Goodbye Jesus

Is Anyone Else An Ex Intern At Teenmania's Honor Academy?

openpalm45

I searched through the forums and found a couple entries that mentioned TeenMania, but no one saying they were once involved in it, or an ex intern at the Honor Academy. I was wondering if I was the only one. The brainwashing is pretty bad there, so its quite possible that I am, but I hope not!

no but I went to the site and found the following. 3 of the listed request are for money. At least two are for things that I think are directly related to attending the school.

Sorry you went through that Open.

Prayer Requests for Week 4/1/11

The past sev­eral weeks have been dif­fi­cult for many alumni, so please take some time to check out their prayers and pray over them.
Mike Ylag — Pray for the Min­istry Team.
David Neal – Pray for unity within the
GI
fam­ily and
TMM
over­all fam­ily? It seems there are so much unrav­el­ing of indi­vid­u­als work­ing together. Also to pray for those whom are try­ing to deter­mine if what they are doing at
TMM
is in the best inter­est of
HIS
work.
Crys­tal Ramos – Finances, Restora­tion for my fam­ily, Restora­tion with my rela­tion­ship with God, and Rela­tion­ships in general.
Kerith John­son — Free­dom for my fam­ily back home. They are all going through a major storm right now and they all know the Lord– but they don’t know his heart and char­ac­ter. Pray that in the midst of this they would turn
TO
the Lord and not from him, that their roots would go down deep in his love, and that they would encounter God as he
TRULY
is. Pray also that my fam­ily would get con­nected with believ­ers who truly are seek­ing after the Lord. Espe­cially for my sib­lings as they are in high school and college.
Megan Ras­mussen — My fam­ily needs jobs and I need finances to come in for my
HA
dona­tion record.
Justin Ramey – Pray my brother Austin Ramey will have direc­tion for his life and if he is called to the Honor Acad­emy then he would come. My cousin Kris­ten McGraw would come to know Jesus Christ and that her addic­tion to drug would be nonexistent.
Michael Tadaj — Finances for my Core Advi­sor, I am at -$827 cur­rently. Also I need funds for my trip to Poland. I need around $2,500.

EDIT: Color font cause white on white on computer screen doesn't show up for some reason. :shrug:

(First time posting. Hi, fellow apostates!)

I went on three mission trips with Teen Mania, after an Acquire the Fire conference hijacked my youthful idealism/altruism and channeled it in an unfortunate direction. Yikes, looking back -- the emotional manipulation at those events was off the charts. I was a sensitive kid, and it really messed with my head.

I'd be interested to hear about your experience if you feel like sharing, OpenPalm89.

Wow! I'm ashamed to say that as youth minister I took my youth group to an "acquire the fire" conference years ago. You are correct, there was some SERIOUS brainwashing going on there.

Yeah, I went to acquire the fire as well. I really need to write my extimony, and tell all about my experiences, but I think it will take a looong time.

Jesus Christ that looks like some hard-core programming!

And the thought of spending a year learning how to become a foot soldier for god... *shudder*

and g'day, mockingbird :)

Thanks, blackpudd1n. :)

OpenPalm98, glad to hear I'm not the only one procrastinating on the extimony! ;)

there is still so much I could write on mine- but I just didn't feel like it at the time. Maybe just give the bare bones and fill the rest in later? :)

as to extimony, write what you need to say. Many people do one, but not all.

Often just starting to write helps.

Haha.. Yeah.. Im a pretty good procrastinator. I know I should share my extimony though. And Im sure my time spent at the Honor Academy will be particularly interesting. Dont worry though... Im not into bashing anyone, and Im not bitter about my time there. In fact, I met one of my best friends there. Stryper, thats probably some good advice. Sometimes I think everyone has to know every little detail in order to fully understand something. Which isnt necessarily true.

Mockingbird, I would also like to hear about your experiences with TeenMania. Im sure they are interesting.

Here is a documentary you might find interesting. I also posted a new topic about this documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FGoAWW0BIgQ

Here is a documentary you might find interesting. I also posted a new topic about this documentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FGoAWW0BIgQ

Thank you for posting that link, Open. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through or have been through.

I could relate to a lot of the control, manipulation, and abusive atmosphere, though, due to what I experienced in my own home when I was growing up. It's not something I like to talk about or even think about, and I have completely removed my biological mother from my life. It shits me when family members tell me what's going on in her life- I don't want to know, nor am I going to feel sorry for her. I still have extreme reactions when she tries to call me or sends me letters and shit, because a certain family member can't stop herself from giving her my contact details. And then when I am told to "honour thy mother and father...", and religion gets brought into it, it sends me troppo. I have been considering legal action for a long time, as there is no statute of limitations on child abuse over here. I just want to be left alone, and the point's just not getting through. So yeah, I know my experiences are different, and I don't want to lessen yours in any way, I just wanted to let you know that I could relate to some of it.

I really hope you do write your extimony, because I would love to read it, but I do understand that you may not be ready to quite go there yet, having been through that sort of shit.