Goodbye Jesus

Bi-polarity

Emme

It's a very good possibility. I was on Seroquel for a year. But then again I drank heavily in my twenties. I went to a psychiatrist for five years but those meds all made me worse. The one thing I had to give up was coffee, an addiction that started while on seroquel. I was waking up so groggy that I started a major caffeine habit. Which led to mania and insomnia.

Now, I take high quality protein so my brain has all the precursers to the neurotransmitters it needs. I take high doses of fish oil and that's it.

It's a very good possibility. I was on Seroquel for a year. But then again I drank heavily in my twenties. I went to a psychiatrist for five years but those meds all made me worse. The one thing I had to give up was coffee, an addiction that started while on seroquel. I was waking up so groggy that I started a major caffeine habit. Which led to mania and insomnia.

Now, I take high quality protein so my brain has all the precursers to the neurotransmitters it needs. I take high doses of fish oil and that's it.

Yeah, I only take Seroquel if I absolutely have to- for the most part the Valpro and managing my stress, lifestyle, and sleep help me keep in check. I've started on the fish oil myself. I very rarely drink coffee- I am a tea drinker, I find it gives me a little perk instead of the major jump coffee does- I feel awful when I drink coffee. I hate the way it makes me feel racy while at the same time I'm still tired- it's too confusing for me :)

I was diagnosed as bipolar 6 years ago and put on Paxil and Lamictol. I went batshit crazy, attempted suicide twice, and finally quit taking the meds. Later found out I didn't have emotional problems. I'm diabetic. Thus my crazy emotional shifts were blood sugar problems and not serotonin levels in my brain. Anyway, through the magic of diet and exercise, I'm stable, healthy, and happy again.

good to hear. Unfortunately, I got it bad luck of being both diabetic and bipolar, and it's a wild wild ride!

Did you get diabetes from the medication? If you don't mind me asking smile.png

No. I had it all along. It was the cause of my odd mood swings. I was shifting from one extreme to another, but it was due to blood sugar and not brain chemistry. Once I altered my diet and started exercising daily to keep my weight down and my blood sugar levels even, I stopped going from manic to giddy to sleepy on a daily basis.

I was diagnosed as bipolar 6 years ago and put on Paxil and Lamictol. I went batshit crazy, attempted suicide twice, and finally quit taking the meds. Later found out I didn't have emotional problems. I'm diabetic. Thus my crazy emotional shifts were blood sugar problems and not serotonin levels in my brain. Anyway, through the magic of diet and exercise, I'm stable, healthy, and happy again.

good to hear. Unfortunately, I got it bad luck of being both diabetic and bipolar, and it's a wild wild ride!

Did you get diabetes from the medication? If you don't mind me asking smile.png

No. I had it all along. It was the cause of my odd mood swings. I was shifting from one extreme to another, but it was due to blood sugar and not brain chemistry. Once I altered my diet and started exercising daily to keep my weight down and my blood sugar levels even, I stopped going from manic to giddy to sleepy on a daily basis.

I understand, Foxy, the question was for Panda :) I don't doubt you at all- I have a friend who had the same experience.

When I was 18 I suffered badly from sugar lows. I don't have diabetes, or hypoglycaemia per se, my problem was that, because I am so thin, and I burn up a lot of energy in my day-to-day life, everything I ate was being burned up, and as I continued to burn energy without any fuel, I'd suffer sugar lows. The low GI diet helped me a lot, and I cut back on the amount of sugar I consume, and learned about how food is converted into energy. I was very strict with my diet for a couple of years, until I got it under control. Bipolar didn't hit until I was 21, and these days I only have a sugar low once or twice a year, instead of almost daily back when I was 18. I can be a fussy eater, and I don't always have time to eat a proper meal when I need to, so I snack a lot during the day. It's complicated, though, because I ended up with IBS after a severe bout of the flu a couple of years ago,so I have to stay clear of things like nuts, and I can't have much fruit, and stuff like that. I know all that stuff is healthy, but it makes my life hell!

Emme, I don't have any experience or have anything to offer about your bipolar situation. I just wanted to say that it put a smile on my face to see you again! Hmmmm.... I might have to go revive xandermac's recipe thread in honor of your return. Take care of yourself and stick around. It looks like you can find a lot of good advice and support here. Hugs to you!

Thank you

I live with Bipolar Disorder, diabetes (which I have more problems with LOW blood sugar than HIGH) and neck and back pain along with a pinched nerve. Oh yeah, and overactive bladder.

So, I had a hysterectomy, they gave me dilaudid, which makes me extremely manic and crazy and I went on a six month drug and alcohol binge. They had me on ditropan, which I later found out interferes with protein absorption and it was making me depressed and groggy. Also, couldn't think for shit. So, I got off that stuff.

