Goodbye Jesus

If there's no creator, who did this?

willybilly30

Atheist say there is no god so im wondering who did all this then?

1. Were did the universe come from? Were did everything come from? Was the universe just here and nothing ever made it? If we went back in time as back, we could go what

Would we see? Something had too start all this.

2. Who decided earth would have life while the other planets do not have life? Who decided grass would be green and the sky blue? Who decided the birds would go south for the winter and bears hibernate.

3. Were did religion come from? Seems like since time began theirs been a belief in a creator. If no creator why would the belief start? Why would the belief in life after death start?

Note: By creator, I do not mean bible god I do not think some dude in a thrones sitting in the universe somewhere. Im not trying too convert atheist too anything Im just wondering about this. I try too understand people beleafs.

I think the biggest problem is that people want to give credit to "someone."

I just want too know who or what it is.

I think the biggest problem is that people want to give credit to "someone."

103277[/snapback]

Who says it had to be anyone? Sometimes things justhappen. For no reason whatsoever. People need to recognize that as a fact of life, learn to deal with it, and stop projecting their insecurities on the cosmos...

>fixed and closed tag kL<

Im just wondering where did it all come from and start. I guess it is possible the universe was always here and nothing gave birth too it.

Id much rather see a scientific answer guess they have not found out yet.

Their any websites or books on the theories and findings on the beginning of the universe.

WB~~

You will never get an answer to that question without a religion.

Sofi

103321[/snapback]

I don't want to edit so let me re-phrase my post.

Nobody will ever be able to prove how it all began so religious beliefs answer it very nicely. Pick your faith.

I could sense that Merlin was about to pounce on my reply.

WB~~

You will never get an answer to that question without a religion.

Sofi

103321[/snapback]

What makes you say that, Sofi? Religion is only one possible answer here...

WB: If you want to know, "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking is a great place to start out - so you can see the theories in the scientific community. "Cosmos" is also a top notch view.

Merlin

Their any websites or books on the theories and findings on the beginning of the universe.

103325[/snapback]

Once upon a time there was nothing. Then there was something. Bbbbbbbbang! I think that's how it goes.

We can't prove, beyond a doubt, 2000 years ago. How can you prove billions of years ago?

103325[/snapback]

Once upon a time there was nothing. Then there was something. Bbbbbbbbang! I think that's how it goes.

We can't prove, beyond a doubt, 2000 years ago. How can you prove billions of years ago?

103329[/snapback]

Except it wasn't a bang.... Just a mass expansion.

103325[/snapback]

103329[/snapback]

It's very simple: Nature leaves a better trail. It never lies, too. :shrug:

Maybe I should do something else.

Merlin

103287[/snapback]

You can't! Sorry, it's a well contained secret in a small and tightly knit society. :) Just Kidding!

That is the big question, and that's why we have different religions and non-believes as well. If we could answer that question without any doubt, and with all the proofs you would ever need, then we would change the world, and probably end all the religious and politcal wars once and for all.

My personal opinion is that the Big Bang happened, but we have no clue what it was that went Bang. It was not nothing, it was something, but exactly what... good question. A white hole, a singularity, or a brane collision of universes, we just don't know yet.

I don't want to edit so let me re-phrase my post.

Nobody will ever be able to prove how it all began so religious beliefs answer it very nicely. Pick your faith.

I could sense that Merlin was about to pounce on my reply.

103326[/snapback]

Don't agree to that. Religion has the easiest explanation right now, and science do have problems and questions still with the theories. But it doesn't mean that there is a chance it can both be figured out and be proven in the future.

I will try finding them books at the college library.

That called the big bang theory I have heard a little about it.

103325[/snapback]

103329[/snapback]

103325[/snapback]

103329[/snapback]

The "nothing" into "something" is not completely correct. It was a "something" without space and time. But it was definitely something, but it was a something that was nothing like we have today. And without space and time, it's a kind of a nothing, but not a real nothing. It was a structured and organized existence of something. It could have been a white hole (I'm serious, I'm not making that term up. It's a theoretical object which hasn't been proven yet, but could exist.)

And like Khan said. Big "Bang" is misleading. It was the big expansion.

How sure are they about the Big Bang? Well they used to be united and confident, but the homogeneous group has been broken up a bit, since there are issues and problems with the theory.

Darn it. I want to write more, but get interrupted all the time... more later...

So something exploded making the universe is that the theory?

Maybe one universe died and gave birth too another.

Scary though cause it says this one could die.

103287[/snapback]

You can't! Sorry, it's a well contained secret in a small and tightly knit society. :) Just Kidding!

That is the big question, and that's why we have different religions and non-believes as well. If we could answer that question without any doubt, and with all the proofs you would ever need, then we would change the world, and probably end all the religious and politcal wars once and for all.

My personal opinion is that the Big Bang happened, but we have no clue what it was that went Bang. It was not nothing, it was something, but exactly what... good question. A white hole, a singularity, or a brane collision of universes, we just don't know yet.

103341[/snapback]

Whoa.........slow down.

People want to believe in something. We want to know and have the answers to all of our questions. When something can't be proven, people will look for an answer somewhere else.

If science proves beyond a shadow of a doubt when everything began and exactly how it began, everyone will believe. Until then....... there is faith....or...

