Goodbye Jesus

I Know I Know,

Noumena

This is why I want to move to Europe one day. Then I can claim that the country was actually founded by Roman and Greek mythology. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

When I was still Christian, I heard this on a regular basis and simply accepted it as truth. Where I heard it most and still continue to hear it is on American Family Radio.

The first time that I actually questioned the "Christian Nation" myth was when my family and I went on a day trip to Monticello. It was there I learned about Thomas Jefferson taking all the miracles out of the Bible. To this day, I remember the hardly veiled expression of disgust my father wore when he heard that.

I don't think the Chrstian Nation thing is a myth, even if there were some that had other beliefs, most were Christians or said they were. Now, at least people can openly say they are not. That wasn't the case then. Even so, the bible was widely quoted as the standard of the day. Many of the laws and principals we live are biblical like it or not. That doesn't mean that since it's historical fact that we have to accept the oversight of religion today. But, like I said, it's fruitless to contend this nation was not a Christian nation just to further a cause today. It's just spinning your wheels to do that. They used the bible then to make the case for a fairer justice system, whether or not the bible talks about what seems unjust today. They used what was best from the bible for our benefit. Can we all move on now?

I do agree on this point. It is fruitless to argue, but it is liberating to be able to rant about it! Neither side will ever budge just like the way Congress is now. Many of our good laws and morals DID have a Biblical origin. I can't deny that. I just wish Christians could go and do their thing and leave the rest of us alone instead of imposing their beliefs on us on the basis that we are a "Christian Nation."

It's good to be liberated and certainly you seem to be!woohoo.gif