Goodbye Jesus

Nwo Conspiracy?

Arcane Lullabye

Lots of conspiracies have turned out true... And lots of conspiracies will remain conspiracies, not because they may be false, but because they hide behind the premise that they're too outrageous to ever be considered true.

Secret societies are real and many belong to them who work together to circumvent laws, policies and just general good business practices to assist one another.  And what the hell really goes on a Bohemian Grove anyway?  Cremation of Care, anyone? 

Hell, just invest a little time into symbolism and you'll start seeing stuff all over the place.  Washington DC, company logo's, magazine covers, the music industry etc...  It's endless really.

The symbols are indeed everywhere. Before I started learning what they are and what they represent I never even noticed them. When I was still a believer I had this crazy notion that Satan was ruling the world through secret societies and "false" religions. The conspicuous placement of occult symbols in everyday life became an obsession of mine for a few years. As I studied secret societies and ancient Mystery Religions I kept finding common themes that I was sure pointed to overt Satan worship at the highest levels. The last part of my research was to read the entire Bible so I could tie all of this stuff together in my head. A funny thing happened as I started reading. Since I was fairly adept at finding esoteric language from my studies I noted, to my own surprise, that the Bible is full of esoteric language and symbology. My conversion to atheism was largely brought about buy the epiphany that Judaism and Christianity are no less Sun worship than any other of the ancient Mystery Religions. I'm no conspiracy theorist but I do believe these Mystery Religions have survived through the ages because the ruling classes have been practitioners. Using religion is a good way to subjugate people and hoard wealth. It's hard to write this stuff without sounding like a kook. ph34r.png

even a stopped clock is right twice a day, as the saying goes.

And even smart people aren't experts in everything.

There obviously are conspiracies taking place every day.People plan a heist together, congressmen conspire to give themselves raises, malcontents conspire to bomb buildings, businessmen conspire for a hostile takeover. Masons try to give their business to other Masons, Jews and Chinese business people do the same with their groups; they conspire to do so. Christians encourage each other to deal with Christian businesses, they conspire to do so.

However, there are many popular conspiracy theories that would not only be impossible to pull off, but also make little sense compared to easier alternatives to achieve the same end, and there is no evidence to support those theories. Conspiracy Apologetics then comes into play and the apologists claim the conspirators are too secret to be discovered but the fact that the pyramid on the dollar bill or something else as mundane proves the point. It is so much like Christian apologetics I can't see how anyone can miss that. Many arguments are no better than, "geological strata are a trick of the devil to lead us away from Creationism" or, "I can't prove Jesus lives, but I know he is in my heart."

Probably the largest conspiracy that actually happened in modern history is the Nazi extermination camps. Still, it was eventually discovered and many plans were being made right up to that time to blow the lid off. Hell, even today the NSA can't keep their nefarious agenda a secret due to whistle blowers. Conspiracies of a grand, global scale are quite improbable considering human nature. There will always be a weak link; even the tightly controlled Nixon administration fell due to conspirators being exposed.

Well, it's not just the pyramid on the dollar bill... It's the letters around it that spell the world "MASON" and form a perfect pentagram when you connect those letters from the words "Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordo Seclorum." 

For me, box-cutters and cave-dwellers is the laughable conspiracy.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Well, it's not just the pyramid on the dollar bill... It's the letters around it that spell the world "MASON" and form a perfect pentagram when you connect those letters from the words "Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordo Seclorum." 

For me, box-cutters and cave-dwellers is the laughable conspiracy.

That's a misconception. It was the cave-dwellers that gave the rich spoiled brat a home, who was the leader of the people who hashed out that plot. Now there's something to be said though about CIA associations with the Bin Laden family, I'll admit that there is fishy stuff that went on. Though the details are still not accessible to the public.

• Super Moderator
Though the details are still not accessible to the public.

No doubt there are numerous back room deals within politics and government. Our government has been buddy to many who later became The Enemy. Deals are made, deals are unmade, and we peons never hear the details. I'm not sure the details matter, anyway. Government secrecy and foreign policy shenanigans don't constitute the kind of conspiracy that paranoids thrive on. Government policy is all about short term goals, not the long haul. In the long haul, some other administration will be taking the credit or blame anyway.

My personal view is that those who knee-jerk to conspiracy theory are just as wrong as those who, like Alex Jones, never met a conspiracy theory they didn't believe.

Clearly there are some conspiracies afoot.

Explain why the propaganda machine has gone into overdrive in favor of NSA spying, if there are no vast governmental conspiracies taking place.

Here's a screenshot of today's Google News Feed:

2013-06-14_1554.png

In the space of a few inches, we are being lied to about the idea that this program would have stopped 9/11 (when clearly intelligence gathering at the time could have easily stopped it had officials simply paid attention to available data -- i.e., warning from the previous admin, warnings from local FBI chiefs about Islamic students in flight schools, etc...) and we are being told that terrorists are already changing their behavior -- as if anyone with two brain cells to rub together didn't already heavily suspect the government was monitoring our electronic communication. 

This is clear evidence of a conspiracy and there are many similar conspiracies performed by government and private groups alike.

The difference between these conspiracies and 'conspiracy theory' of the Alex Jones ilk is simply the fact that these don't require conjecture.

The government and similar groups are not, however, too stupid or inept to carry out a conspiracy.  They do it all the time and they're damn good at it.

• Like 1

Critical thinking tends to be underrated.

Says you.

...I'm not saying it's necessarily true. I just think it needs to be looked at.

Feel free to "look at it" then.

Things are often dismissed at a glance, even though they may have some truth to them. I don't say that every claim of these conspiracy theorists is true...but they deserve more examination.

See above.  Go ahead and give it more examination.  The world is your oyster.

I know not to depend on photographic evidence...but that photo doesn't look doctored to me (the picture further down the page with Gosch and Bush). Any opinions?

Again, says you.  

No opinion whatsoever.

I agree with much of what Josh has said above. smile.png  When I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 it did strike me that things might not be as they seem and that governments (and bankers) are doing things behind the scenes that we don't know about.  A guy I check out regularly regarding this kind of stuff is 'Stormcloudsgathering'.  He seems more down to earth and rational compared to guys like Alex Jones.  I haven't watched all his videos, so not sure if I agree with everything he says.  Check out his latest 'offering'.  I'd be interested in any feedback regarding it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwmD4c_NxI

Edit: how do you make that link into the video?  It usually posts as the video??

• Like 1

I typically just post the link and the magic happens when I click on "post."

Personally, I don't find it hard to believe that people in high places would kill thousands or millions to maintain their power and their wealth.  Humans have used other humans for personal gain all throughout history.  That's not going away and in my opinion will only become more pronounced with technology. 

Guest Babylonian Dream

I watched some of his videos, he also has a birther one. I'm open to what he has to say, however, because of the whole birther thing, I'm weary of what he's saying.

• Super Moderator
I watched some of his videos, he also has a birther one.

Although a stopped clock is right twice a day, that's not necessarily true for a conspiracy theory buff. Anyone who buys into such a ridiculous and demonstrably untrue scenario has demonstrated an inability to think clearly. I would be inclined to mistrust almost everything such a person might say.

Guest Babylonian Dream

I watched some of his videos, he also has a birther one.

Although a stopped clock is right twice a day, that's not necessarily true for a conspiracy theory buff. Anyone who buys into such a ridiculous and demonstrably untrue scenario has demonstrated an inability to think clearly. I would be inclined to mistrust almost everything such a person might say.

Likewise. Though he did make some good points in some of his videos, so I remain openminded nonetheless.