Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Throws His Friend Off Roof And Kills Him!

Margee

I have been watching this series from the history channel. I must have missed it when it came out. Very interesting.silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

This comes from a book that did not make it into our 'holy' bible. The 'Infancy Gospel of Thomas.' Tells us more about jesus childhood. This part tells that he threw a friend off the roof!!! Wendytwitch.gif I'd say he was a little 'christer' according to this! You might find it interesting!

• Like 1

Jesus was Darth Vader of the Bronze Age.

• Like 1

Jesus was Darth Vader of the Bronze Age.

I also love the part in this 'book' where he was taking clay (on the sabbath) and making little sparrows from it and then they would fly away.eek.gif He got hollered at for working on the sabbath!! Wendytwitch.gif

• 2 weeks later...

the infancey of thomas is a very interesting document for christianity becuase jesus isnt the wonderful god he is mad out to be, there is even a place in there where is talks abou thow jesus blinded his teacher.

Actually, the way to look at this text is through these versus (which are used for the birth narratives):

Isaiah 7

14 For this cause the Lord himself will give you a sign; a young woman is now with child, and she will give birth to a son, and she will give him the name Immanuel. 15 Butter and honey will be his food, when he is old enough to make a decision between evil and good. 16 For before the child is old enough to make a decision between evil and good, the land whose two kings you are now fearing will have become waste.

The infancy gospel shows that this demi-god didn't pop out perfect like his daddy-god but more like us (and some more "traditional" gods of the day), where he had to learn right from wrong, or good and evil, by trial and error. It's just that when a god, or demi-god, makes an error it's on a much larger scale usually when we make mistakes. So he goes about his childhood and eventually becomes the all-good guy in the gospels after choosing that path.

mwc

It has to be the funniest book in the Bible, it reminds me of a John Waters movie where the protagonist would casually commit shockingly absurd crimes like killing people and raising fom the dead. This book is so twisted, it's hilarious!

The early church was all over the place with their Jesus story. It isn't until the 4th century that it starts to resemble the beliefs we recognize today. The Gospel of Thomas is a fantastic example of the nonstandard, Wild West, anything goes days of Christianity.

• Like 1