Goodbye Jesus

Leave The Past And Look Into The Future....

Sissi71

I regret that I lost several good relationship because of my brainwashing and my mission to

evangelize people. I can really understand that some people definitly end relationship with me. But I also realize that I must move on. Looking at the past keep you in regrets "I would have done this or that "......Nobody is perfect. I probably learn to be more patient with the dark side of people or friends :-) sometime I realized I was too perfectionist.

Hopefuly the tie with my mom are now stronger and I really enjoy it. She has been very patient with me. My father died two years ago and he was aware I was changing. My relationship with my sister is more difficult and this is probably the member in my family with it will take more time to make up. I just need and hope now an emotional stability. Because when you are changing, sometimes you fail and as said in my testimony it took five years to go out of brainwashing. I would think it would be easier but it was not the case regarding myself. So I am also single and I had to learn to deal with loneliness. But it is better than if I ve been married and my husband still in brainwasing and me not. In fact I am luck because I am free. I just try to plan things, I should travel at the end of December.

Well I cant stay with regret...and try to move on. Some relationships are broken, this is just life....I look to the future and expect new friends, with different background, thoughts....it is so nice to learn from others....

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Hi Sissi,

I can certainly relate to the sentiment of your post. My deconversion led to a break with most all of my family (not through my choice), and I am also thankful that I'm single. I can't imagine going through that process with a wife or children who couldn't understand or agree with me.

I still wake up from very emotional dreams where I'm talking and debating with my pastor who I haven't seen in 15 years. I don't know if we ever can completely get away from our past, but you are correct that the future is where you need to focus (as well as those around you here in the present!). You will find some great friends and companions. Hang in there!

Regret keep us in the past....so that's why we need to move on. But my experience must learn me something, and a mistake that I must not make anymore...I can be happy I'm 40 and I can make plenty of purposes for my future !...yellow.gif

Regret keep us in the past....so that's why we need to move on. But my experience must learn me something, and a mistake that I must not make anymore...I can be happy I'm 40 and I can make plenty of purposes for my future !...yellow.gif

Only 40? You're still a youngster with lots of life ahead of you. I'm so glad you'll be spending the rest of it as a free person. Welcome!