Job Description

Just another silly 'deconverting' subject that I have been thinking about........

A good job description is important to give to new employees, so that all would understand what is expected. A well-developed job description can provide details on the "essential functions" of a job.

It is a
‘leader’s’ outline
(a written document or an oral discussion) between 2 or more people, for the purpose of identifying the job or duties by title, essential functions and requirements. It would be a well-crafted description that also spells out the knowledge, abilities and skills required to perform a job successfully.

Good management would offer any help with ‘development’ in the new job; there would be incentives, promotions, compensations, discipline, but also recognition and rewards for good performance. Flexibility would also be a factor, where management and employee could discuss alternative methods, so things could work out to everyone’s favor.

Why didn’t this discussion happen between god and Adam and Eve, his brand new creation? Why not sit down and have a big talk with them? Didn’t he owe them, a good explanation and description about the job of ‘running the earth’?

All he did was 'plunk' them in a garden and tell them to ‘till’ the garden and not to eat off one of the trees because if they did, they would die.?? No further discussion........

God created a tree that would give the eater the knowledge of good and evil and commanding Adam not to eat its fruit. Why would God create something that was banned and, specifically, why would it be a tree whose fruit offered knowledge of good and evil? Isn't knowledge good?

We were also told to eat plentiful from the earth and multiply… but didn’t they deserve more intelligent instructions from the creator of the heavens and earth?? Wendyshrug.gif

Read Genesis 2:16 and 17. Then read Genesis 3: 2 - 5. Then read Genesis 3: 22.

In genesis 3:22, was the 'tree of life' the same as the tree of 'good and evil'? Is this the best instructions god could give us?? It's all very vague....

I do understand that there is 2 accounts, but where is it that caring god who would have a nice conversation with his new people, and give then the instructions to run the earth properly??

I know the real reason in my heart........, he really dosen't exist.......... because a good god and creator would do the right thing......because he is all knowing, all powerful, and all loving.......dry.png

In genesis 3:22, was the 'tree of life' the same as the tree of 'good and evil'?

From Genesis 2: 9, it appears that there were two trees: one of life and one of the knowledge of good and evil. The tree of life doesn't come back into the story until Genesis 3: 22 - 24.

As far as two accounts, that's about the creation itself. The first one is from Genesis 1:1 - 2:2. The second one is from Genesis 2:3 through the end of the chapter.

I know the real reason in my heart........, he really doesn't exist........ because a good god and creator would do the right thing.

Certainly.

If one were to assume the story to be real then I would suppose that more exchanges occurred than what was actually written down. We have the Reader's Digest version of events and not the transcription of every single moment that passed from (slightly before) creation to expulsion (and then some). What I am saying is that I would imagine that Adam and Eve probably spoke to another more often than the text we have would lead us to believe. It almost seems that the snake gets more face time with Eve than does Adam which probably wouldn't be the case if this were a real story.

mwc

I know the real reason in my heart........, he really dosen't exist.......... because a good god and creator would do the right thing......because he is all knowing, all powerful, and all loving.......dry.png

You should really read up on Marcion.

mwc

• Like 1

If we read the creation account in Genesis at face value, then we read the story of how god created the universe and all living things, including especially human beings. We also learn that this god has a desire for things to go a certain way in that he told Adam (who presumably told Eve) not to do but one thing - eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. But then we learn that this god does not have control of everything because there was a force (the snake) who successfully worked to undermine god by convincing Eve (who then convinced Adam) to eat of the forbidden fruit. From that story, the stage is set so we understand certain things about god:

1. God created all things.

2. God desires that people act in a certain way.

3. God is unable or unwilling to force people to act in accordance with his desires.

4. There are forces which god is unable or unwilling to control which may lead people to act in a way contrary to the will of god.

5. These forces can be quite compelling to human beings.

So, why didn't god do a better job of explaining things to Adam and Eve? There are several possible explanations:

1. As MWC stated, maybe he did but that convesation was not recorded.

2. Maybe god didn't understand everything, himself, and so was unable to explain things to his new human beings.

3. Maybe god didn't really care.

4. Maybe the snake was more intelligent than god and pulled a fast one on him.

• Like 1

You should really read up on Marcion.

mwc

Thank you mwc, this looks very interesting. I will read more.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcET1y4r4Cc

If we read the creation account in Genesis at face value, then we read the story of how god created the universe and all living things, including especially human beings. We also learn that this god has a desire for things to go a certain way in that he told Adam (who presumably told Eve) not to do but one thing - eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. But then we learn that this god does not have control of everything because there was a force (the snake) who successfully worked to undermine god by convincing Eve (who then convinced Adam) to eat of the forbidden fruit. From that story, the stage is set so we understand certain things about god:

1. God created all things.

2. God desires that people act in a certain way.

3. God is unable or unwilling to force people to act in accordance with his desires.

4. There are forces which god is unable or unwilling to control which may lead people to act in a way contrary to the will of god.

5. These forces can be quite compelling to human beings.

So, why didn't god do a better job of explaining things to Adam and Eve? There are several possible explanations:

1. As MWC stated, maybe he did but that convesation was not recorded.

2. Maybe god didn't understand everything, himself, and so was unable to explain things to his new human beings.

3. Maybe god didn't really care.

4. Maybe the snake was more intelligent than god and pulled a fast one on him.

All in all, Overcame......He was NOT a good manager. Thank you for this.