannot imagine why I would want to live forever with the likes of televangelists, faith healers, and other charlatans who have skimmed the money from the offering plate, thereby insuring that they live the life of luxury while denying the basic needs of the poor for whom they so generously fleece their flocks. However, 'believer', would love to share their company for eternity. He wants us to do likewise. Misery loves company. I would rather spend eternity taking a dirt-nap.

Thank you for reading this Special Public Service Announcement.

• Like 1

It is a tough crowd.

No sense in being a martyr.

God is real in your mind. Hell is real in your mind. The devil is real in your mind.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.

You don't care?

It is not God that I rail against. It is doctrine that is a lie.

You say that Jesus is your Lord?

I say that doctrine is your Lord. Your belief system is your Lord. I will rail against that.

God? I love God. Really.

Thanks for saying goodbye....good luck to you.

Come back when you are ready to deconvert!

• Like 2

For your god (supposedly) so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, who was himself, as a sacrifice to himself, to pay a price that he himself set upon the entire human race.

Wow Beth - you have summed up what I had always struggled with during my 22 years of being a Christian. Great way of wording that verse.

• 2 weeks later...

Where to begin?

Since I do not know you and have not been annoyed with your supposed fundamental narrow-mindedness in the past, I do not feel the need to mock or insult you. I wish you luck in your journey and I hope you will not be afraid to face the truth one day.

That, or you are the best troll ever.

• Like 1

Christian troll baits the line, waits for it, and exchristians chomp like it's a feeding frenzy.

Christian troll baits the line, waits for it, and exchristians chomp like it's a feeding frenzy.

actually it's better then that. He trolled. We bit. He left. We called him out for running away to quickly. Then chewed him up again. This guy was actually pretty fun.

He was so bad that even Thumb and End were like "dude shut up".

• Like 1

If I gave your god belief in him without proof, I'd have to give it to every potential god without proof.

Right on Michael...........................yellow.gif I am beginning to this this clearly.........

I think allah might be the right god. 3.gif Allah 'covers ' everybody! Muslims believe that there is no other God besides Allah and that he is the God of the universe. They claim that not only is he their God, but that he is the God of the Jews, the Christians and everyone else.Wendytwitch.gif Listen to this scripture!!

"He is Allah beside Whom there is none other worthy of worship, The King, The Holy, The Peace, The Watcher, The All Mighty, The Compeller, The Supreme. Glory be to Allah! He is above all that they try to associate with Him as partners." [Holy Quran 59:23]

Believer, we have been serving the wrong god all these years!!! eek.gif