Goodbye Jesus

My Awful Nightmare

blackpudd1n

It's just after 5am, and I was woken up by the most awful nightmare.

I was Lauren, one of the girls who was ex-communicated by the Westboro Baptist Church. They were all being really nice to me, and had reached out to me and invited me home for Christmas (though I'm pretty sure they don't celebrate Christmas). So my fiancee and I made the long journey back there, and everyone was really nice to me. We were in church, and suddenly my dad (Lauren's actual dad) grabbed me and took off my clothes and put me on a table in front of everyone- they were going to make me a burnt offering and poured gasoline all over me. I managed to get up and scream at them, and I was looking for my fiancee but could not find him. The girl who had been my best friend was coming towards me with a lit match, and I could see no way out but to grab the gasoline and throw it on her so she burst into flames and then I ran out of there, naked and covered in gasoline. I found a cop and I was crying, telling him what had happened and that I was sorry. The girl who was burning refused to be put out, saying she wanted to sacrifice herself for God.

This is what I just woke up from. It was absolutely awful.

My fiancee has made me a cup of tea, but I still can't shake those horrible images. The nightmares went away for months- I don't know why they have decided to return now. Oh, and to top it all off, I was engaging in a little comfort eating, and took a bite out of my last peanut butter cookie, put it down, and the puddin, Wednesday, got to it :( Damn cat- I needed that cookie!

• Like 1

Go buy yourself a whole bag of cookies, bp. After a nightmare like that you deserve to eat them all.

Blimey, what a horrible nightmare! I prescribe cookies too, and soothing music, and cuddling with cats and/or nice humans.

Interesting you should post that. Last night (Friday here) a U.S. TV news magazine 20/20 had a segment on Lauren and her family. Her dad is one determined idiot.

Religion is a fascinating illness.

O.O

*hugs*

Thanks guys :) Until this year I can't honestly say that I actually knew what a real nightmare was. They tormented me for a few months earlier this year and then stopped just as suddenly as they started. I really hope they aren't starting up again.

I watched a segment about Lauren and her family after the nightmare this morning, on YouTube. I knew she'd been ex-communicated, because I'd seen Louis Theroux's documentary, America's Most Hated Family In Crisis a while ago. I think I just needed to know that the nightmare wasn't real. I felt so connected to her in some weird way this morning. I didn't know that the 20/20 episode had aired over there. We sometimes get that show here, but I don't actually know when, or if it's a regular thing, or how far behind in episodes we are. Considering I watched CSI Miami and CSI (my weekly trashy tv fix) before going to bed, I have no fucking idea where this dream came from, nor what triggered it. I guess it's back to sleeping with the lights on for me :/

Have you tried hot coco? I like hot coco after a bad dream. Either that or herbal tea. I send you a cup of virtual hot coco. coffee_99.gif

We are lucky. I can post any critique I want about Christianity and I don't have to fear inquest, house arrest, or being put on trial. The only thing I fear is all the gossip and proselytizing that Christians are known for. Some people can't criticize the religion they were indoctrinated in. I feel sorry for those who lived in another era when Christianity had the power to hurt anybody who spoke against it. But really we are safe.

Hug your kitties. Hug your family. Sweet dreams.

Thanks for the hot chocolate, MM :)

I think I know now what caused my nightmare. And what caused them in the first place, and why the first lot stopped. I don't really feel comfortable talking about it here, but it is tied up with religion and trust. They haven't all had an overwhelming religious theme like this one, but the main theme is always the same- fear. There was one particularly horrible one, where everyone was being really horrible to me, and I was a prisoner. I had been sentenced to death, and I was desperate to say goodbye to my family, but they wouldn't let me. Right up until the end, when they encased me in this horrible metal container and were injecting the poisons into me, I was pleading with them to let me see my family, and they wouldn't. I woke up from that one crying my eyes out, it was just so awful. For a while there I was so afraid to sleep.