So, with overactive bladder, bipolar and back pain, I'm pretty much screwed. Can't work a traditional job due to the fact that I can't sit or stand for long periods and I have to pee all the time, LOL :)

I'm applying for disability this week.

I've learned that I can't drink coffee, take pain meds or get overstimulated in busy environments. I've pretty much become a recluse, which suits me fine, because I live in the redneck bible belt capital of the world, so people here are pretty much inbred idiots. Going out in public can be dangerous :)

Well, u guys are true supporters. I cant complain. Ive been in hospital for two weeks raving and ranting like a true maniac. (Sylvia Plath u got nothing on me).

I'm home now and coping. Just waiting to get better and rebooting my life. Good thing healthcare is cheap.

This happened: I snapped and yelled at my parents like a crazy person (duh) and really got everything out of my system.

Everything about my lack of faith, demands etc. I told them to back the fuck upp (literally) or were done. Accept or I'm out

After that nothing has been the same. Colors started to vibrate. I thought I was finally happy, but it was mania. Huh.

Life - you're weird

Well, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am -

I live with Bipolar Disorder, diabetes (which I have more problems with LOW blood sugar than HIGH) and neck and back pain along with a pinched nerve. Oh yeah, and overactive bladder.

So, I had a hysterectomy, they gave me dilaudid, which makes me extremely manic and crazy and I went on a six month drug and alcohol binge. They had me on ditropan, which I later found out interferes with protein absorption and it was making me depressed and groggy. Also, couldn't think for shit. So, I got off that stuff.

So, with overactive bladder, bipolar and back pain, I'm pretty much screwed. Can't work a traditional job due to the fact that I can't sit or stand for long periods and I have to pee all the time, LOL smile.png

I'm applying for disability this week.

I've learned that I can't drink coffee, take pain meds or get overstimulated in busy environments. I've pretty much become a recluse, which suits me fine, because I live in the redneck bible belt capital of the world, so people here are pretty much inbred idiots. Going out in public can be dangerous smile.png

lol Panda- it gets to point where you're only choice is to laugh or cry, hey :)

When you mentioned your hysterectomy, it reminded me that I forgot to mention my hormonal problems. I'm pretty lucky, hey- bipolar AND a hormone imbalance LOL! I'm 26 and at one point there I felt like I was menopausal! Hot flushes, headaches, messed up periods... you name it LOL. Even my fiancee was like, "I know you've got bipolar, I've been with you long enough to know that even with bipolar this is out of the ordinary!" Oh I was a bitch! I'd been having period problems for a few years, with no real reason for it, and the gyno was like, I can only offer you a hysterectomy now. So I decided to go off the Pill for 3 months to try and see what my real symptoms were. it didn't take my GP long to work out that I only had problems when I was off the Pill, even to just have a period, and that it was all hormonal. So I got put straight back on the Pill- my fiancee is very glad LOL.

What a couple of basket cases we are LOL! :)

Well, u guys are true supporters. I cant complain. Ive been in hospital for two weeks raving and ranting like a true maniac. (Sylvia Plath u got nothing on me).

I'm home now and coping. Just waiting to get better and rebooting my life. Good thing healthcare is cheap.

This happened: I snapped and yelled at my parents like a crazy person (duh) and really got everything out of my system.

Everything about my lack of faith, demands etc. I told them to back the fuck upp (literally) or were done. Accept or I'm out

After that nothing has been the same. Colors started to vibrate. I thought I was finally happy, but it was mania. Huh.

Life - you're weird

Well, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am -

Welcome to the tribe, Emme :P:)

My nickname is Bipolar Bitch. And I've earned it goddamit! :)

My nickname is Bipolar Bitch. And I've earned it goddamit! smile.png

LOL! :P

I have to disagree with HereticZero. Bipolar is a deadly disease that shouldn't be read about on the internet.

Get books written by a qualified doctors, and speak to others who live with the disease. I have had bipolar disorder for 20 years, numerous suicide attempts and my sister is dead from it. Take it seriously.

and yeah the religious experiences are part of mania....i go through it every month or so.

it's a lot more than irritating. it's debilitating.

Books are great, but there is a great deal of quality information on bipolar disorder available on the Net too. Those sites range, as the books do, from personal sites written by those who have bipolar disorder to those written by mental health professionals. What I really enjoy having access to is the research being done on the illness.

I go through the religious experiences frequently too, and it is annoying as hell. I have a very hard time not going with the flow of those feelings because they feel so real! And I want them to be real, but the harsh reality is that they are not. They are the product of a serious mental illness. But what that leaves we with is almost constant existential angst which I suppose will never be resolved because I can never again have the certainty that I enjoyed back in my fundie days and I can never know what might actually be real and what is just being generated by bipolar mania.

