Goodbye Jesus

I Hate Cleaning!

blackpudd1n

I hate cleaning. I truly do! And what shits me even more, is that it is a never-ending chore! You no sooner clean, then the place is a pigsty again, and you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN! And what pisses me off even more? My in-laws dropping in on me without warning! Can they not at least have the decency to call a couple of hours beforehand?! I feel as though I'm constantly being checked up on. It's like they have a radar for when my place is a mess. THEY NEVER VISIT WHEN IT'S CLEAN!

Oh, but what really takes the cake, is when we go over to the in-laws. THEY always know in advance that we are coming! And we get there, and my mother-in-law says shit like, "oh, excuse the mess! We've been flat-out, the place is such a pigsty!" And I look around, and there's two cushions out of place on the lounge. Seriously, you call that a pigsty??!!

Oh, and get this. The first time I walk into their place to meet them, there, in the lounge room, for every one to see, and on display, is a picture of my fiancee, with his ex. And that damn picture stayed there for months, until I got my fiancee to talk to his mum about taking it down. It just made me feel as though they preferred his ex to me. Even then she was resistant about getting rid of the fucking picture. It was just so insensitive. Not only that, but she wasn't even a recent ex- there had been another two girls between me and this chick. It's like, for fuck's sake, they broke up, get over it!

I'm never going to be a 1950's housewife. I'm never going to cook my man lunch and dinner every day and night. Hell, he's lucky if I even make him dinner once a week. And he doesn't mind, either. He likes it when I cook for him, but he doesn't expect it, which is an attitude I appreciate!

• Super Moderator

You filthy pig! I like that in a woman.

Fortunately, my wife likes to clean, which I hate (I'm a great mess maker though) and I like to cook, which she is ambivalent about so it all works out well for us. I do get grumbles about the mess I leave in the kitchen when I cook though, so I try to clean up after myself as much as possible.

You filthy pig! I like that in a woman.

LOL my fiancee reckons he does as well. He was with a clean freak for four years, and says he doesn't ever want to go back there! He hates it when I get into a spot of manic cleaning (doesn't happen very often, bipolar doesn't affect me that way most of the time). He totally freaks out. he's like, "babe, sit down, have a smoke, I'll make you a cuppa". And I'm like, "I have to vacuum the floor again!! I can see something on it!!" Hehe :)

Fortunately, my wife likes to clean, which I hate (I'm a great mess maker though) and I like to cook, which she is ambivalent about so it all works out well for us. I do get grumbles about the mess I leave in the kitchen when I cook though, so I try to clean up after myself as much as possible.

I've never understood anyone who LIKES to clean. Cooking, I get. You get to eat yummy food at the end. But cleaning? IT JUST NEVER ENDS! Besides which, it kills my back. My apartment was made to be wheelchair-friendly. Which is a lovely idea, except I am 5'11"! My fiancee is not a fan of cleaning, either. So we have an agreement. We let it go up until a point. when the point is reached, we clean.

I'm not a big fan of cleaning, either, so I tend to do it in waves. I have an upright bagless vacuum that gets rolled out now and then to evict all the cat hair from the downstairs carpet, and every time I vacuum I end up with enough cat hair to build a litter of kittens. Dishes and laundry I try to stay on top of, and I wipe down the kitchen counter and keep the dining room table clear.

When I cook anything more labour-intensive than a hamburger, I have the sink full of soapy water and wash the bowls and pots and utensils while things are cooking. That way, I can just sit down and enjoy the meal when it's done.

Anything more than that? *meh* Only if I'm throwing a party or expecting houseguests.

I hate cleaning almost as much as I hate rain. I keep the kitchen reasonably clean, but my bathroom has probably been condemned by the city of Anchorage several times and I just don't know it. It generally gets cleaned every few weeks when it gets to the point that even I can't stand it! When I do clean it, I try to remember to notify the proper authorities so they can be prepared for the sanitation emergency coming at them through the pipes. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

My computer room is chronically cluttered. I don't honestly like it that way, but I can never seem to get motivated enough to do something about it. Except occasionally, for five minutes. And then something more fun will present itself.

