Goodbye Jesus

The Beautiful Rainbow

Margee

I don't know Margee, that it is all that bad. Essentially seven noticable colors of light all together.....white light. Sevenfold Spirit of God? Attaining these qualities is perhaps finding the treasure at the end of our path from beginning to end, Kind of how you look at things.

I dunno, End, I'd probably go in for the three primary colors being a metaphor for the trinity, instead. That is, of course, if I bought in to those kinds of fairy tales. dry.png

I don't know Margee, that it is all that bad. Essentially seven noticable colors of light all together.....white light. Sevenfold Spirit of God? Attaining these qualities is perhaps finding the treasure at the end of our path from beginning to end, Kind of how you look at things.

Sevenfold what? I don't think that I've heard of that before.

I never bought into the whole indigo-violet divide; I just called them purple because it matched the neat, organized colorwheel that they taught in art class. My rainbows have six colors.

Sevenfold what? I don't think that I've heard of that before.

I never bought into the whole indigo-violet divide; I just called them purple because it matched the neat, organized colorwheel that they taught in art class. My rainbows have six colors.

What??? How could roygbiv be wrong???tongue.png Hey if crayola makes it, it's there! I think you can search "sevenfold spirt of God" to get some insight. I never heard much on it myself.

end, no big 'pot' for me yet .........what about you?

Truthfully Margee, I am a pretty fortunate man. I have 3 healthy, seemingly well adjusted children, a semi mean wife that is probably what I need, and a place in the country to live....just an old farmhouse, but lots family time because it is small. And, my small business is doing decently......so all in all, it seems like I have already ladled out a scoop or three. And the kicker, when I am able to accomplish those qualities, it makes me feel better about who I am inside.

the point of the whole 'rainbow story' is about god making a vow to never wipe out his creation again? How do you decipher this? Jeeze end - he made us and then drown us???

Basically, we put people in prison for evil....and we execute people still.... and we kill people through war for pretty much the same reason that God does as stated:

Gen 6:5

The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

Here's a thought.....if this statement is correct, what kind of life would you expect to live under these conditions? Granted this moves towards a free will discussion, but let's not go there. Just saying that if it were all evil all the time, would you as not start over? We pull weeds from the garden. If disease enters our garden, we pull the plants and start over....just an analogy mind you.

end, no big 'pot' for me yet .........what about you?

Truthfully Margee, I am a pretty fortunate man. I have 3 healthy, seemingly well adjusted children, a semi mean wife that is probably what I need, and a place in the country to live....just an old farmhouse, but lots family time because it is small. And, my small business is doing decently......so all in all, it seems like I have already ladled out a scoop or three. And the kicker, when I am able to accomplish those qualities, it makes me feel better about who I am inside.

the point of the whole 'rainbow story' is about god making a vow to never wipe out his creation again? How do you decipher this? Jeeze end - he made us and then drown us???

Basically, we put people in prison for evil....and we execute people still.... and we kill people through war for pretty much the same reason that God does as stated:

Gen 6:5

The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

Here's a thought.....if this statement is correct, what kind of life would you expect to live under these conditions? Granted this moves towards a free will discussion, but let's not go there. Just saying that if it were all evil all the time, would you as not start over? We pull weeds from the garden. If disease enters our garden, we pull the plants and start over....just an analogy mind you.

No end,I can't agree.......I know you are smarter than this, my friend.......god can't be stupid - he made his creation. Y ou know that he could have done a better job - he's god!! Never mind the 'free will' argument - he could have worked around this somehow - even me and you could have complied a better plan.... c'mon end??

god works in mysterious ways,,,,

in my crazy days believing that crap,,,, when god says man is evil, then man is evil regardless new born or mother theresa for that matter as good works is like dirty rags to the fucking almighty him,,,,

many humans etched the killing of whales of dolphins nowadays, people weeped at poor child labor in 3rd world countries, and i believed a "good and just" god to flood the world,,,,,,,

and did human behave better than noahs time? no flood but eternal hell of fire for people to believe in a man to die on a cross,,,,

plezzzzz that warped logic is not for me,,,,

i love rainbow, especially when kermit sings it

• Like 1

I believed the story. Then I learned how things *really* worked...and I still believed it. It wasn't until college that I even began to think something was up. But I still believed it. I just switched from YEC to OEC then all sorts of things trying to get my brain to accept it all. I eventually did. Then I deconverted over some other crap about 10 years after that. Probably shouldn't have made the effort and saved a lot of trouble.