Diabetic.....Type 1 or Type 2?

Type 2 (non-insulin dependent.)

Frequently I have major low blood sugar in relation to consuming too much sugar or caffeine, and since I'm insulin RESISTANT, my body shoots out tons of the toxic shit and I really freak out. I'm just a walking time bomb. I'm pleasant to be around on the third Saturday of every other month :)

Books are great, but there is a great deal of quality information on bipolar disorder available on the Net too. Those sites range, as the books do, from personal sites written by those who have bipolar disorder to those written by mental health professionals. What I really enjoy having access to is the research being done on the illness.

I go through the religious experiences frequently too, and it is annoying as hell. I have a very hard time not going with the flow of those feelings because they feel so real! And I want them to be real, but the harsh reality is that they are not. They are the product of a serious mental illness. But what that leaves we with is almost constant existential angst which I suppose will never be resolved because I can never again have the certainty that I enjoyed back in my fundie days and I can never know what might actually be real and what is just being generated by bipolar mania.

Yeah, MWC constantly gives me shit about going back to church every 4 or 5 months, but he doesn't get what either one of us is going through. The experiences really do seem REAL. Especially when i'm manic and think God is talking to me.

Here's something I made when I was hospitalized after I tried to commit suicide. It's very sad, cuz I really wanted him to be real. But technically speaking, didn't Jesus commit suicide?

250158_10150626149255258_765415257_18956698_4745762_n.jpg

Yeah, MWC constantly gives me shit about going back to church every 4 or 5 months, but he doesn't get what either one of us is going through. The experiences really do seem REAL. Especially when i'm manic and think God is talking to me.

Here's something I made when I was hospitalized after I tried to commit suicide. It's very sad, cuz I really wanted him to be real. But technically speaking, didn't Jesus commit suicide?

250158_10150626149255258_765415257_18956698_4745762_n.jpg

I really hope those days are behind me. It's hard to know, though. The thing is, I'm not myself in those states.

I don't expect people to understand anymore. It's not that they don't want to, it's just that they can't. Just as I can't understand what it's really like to be a mother, because I don't have children, they can't understand what it's like to be bipolar, because they don't have it. I don't hold it against them.

Sometimes I just want off this roller coaster!

Im Eric I too am bi-polar

what I have found that works for me is to be mindfull of my illness

I try to manage my illness and not let it manage me

luck for me my meds now fill like there helping

dont isolate

• Like 1

dont isolate

Welcome to the forum, Eric :) It's good to have you here :)

Bi polar med blues

What goes down also comes up

Paxil I.B.S.

Tryptophan.

Recent studies show that NAC is effective for treating bipolar depression. It can make the depressive episodes less severe.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/744371 (may need free account to view page :rolleyes:)

Here's the article linked above saved in PDF format. Thanks, PrintFriendly.com! Glory!

medscape.com-NAcetyl_Cysteine_Effective_for_Bipolar_Depression.pdf

I've been taking the stuff for a few weeks. Seems to be helping, but I"m still having problems with depression. I'm just hoping the NAC will help me avoid another major swing down into the hellish abyss.

Glory!

dont isolate

Good advice.

Recent studies show that NAC is effective for treating bipolar depression. It can make the depressive episodes less severe.

http://www.medscape....warticle/744371 (may need free account to view page rolleyes.gif)

Here's the article linked above saved in PDF format. Thanks, PrintFriendly.com! Glory!

I've been taking the stuff for a few weeks. Seems to be helping, but I"m still having problems with depression. I'm just hoping the NAC will help me avoid another major swing down into the hellish abyss.

Glory!

I'm on abilify, a sedative and Zyprexa. The doctors and my goal is to have only one med in the end (abilify).

Also: I'm a social outgoing person normally, but now I can't stand to socialize anymore. I'm like a tired old granny. But I guess thats ok. There has been som much stress and pressure lately. Anyway, I'm

http://www.medscape....warticle/744371 (may need free account to view page rolleyes.gif)

Glory!

I've been taking this:44320.png

and it helps ONLY if I'm not using drugs/alcohol. I keep trying to explain to my mom that when I've been depressed for two weeks and haven't bathed or done the dishes, cocaine seems like a really good idea at the time smile.png

Here is the product label and it has a shitload of every amino acid possible. Since amino acids are the precursers to important neurotransmitters, it really does help! I have to take high doses of it, though. http://www.bodyfortr.../L044320-AE.pdf

You guys cheer me up.

I bought a jawbreaker yesterday and today I tried to smach it with a hammer. That's my patience level right now. Oh and it did not work.