Goodbye Jesus

Permission To Do Evil

Guest Ronin

One thing that makes the world full of evil is this Christian idea of forgiveness of sins. Here is the

problem with that. The Bible says that he who confesses their sins with a sincere heart will be forgiven.

It also doesn't help that the Bible also says thay we are naturally evil and as long as we walk this earth we are guilty of sin. Ok, let me explain how this affects society in a bad way. This way of thinking has caused some people to believe that it is ok to sin as long as one day down the road, u beg for forgiveness and start going 2 church. So that means that some people seem to be intentionally doing evil actions because they are so confident that feeling sorry for it later will make things right. This.is a total load of bullshit. How can a person consider themselves to be good if they are intentionaally doing evil but the plan is yo later on accept Jesus, apologize and then fly straight. Seems to me that this way of thinking will make a person feel no guilt at all because that person will feel that being evil is natural so therefore the person might as well go ahead and commit an evil act as long as he or she begs for forgiveness later on in life. This is one reason why I reject the Christian belief that we are all evil while we're on earth.

In my spirituality, the only way a person can be forgiven for their sins is if they make a true commitment to never do evil again and live a righteous life to show their dedication to being good. I understand that maybe we all have commited some form of evil, but that doesn't mean that we have to

accept evil as though its ok as long as we feel sorry later on. Feeling sorry for something doesn't change the fact of the negative consequence that happened because of a sin. My spirituality encourages total separation from evil actions, Christianity seems to make it look like its ok for a limited time in your life

Earlier this year I came to a point where I decided that I had to be able to live with every decision I made. I had to accept the consequences of every action. And I had to be able to look at myself in the mirror, and decide if I did the right thing, and I didn't, to make amends and actively work to not do such a thing again. And the funny thing was, that I became a more principled person by doing so. My moral standard became higher than it was when I just thought, oh, jesus will forgive me. When I started answering to myself, I started to become aware of all the wrongs I used to just turn a blind eye to. And I found that I could no-longer just turn a blind eye. I became a more ethical person when I started answering to myself, instead of answering to god. I was astounded, because it flew in the face of everything the church had taught me for so long.

This is one of the things that stands out to me in my post-christian life....as a believer I never considered the moral ramifications of my protestant theology. But now, the idea that someone is admitted into heaven based on their correct belief or correct theology IRREGARDLESS of behavior...is well...INSANE! Really, what a shitty religion.

I remember, when i was in ministry, being asked by someone- "If Hitler said the sinner's prayer on his deathbed, would he get into heaven?" And I unabashedly announced that of course he would! But the most honest, good, and upright person in the jungles of south america would unfortunately go to hell because they had never heard of nor accepted Jesus as their savior.

So yes, why would you worry about being too good, when your righteousness is "as filthy rags" anyway? Especially if you are a Calvinist! If you are part of the elect, nothing you can do can change that!

• Like 1

So yes, why would you worry about being too good, when your righteousness is "as filthy rags" anyway? Especially if you are a Calvinist! If you are part of the elect, nothing you can do can change that!

Its almost as if righteous behaviour has very little value to the Christian religion, I see why so many Christians seem to feel that its

ok to steal, kill and tell unnecessary lies

• Like 1