Goodbye Jesus

Bible Science - LMFAO

Celsus

I figure this is where I should post the e-mail I got today.

This is originally from www.carm.org

2. The Earth is suspended in nothing

. "He spreads out the northern [skies] over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing" (Job. 26:7, NIV).

Does anybody of you know alternative translations for this verse? I was searching here. Other meanings:
  • North: "or tsaphon {tsaw-fone'}; from 'tsaphan' (6845); properly, hidden, i.e. dark; used only of the north as a quarter (gloomy and unknown):--north(-ern, side, -ward, wind)."
  • And empty place: "from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain:--confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness."
  • Hangeth: "a primitive root; to suspend (especially to gibbet):--hang (up)."
  • Earth: "from an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land):--X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X natins, way, + wilderness, world."
  • Nothing: "from 'bliy' (1097) and 'mah' (4100); (as indef.) nothing whatever:--nothing."

Only nothing seems quite sure. I guess with the other words a different sentence can be made too.

And what does Job. 26:5 mean? "Dead [things] are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof." Is the location of the underworld beneath the waters?

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

This is just a sampling for you. Care to explain how the greeks would have known this, if God never blessed them with divine knowledge, as you say about your jews?

*sniff, sniff* "What the..."

Back the holy ghost train up just one minute. This is the Cum Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc; 'with this, therefore because of this' fallacy.

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and tastes like shit, it must be shit.