What's wrong with not knowing?

Whoa.........slow down.

People want to believe in something. We want to know and have the answers to all of our questions. When something can't be proven, people will look for an answer somewhere else.

If science proves beyond a shadow of a doubt when everything began and exactly how it began, everyone will believe. Until then....... there is faith....or...

What's wrong with not knowing?

103351[/snapback]

Agree. You can just as well take the position of "not knowing", which is the agnostics view of "God". We don't know, and don't think we can prove either or. And the same goes with the Universe. But it doesn't mean that someday there could be proven one way or the other.

If science one day proves God, then as an agnostic, I can easily become a believer. Even though I currently hold the postion that I don't think there is a God. But that's just my personal opinion.

So something exploded making the universe is that the theory?

Nooooo..... Nothing exploded. It was just a mass expansion.

Maybe one universe died and gave birth too another.

Scary though cause it says this one could die.

103350[/snapback]

A possibility... loosely.

But look at it this way... This universe is still expanding. If it expands forever, it is projected that it is going to be mightily cold. In that case, all life in the universe will die out.

But if it eventually comes back together in a Big Crunch, there is still the possibility for another Big Bang.

I cannot wait too hear more about this. what is a white hole?

The "nothing" into "something" is not completely correct. It was a "something" without space and time. But it was definitely something, but it was a something that was nothing like we have today. And without space and time, it's a kind of a nothing, but not a real nothing. It was a structured and organized existence of something. It could have been a white hole (I'm serious, I'm not making that term up. It's a theoretical object which hasn't been proven yet, but could exist.)

And like Khan said. Big "Bang" is misleading. It was the big expansion.

How sure are they about the Big Bang? Well they used to be united and confident, but the homogeneous group has been broken up a bit, since there are issues and problems with the theory.

Darn it. I want to write more, but get interrupted all the time... more later...

103348[/snapback]

Agree. You can just as well take the position of "not knowing", which is the agnostics view of "God". We don't know, and don't think we can prove either or. And the same goes with the Universe. But it doesn't mean that someday there could be proven one way or the other.

If science one day proves God, then as an agnostic, I can easily become a believer. Even though I currently hold the postion that I don't think there is a God. But that's just my personal opinion.

103353[/snapback]

I love an open mind.

Ultimatly, it's rather irrelevant how it all started IMO. It here now and that's mostly what matters.

1. Were did the universe come from? Were did everything come from?  Was the universe just here and nothing ever made it?  If we went back in time as back, we could go what would we see? Something had too start all this.

But how does adding a god to the beginning give an explanation? Where did the god come from? What made the god? etc. The truth is, noone knows yet - not even the people who think a god did it.

2. Who decided earth would have life while the other planets do not have life?  Who decided grass would be green and the sky blue? Who decided the birds would go south for the winter and bears hibernate.

Sounds like a fallacy to me. Life exists on earth because it can, and not on the others (as far as we know... Mars is looking mighty lifelike under its surface.) because it can't. It's not like life exists on Earth contrary to some law that says it really shouldn't. There is no decision making required, if you understand that things never had the goal of getting to where they are today - they simply occurred because they could. You need to read somthing good on cosmology and evolution.

3. Were did religion come from? Seems like since time began theirs been a belief in a creator. If no creator why would the belief start? Why would the belief in life after death start?

Another fallacy? Same one? If you ask this question, why not ask why there are so many very different religions? Why are people able to question religion? Able to believe that there is no life after death? Because our brains are just that awesome.

Anyway, I prefer the question "Is there any reason to believe in a creator?". If one exists, then it doesn't seem to particularly care what you believe - my heathen self has yet to be smited - so I go the path of Occam's razor. No god needed.

Ok everyone, get yer grains of salt ready.

I am simply stating my beliefs as they currently stand.

An atheist can't answer this question because we don't believe anyone created anything.

1. Were did the universe come from? Were did everything come from? Was the universe just here and nothing ever made it? If we went back in time as back, we could go what

Would we see? Something had too start all this.

"The Infidel Guy Show" Episode 10

Here is his site

I was listening to The infidel Guy yesterday, and Bob Price (The Bible Geek) explained that some versions of the Bible interpret the beginning of the universe by saying that the materials were already around, and God simply put them together. I don't know how widely accepted that interpretation is, but if that is what is meant by the beginning, then it fails to explain the origin of the building material.

It is illogical to say that because Atheists don't have all the answers maybe there is some merit to the creation story in the Bible. Neither one of them have the answers.

2. A Who decided earth would have life while the other planets do not have life? B Who decided grass would be green and the sky blue?  C Who decided the birds would go south for the winter and bears hibernate.

A. I simply chalk it up a random occurance in nature

B. The "colors" are reflections of different wavelengths of visable light. In the case of plants we "see" green, but in fact, the different types of chlorophyll reflect colors based on the wavelenghts a specific type of chlorophyll interacts with.

C. Survival instincts.

I simply think that religion is a reaction to our own survival instincts. After all, we are animals. We are the only animals who worship God because we have the brain capacity to understand that our physical bodies die. As rational as humans are, I believe that our instincts are more powerful than our ability to reason. Giving up religion means more than giving up life after death. It also means giving up the main from of social interaction that some people have. And because we are social animals, this scares some people straight into denial.