Goodbye Jesus

I Hate Cleaning!

blackpudd1n

My sweetheart has OCD and while I like clean, there is a difference between dirt and clutter. Honey just can't understand that. I use the horizontal strata method of filing and I had to train her early on not to rearrange my notes by putting the large ones on the bottom and the small ones on top.

When she has a cleaning seizure, I leave the house. She calls it her "panzer unit," and she has a checklist she made up that takes her from the back of the house to the front. Most recently, she spent three days of spare time cleaning the tile in our bathroom. It's all fine with me as I like neat and clean although I do have to remind her from time to time that we do not live in a museum. I have two zones that are mine and off-limits to the panzer unit: my two desks in our home office and one counter in the laundry room. I've often joked that I'll have to put her on meds if I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and come back to find the bed made.

Hey puddin, Me I can't deal with a mess...Chef=Clean or I go nuts, I make G Ramsey look soft. Having a small house helps,an hour and a half cleans the shit out of 1200 sq. ft. and the hubby is a moderate cleaner so the ass-kicking clean lasts a while. The yard is what I hate with a purple passion.I got so fed up with cutting the grass last year I sprayed it with poison and green dye...Dead as hell and still green LOL

I'm just havin' a ton of fun deciphering the aussie english. Funny as hell,as I'm from Alabama and have only been around one kiwi for a short length of time.

lol I love your solution for dealing with the mowing!

My yard will resemble a jungle in the summer and the house really only gets the once over when we know we are going to have out of town visitors. If my parents think I'm crazy...I just tell them they are free to pitch in and help...Wendyshrug.gif

lol that's very true- after all your parents don't live there :P

My sweetheart has OCD and while I like clean, there is a difference between dirt and clutter. Honey just can't understand that. I use the horizontal strata method of filing and I had to train her early on not to rearrange my notes by putting the large ones on the bottom and the small ones on top.

When she has a cleaning seizure, I leave the house. She calls it her "panzer unit," and she has a checklist she made up that takes her from the back of the house to the front. Most recently, she spent three days of spare time cleaning the tile in our bathroom. It's all fine with me as I like neat and clean although I do have to remind her from time to time that we do not live in a museum. I have two zones that are mine and off-limits to the panzer unit: my two desks in our home office and one counter in the laundry room. I've often joked that I'll have to put her on meds if I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and come back to find the bed made.

Tell your sweetheart she's welcome anytime to my bathroom tiles lol. The floor tiles are dark grey and porous- what idiot thought of that?! I've cried many tears over those bathroom tiles- I'd get down on my hands and knees and scrub, with the heaviest duty shit I could find, and I'd think, wow! It worked... until the tiles dried and I realised they still looked filthy. The soap scum was awful, I could never get it off... That is, until the day they put Easy-Off BAM! Bathroom Foam on the supermarket shelves. I never thought I'd say this, but I love a cleaning product. I mean, I hate cleaning to begin with, so to put all that effort in, for no real gain was just heart-breaking!

Fortunately, my wife likes to clean, which I hate (I'm a great mess maker though) and I like to cook, which she is ambivalent about so it all works out well for us. I do get grumbles about the mess I leave in the kitchen when I cook though, so I try to clean up after myself as much as possible.

I always left the kitchen a first class disaster area after I cooked, much to the annoyance of my wife. When I lived alone I didn't think of it as a big deal at all, since I considered the time for cleaning the kitchen to be after eating dinner (which I did, sometimes)! It's taken 13 years of marriage, but I've actually gotten much better at cleaning as I go along now.

LOL I'm glad I'm not alone here!

But I have a confession to make. There have been times when I have hidden the dirty dishes in one of the cupboards, which is generally kept clear for such a purpose. When someone is coming at short notice, and the dishes are piled up, well, I just make sure that I have mugs for cuppas and I hide the rest lol. It works great- except for the one time I forgot that they were in there, and I kind of fermented something. OOPS! But I'm not the only one in this household with a propensity to ferment- my fiancee once fermented some clothes. He had them soaking in vinegar (don't ask me why, even I know not to go there) and for got about them, and I couldn't work out for the life of me where that smell was coming from LOL. We're great fermenters here LOL

One time, years ago, I had to throw out a shirt because I threw it on a pear which ended up fermenting and ruining the shirt. I think I've neatened up over the years such that something like that could never happen again, but it's hard to separate from the dynamic that exists between the entire family. We've settled for the "lived in, but not filthy" look.

One time, years ago, I had to throw out a shirt because I threw it on a pear which ended up fermenting and ruining the shirt. I think I've neatened up over the years such that something like that could never happen again, but it's hard to separate from the dynamic that exists between the entire family. We've settled for the "lived in, but not filthy" look.

Yeah, we're about the same. I can handle messy, but I can't handle dirty. And I hate bad smells with a passion!! If there's a smell, it must found, it must be gotten rid of! When my kitten was toilet training, she drove me up the wall! She seemed to be taking exceptionally long to toilet train. Then one day, I changed their litter over from a biodegradable one (I was trying to do the right thing by the environment!) to the crystals. from that day on, we never had another problem with her using the litter tray. It turns out she hates odours more than I do, and the crystals do a better job of locking in odours, and there's one in particular that she likes. You should see me panic when there's none on the shelves at the shops- I hunt down shelf packers, and beg them to have a look to see if there is any out the back. I think they've gotten to know that look on my face, the wide-eyed desperation at the thought of the consequences of bringing home a different type of litter lol!