Goodbye Jesus

Creator God Is Good?

pratt

i am currently reading light philo just for the heck of it. One of the topics is causality which is also a contentious topic here in regards to the 1st cause.

THE WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY and HOW it all started.

My previous believe is the God of bible but after disbelief, well, it becomes all wide open.

My question is why must Creator be all good and all whatever.

Why can't it be a psychopath, created the big bang and see what happens?

Why can't the creator created the big bang and then die?

Why can't the creator be a schizoprenic, half evil half good?

Why must the Creator be good and alive?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Why must a Creator exist at all?

I mean, people need to demonstrate that a thing exists before attempting to assign specific attributes to it.

• Like 2

As far as we know, everything that has existed was caused by Physics. There really is no need for a supernatural being. If there is, great, but I doubt it's any of the monotheistic (G)ods that most people ascribe too. I like Lawrence Krauss' video where he explains how the Universe can be self-caused.

Pratt,I went through all of this in the last couple of years also. I know that WE have a perception of god being all good, all loving, all knowing, all everything.I don't know who the first person on earth started that firggin' belief!! But that's what we were taught.......and that's what I believed for many years.

I questioned myself...''Why couldn't the 'god' of the universe be good and evil'' and still be called 'god'? Then I thought, there is no purpose for that god except that 'he' made us,(started creation) made the earth the way it is, with all it's 'laws of nature'.This god has no power at all to influence us magically one way or the other, like we thought and we're taught to believe.

This 'power' that we called god, made the ship and left us to float it by ourselves.

The conclusion I am almost convinced of (98% of me).....................There is no purpose for god......... None

• 2 weeks later...

Without reading and studying the Bible, these questions would be hard to answer. I would recommend seriously studying the Bible as God's Revelation to mankind.

Without reading and studying the Bible, these questions would be hard to answer. I would recommend seriously studying the Bible as God's Revelation to mankind.

...wow, why didn't I ever think of doing that myself??! ugh.gifDragnTougnebeg.giftrt19ROFLPIMP.gif

• Like 1

That way we can learn that God is either insane, enjoys driving humans insane or both. Which is it? But then the new problem is why should we care about this insane God or driving humans insane God? Once God cannot be trusted then one wonders if investing anything in Christianity has a pay off. Maybe when you get to Judgment God is going to laugh at you and toss you into his eternal torture fetish anyway. The joke would be on you for wasting your life and being punished anyway.

Can I just remind you that the name of this site is 'ex-christian.net'. Ex-christian - as in, we have all been Christians at some stage! We have all studied it at some stage. Indeed, the fact that we studied it is probably the very reason why we are Christians no more, since once you do study it using the tools of logic and reason. you are forced to the conclusion that it makes no sense at all, and that if the God described there does exist, then he is an inconsistent, incompetent, petty, insecure, genocidal tyrant!

And indeed, in answer to the first question - there is absolutely no reason why, if a creator exists, he should necessarily be a morally perfect being. Indeed, many cultures throughout history never assumed that their gods were 'perfect.' The Ancient Greeks certainly didn't for instance. Their gods were flawed and imperfect just like human beings. Indeed, it's a very good question to ask a Christian - why do you believe that your God is good, simply based on his own claim that he is good? I mean, the people of North Korea are told all the time that Kim Jong Il is good. That doesn't make the claim true however. And besides, how is it even logically possible that any kind of sentient being could know themselves to be morally perfect, even if they somehow were!

• 4 weeks later...

I mean, people need to demonstrate that a thing exists before attempting to assign specific attributes to it.

Last time I check, the Big Bang and evolution were both only theories....

Guest Valk0010

So is gravity.

Guest wester

The need for a creator sets up all kinds of divisions and separations that drive people away from their natural connection to the universe and therefore themselves.

If there is a creator, then the world is the creator's artifact, not a living system from which you spring and grow.

The creator separates you from your mother. The idea of a creator alienates you from the physical world and turns you into a kind of ET that has been dropped into a prison planet.

And as David Hume asked, how do we know that the creator was not a mentally deficient runt-god? Why not a god-collective who delegated some tasks like giraffe intestines to a drunk god or skipped some other parts because a few in the collective were on strike?

Seeing the universe as a unity with yourself inside it, springing from it and not dropping into it, makes much more sense to me.

Why start splitting things into something/nothing, creator/artifact, Dr. Frankenstein/ his monster? etc...etc... when it makes just as much sense to see the universe as always being as a single totality.

Free your mind and your ass will follow

• Like 1

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat01.html

2. Isn't evolution just a theory that remains unproven? spacer.gif In science, a theory is a rigorously tested statement of general principles that explains observable and recorded aspects of the world. A scientific theory therefore describes a higher level of understanding that ties "facts" together. A scientific theory stands until proven wrong -- it is never proven correct. The Darwinian theory of evolution has withstood the test of time and thousands of scientific experiments; nothing has disproved it since Darwin first proposed it more than 150 years ago. Indeed, many scientific advances, in a range of scientific disciplines including physics, geology, chemistry, and molecular biology, have supported, refined, and expanded evolutionary theory far beyond anything Darwin could have imagined.

Guest wester

I have a theory that some on this thread (including me perhaps) are just holographic script bots.

However, this is just a theory.

I have a theory that some on this thread (including me perhaps) are just holographic script bots.

However, this is just a theory.

Theory: a system of ideas to explain something.

Everyday mom ideas for unique gifts.

Which celebrity moms have another one on the way?

Moms who wear jeans to match their teen's jeans!

I haven't heard that apologist response in a long time! :HaHa: Brings up old memories...

You're showing your cards and lack of knowledge by making such an argument.

Theory. Look up the difference between colloquial use and scientific use. Learn the difference. Try to understand it. And then you'll see it's not "only" some guess.

Why must the Creator be good and alive?

Here's my take on it. After much study into biology, I've come into a conclusion that life is about fabrication; life is creative to the core. So to call creators good is too call living beings good. The drawback is, as you have mentioned... not all other living beings are good to us. If a mosquito is given the opportunity it will suck your blood. It is engaged in its own creation, but at your expense.

Ah, but there are also many organisms with whom we have a symbiotic relationship.

Anyway.... just some thoughts.