Glory!

I detest, loathe, abhor, am repulsed by, hostility towards, resentful, hatred and could spuke the venom of poison at housework!

To make things worse, I am a clean freak….you just don’t want to live with me when it's messy……

High maintenance, OCD housework bitch, is what I am…..firedevil.gif I have relaxed a little over the years.wink.png

Take me on vacation, I’m just fine!! You'd even like me!! FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

• Like 1

LOL I'm glad I'm not alone here!

But I have a confession to make. There have been times when I have hidden the dirty dishes in one of the cupboards, which is generally kept clear for such a purpose. When someone is coming at short notice, and the dishes are piled up, well, I just make sure that I have mugs for cuppas and I hide the rest lol. It works great- except for the one time I forgot that they were in there, and I kind of fermented something. OOPS! But I'm not the only one in this household with a propensity to ferment- my fiancee once fermented some clothes. He had them soaking in vinegar (don't ask me why, even I know not to go there) and for got about them, and I couldn't work out for the life of me where that smell was coming from LOL. We're great fermenters here LOL

I like to clean when there are more loathsome tasks to be done, like grading papers.

I don't mind cleaning--it's just another thing to do.

I can always find something better to do :P

That being said, we did pull our finger out today and clean. And I even managed to bake cookies! And for once, the in-laws turned up when the place was clean lol

I can always find something better to do tongue.png

That being said, we did pull our finger out today and clean. And I even managed to bake cookies! And for once, the in-laws turned up when the place was clean lol

3.gifYay pudd! 58.gifYou got me cravin' some cookies now!!

I don’t hate cleaning. I’m just not very good at it. In fact, I enjoy days when I can stay at home, turn up the tunes, and putter around the house. Unfortunately, as I attempt to clean I actually cycle through the house making bigger and bigger messes. You know you can’t clean the bedroom until you empty the closet and totally reorganize. Of course, once everything is out of the closet and spread around the room and I’ve found those new towels in the back of closet, the urge to start cleaning the bathroom is overwhelming. But, the shower curtain needs to come down and get washed and oh, my goodness, I forgot I was going to organize these drawers in the laundry room. Wow, look! Here is that tool I needed to fix the lawnmower and I need to mow the grass this weekend! Oh, no, this shed is a mess and I really meant to wash down the outside of it before company comes over next weekend… By the end of the day, I have created one hell of a mess. Of course, before my company arrives the next weekend, I have to scurry around the house hiding the mess in any available closet, cabinet, drawer and of course, the shed. There is one good thing about this strange behavior. I am never bored! smile.png

• Like 1

I can always find something better to do tongue.png

3.gifYay pudd! 58.gifYou got me cravin' some cookies now!!

lol I made an absolutely huge batch of peanut butter cookies. The eggs were going to go off if I didn't use them, and I waste eggs A LOT. I try not to eat them too much, after I spent six months eating bacon and eggs every day and ended up with a cholesterol reading of 5.8, from which I've never quite recovered lol

I don’t hate cleaning. I’m just not very good at it. In fact, I enjoy days when I can stay at home, turn up the tunes, and putter around the house. Unfortunately, as I attempt to clean I actually cycle through the house making bigger and bigger messes. You know you can’t clean the bedroom until you empty the closet and totally reorganize. Of course, once everything is out of the closet and spread around the room and I’ve found those new towels in the back of closet, the urge to start cleaning the bathroom is overwhelming. But, the shower curtain needs to come down and get washed and oh, my goodness, I forgot I was going to organize these drawers in the laundry room. Wow, look! Here is that tool I needed to fix the lawnmower and I need to mow the grass this weekend! Oh, no, this shed is a mess and I really meant to wash down the outside of it before company comes over next weekend… By the end of the day, I have created one hell of a mess. Of course, before my company arrives the next weekend, I have to scurry around the house hiding the mess in any available closet, cabinet, drawer and of course, the shed. There is one good thing about this strange behavior. I am never bored! smile.png