I feel stupid too when I look back and think that I spent 30 some odd years accepting every single word of those books as absolute fact that did happen or was going to happen. Even when faced with irrefutable facts to the opposite. You're not alone here. I've mentioned before that I remember visiting museums, seeing the dinosaurs on display, and flat-out denying their existence because they were not in the bible. Not co-existing with them but denying them outright because they were a "test" of our faith (whether by god or satan I don't know because I was taught one way by my grandma and another by my Baptist school). How crazy is that? Seeing is not believing when your "god" tells you that hell awaits you if you accept what your eyes are telling you.

Needless to say my science education was piss-poor and I had to take it upon myself to learn as much as I have. It's like some say here about sex. You can learn the mechanics but the xian mindset gets in and screws that all up making the whole thing "wrong." You know? The same with the sciences. Some things are just "wrong" even if they're technically right. Dinosaurs are just "wrong" for me even though I accept them and all we know about them and I doubt I'll get over it (maybe with more time and effort but it's not really worth it).

mwc

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I can't resist...

How does your god explain this?

rainbomb.gif

• Like 1

It's an animation....just make believe....lol.

Oops, I hope you didn't think I was targeting you with the nuclear rainboom. I was just being ridiculous in general. =P

Though, <insert witty comment about making beliefs here>. ...yeah, I'm coming down with something, and it's totally messing with my head. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Are you guys celebrating Thanksgiving now?

It's in two days, but things feel a little festive already.

Ah, okay. That would be why there was a picture of Tori Spelling buying turkeys in my trashy magazine this week. I didn't bother reading the caption. I just thought, "oh look, a celebrity at the supermarket. Big whoop." LOL

• Like 1

Ah, okay. That would be why there was a picture of Tori Spelling buying turkeys in my trashy magazine this week. I didn't bother reading the caption. I just thought, "oh look, a celebrity at the supermarket. Big whoop." LOL

I hope it was a few days ago--I think our turkey has been thawing for something like three days by now!

Today, I do most of my contribution by baking two pies. I fancy myself a decent cook, but I honestly don't think I could pull off cooking a Thanksgiving dinner. I think it's a logistical nightmare cooking such a large bird and such an elaborate meal with 4 stove burners and one oven.

I hope it was a few days ago--I think our turkey has been thawing for something like three days by now!

Today, I do most of my contribution by baking two pies. I fancy myself a decent cook, but I honestly don't think I could pull off cooking a Thanksgiving dinner. I think it's a logistical nightmare cooking such a large bird and such an elaborate meal with 4 stove burners and one oven.

I'm glad we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here (seeing as Halloween is starting to become popular). Not that we have a reason to- it would be like America celebrating Anzac Day or something. I just don't like turkey lol

I'm glad we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here (seeing as Halloween is starting to become popular). Not that we have a reason to- it would be like America celebrating Anzac Day or something. I just don't like turkey lol

That's my dirty little secret: it's not that I don't like turkey, it's just that I'm not AS enthusiastic about it as I am about the majority of other foods. It turns out that my wife and her family are the same, so the turkey tends to get a relatively lukewarm reception when there's all that other food to choose from and leave an oppressive amount of leftovers.

I try to be creative with leftovers. The one that I think improves the turkey the most is just to make a simple open faced sandwich on toast along these lines:

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add one cup milk mixed with 2 tablespoons of flour (it's WAAAAAY easier to mix by shaking in a lidded jar or lock & lock container than to try to stir the flour in and try to get out the lumps). Salt to your preference. Heat, stirring, until sauce thickens. Serve over toast and leftover turkey. Top with Fines Herbes or Herbes de Provence, and a little black pepper.

That's my dirty little secret: it's not that I don't like turkey, it's just that I'm not AS enthusiastic about it as I am about the majority of other foods. It turns out that my wife and her family are the same, so the turkey tends to get a relatively lukewarm reception when there's all that other food to choose from and leave an oppressive amount of leftovers.

I try to be creative with leftovers. The one that I think improves the turkey the most is just to make a simple open faced sandwich on toast along these lines:

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add one cup milk mixed with 2 tablespoons of flour (it's WAAAAAY easier to mix by shaking in a lidded jar or lock & lock container than to try to stir the flour in and try to get out the lumps). Salt to your preference. Heat, stirring, until sauce thickens. Serve over toast and leftover turkey. Top with Fines Herbes or Herbes de Provence, and a little black pepper.

That does sound quite nice :) Though it must be hard on the budget, Thanksgiving and Christmas being so close together!