Goodbye Jesus

Does Your Mouth Get You In Trouble?

Gamecock1973

I have had a foul mouth for decades. It started when I was a fundamentalist. I got it from my work environment. Yet that work environment was one of the few that allowed me to go to Church five times a week and it had been picked out for me by a Word from the LORD given by a gen-u-wine prophet. I prayed for deliverance and it never came. I struggled with guilt and shame. I never understood why Jesus couldn't take my foul language away. It was very troubling.

Recently I have learned of the theory that profanity helps humans cope with suffering and pain.

''Out of the same mouth comes blessing and cursing''.......... (James 3:10).......you sinner! Repent and be saved!!firedevil.gif

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I have a friend that uses a few good ones:

Zombie, tap-dancing Christ

Sweet Mary on a pogostick

Madre de dios

I'm back with my family for the summer, and just a couple of nights ago I went to get a beer with a friend. The first thing my mum asked was if I was going to get drunk, and when she began talking about the evils of drink driving and too much alcohol I found myself muttering "Oh good lord...." It's not something I want to get into the habit of around them.

Before my descent into disbelief I began swearing a lot and I'd come to realise that 1) swearing wasn't such an offensive thing 2) it was actually kind of fun. I did say "Jesus tittyfucking Christ" a few times before I confirmed myself as a deconvert. I had kind of a fear of hellfire the first couple of times, but I think it was saying those words (I think I heard the phrase on South Park or Team America?) that helped me to make that final leap.

That saying, NZ is usually a pretty liberal country so no-one really minds if you swear too much.