I'm hearing you, noob. That is me all over hehe :P Oh, the treasures I find when I clean- books I wanted to read and totally forgot about (you know what happens next!), paperwork I MUST file right NOW, long-lost articles of clothing that would go so well with that new (insert whatever article of clothing/pair of shoes here), a favourite toy of the kitten's (we've got to play with it!), and don't get me started on the bridal magazines! Or the photos I always meant to post and never got around to- I'll post them after I have a cuppa! (I still haven't gotten around to posting them :/) I actually need my fiancee's help to stay focused. I just can't be left to my own devices when I decide to clean, because I never get anything finished!

• Like 1

I'm one of those people who swears that I can find things more easily when my room is a disaster area. I hate it when I know exactly where something is, then someone ELSE goes in and cleans obsessively and then half my shit is missing. I STILL can't find a good deal of the things my OCD aunt has "cleaned."

lmao_99.gif Oh my god noob, this sounds like me!! thanks for the laugh!! This is good!

I'm hearing you, noob. That is me all over hehe tongue.png Oh, the treasures I find when I clean- books I wanted to read and totally forgot about (you know what happens next!), paperwork I MUST file right NOW, long-lost articles of clothing that would go so well with that new (insert whatever article of clothing/pair of shoes here), a favourite toy of the kitten's (we've got to play with it!), and don't get me started on the bridal magazines! Or the photos I always meant to post and never got around to- I'll post them after I have a cuppa! (I still haven't gotten around to posting them :/) I actually need my fiancee's help to stay focused. I just can't be left to my own devices when I decide to clean, because I never get anything finished!

OCD is a bitch! I just pretend I don't have it so they don't put me on medication!!

Noob, Off Topic. Where did you find the Watson quote? That is definitely him! I have been at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory for decades and have had numerous dealings with him. Good, bad or indifferent, when he speaks, it is always interesting.

The one thing that he said to me that has stuck with me is that every disease that we (you and me) will ever get, we were born with. The longer I live, the more I think he is right.

The mother in law needs ammunition young lady. Attempt to serve her something to drink out of a dirty cup. That will give her something to do and say. Otherwise, don't worry yourself. Have a clean weekend......if you want.

I detest, loathe, abhor, am repulsed by, hostility towards, resentful, hatred and could spuke the venom of poison at housework!

To make things worse, I am a clean freak….you just don’t want to live with me when it's messy……

High maintenance, OCD housework bitch, is what I am…..firedevil.gif I have relaxed a little over the years.wink.png

Sounds like I missed my soul mate Margee. If the wife should leave me, I callin.

I can't believe someone hasn't said it already in this thread...

Everyone knows "cleanliness is next to godliness!"

So it logically follows that without god, there is not impetus to be clean! Hehehehe

• Like 2

Sounds like I missed my soul mate Margee. If the wife should leave me, I callin.

End - We'll blast some good christian tunes for you, jesus.gif (I'll play disco happydance.gif ) and we'll keep it perfect together!! LOl

I can't believe someone hasn't said it already in this thread...

Everyone knows "cleanliness is next to godliness!"

So it logically follows that without god, there is not impetus to be clean! Hehehehe

LOL I'm stealing that! tongue.png

Hey puddin, Me I can't deal with a mess...Chef=Clean or I go nuts, I make G Ramsey look soft. Having a small house helps,an hour and a half cleans the shit out of 1200 sq. ft. and the hubby is a moderate cleaner so the ass-kicking clean lasts a while. The yard is what I hate with a purple passion.I got so fed up with cutting the grass last year I sprayed it with poison and green dye...Dead as hell and still green LOL

I'm just havin' a ton of fun deciphering the aussie english. Funny as hell,as I'm from Alabama and have only been around one kiwi for a short length of time.