Goodbye Jesus

Christian Relatives: Leave My Kid Alone

SleeplessGhost

Let me preface this rant by saying I don't hate Christians or even Christianity. They can believe in whatevery myths they choose as long as they allow me to do the same.

SO I get home from work tonight and find out that my daughter's great-grandmother has been telling her certain things about Wicca and Christianity. Like that people eat babies during rituals, that Jesus loves her, that ritual is weird, you know... things that would normally annoy me if it were not being taught to my four year old. Now I am just angry.

Really angry. My wife and I have resolved to not let great grandmother watch Kira unsupervised again (Yes, this is the most reasonable thing we can agree on) I am personally inclined to give the woman a stern talking to, but have been informed by the boss that that would not be a good idea. (The wife said no)

Just wanting to rip my hair out right now. I figured that I would have to put up with some bigotry when she went to school, but had hoped that we would be past this with family members.

I find family members more annoying than strangers when it comes to delivering that good ol' gospel. I can shut the door on strangers banging on the door but I am hesitant to throw out my 80+ year old relatives who visit when their gray cells are firing.

Same thing happened to one of my (adoptive) sisters when she was about the same age. Went to visit her fundy aunt and uncle, and mentioned that her grandmother (dad's mum) was a white witch. They told her her grandmother was in hell (she'd already passed away). My dad was furious- still is, and it was like 20 years ago.

There's really no point trying to argue with the family on this one- as far as they're concerned, they're doing the right thing by your daughter because you aren't. i think you've agreed to do the right thing- no more unsupervised visits, as grandma can't be trusted. It is so unfortunate, though- she's only harming the growth of her relationship with your daughter by saying shit like that.

I completely understand where they are comming from. That does not make what they did right as they would not want someone to teach their child about paganism.

Frankly I have had it with the child abusing world view of Christianity.

(1) god tells Abraham to kill his son, so it is taken to the brink of filicide.

(2) Jesus is actually offed by his dad (fer your benefit, no less, you bloodthirsty so and so

And these two stories are repeated over and over ad nauseum to kids in Church.

(3) 34″Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law 36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ 37 “Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; Matthew 10:34-37

(4) The Catholic Church has been a socially protected haven for child rape for god knows how long.

(5) Billy Graham sits up in the White House with the Bushes and 'prays' (to Satan?) as American young people are sent off to drop depleted uranium all over Iraq with the foreknowledge that their babies will be marinated and cooked in radiation. And the overwhelming majority of American churches did what exactly in this case?

(6) Telling fantastical tales with abandon of demons, fire, hell and being split from their families for eternity to little kids who have almost no defense mechanisms and suffer god knows how much psychological trauma and need how many years of therapy and support to get over it - if they ever do.

And this is a partial list that only begins to scratch the surface. It has taken me over 30 years to be able to understand, mitigate and deal with the fallout of all this in my own life.

Damaging or hurting kids is for psychopaths...

• Like 2