I'm so fortunate to have my fiancee there when I wake up from the nightmares. Even the puddins are great- Bruce isn't the most affectionate of cats, but he always comes to me when I'm upset. I'm going to have to deal with these nightmares, and in the process of doing so, I've got a feeling they're going to get worse before they can get better :(

Dammit, why can't I have a good nightmare like that? (Yes, I actually like having nightmares.)

Dammit, why can't I have a good nightmare like that? (Yes, I actually like having nightmares.)

I'll send the next one your way :P

I'll send the next one your way tongue.png

Have you seen Sleepy Hollow with Jonny Depp? There was one scene that covered the real attitude Christians had for other religions. It's the main character's memory of his mother's death and how he got his own scars.

Have you seen Sleepy Hollow with Jonny Depp? There was one scene that covered the real attitude Christians had for other religions. It's the main character's memory of his mother's death and how he got his own scars.

Nah, I don't watch many movies to begin with, mainly because I'm deaf as all hell and I can never work out what is going on in the movie and annoy everyone around me by asking "what did they say?" all the time. If I remember to get a dvd out, and it doesn't have subtitles, I don't always bother to watch it. It's too damn annoying without subtitles.

• Like 1

Wow, what nightmares. Mine always suck. Usually the same crap, some alien or monster chasing me around my grandparents old farm. Its been a while since I have had one that wakes me up scared or wondering if its real.

Nah, I don't watch many movies to begin with, mainly because I'm deaf as all hell and I can never work out what is going on in the movie and annoy everyone around me by asking "what did they say?" all the time. If I remember to get a dvd out, and it doesn't have subtitles, I don't always bother to watch it. It's too damn annoying without subtitles.

Ramen, bro, I'm deaf too and I share your pain. It's a fact of life that I can't stand unsubtitled DVDs. It was me who +1'd you.

• Like 1

Ramen, bro, I'm deaf too and I share your pain. It's a fact of life that I can't stand unsubtitled DVDs. It was me who +1'd you.

...And I, +1'd you :P

It sure as hell is frustrating being deaf. I once lobbed a security guard one. he walked up behind me, so I didn't hear him approaching, and didn't say anything until he was almost next to my ear. Scared me so bad I turned around and whacked him one as a reflex action, and then yelled at him for sneaking up behind a deaf person. Poor bastard didn't know what hit him. And there's no way in hell I could be charged with assault over it, either- my hearing loss has been documented since the age of three. And I've lost count of the number of times I've nearly been hit by cars, along with a couple of buses. Bloody dangerous world out there when you can't hear properly!!

...And I, +1'd you tongue.png

It sure as hell is frustrating being deaf. I once lobbed a security guard one. he walked up behind me, so I didn't hear him approaching, and didn't say anything until he was almost next to my ear. Scared me so bad I turned around and whacked him one as a reflex action, and then yelled at him for sneaking up behind a deaf person. Poor bastard didn't know what hit him. And there's no way in hell I could be charged with assault over it, either- my hearing loss has been documented since the age of three. And I've lost count of the number of times I've nearly been hit by cars, along with a couple of buses. Bloody dangerous world out there when you can't hear properly!!

Nothing as bad as that but I've certainly been frightened by people walking up to me when I was focusing on something else. It's pretty hard to scare me unless a person is a serial killer type or somnething like that but sneaking up does do that.

Also: I find it annoying when I lost all of my pens so I could communicate with people, it's a perennial problem. Ah, the "cross" you bear. :P

...And I, +1'd you tongue.png

Nothing as bad as that but I've certainly been frightened by people walking up to me when I was focusing on something else. It's pretty hard to scare me unless a person is a serial killer type or somnething like that but sneaking up does do that.

Also: I find it annoying when I lost all of my pens so I could communicate with people, it's a perennial problem. Ah, the "cross" you bear. tongue.png

I have quite good speech, due to years and years of speech therapy. Most people just think I come from another country because my deaf accent is soft. Do you speak as well? I never learned how to sign, they decided when i was young not to teach me and to integrate me into the hearing community. I understand deaf speak, so I tend to just speak with those who are profoundly deaf. I think they like being able to speak and being understood. I know my speech is becoming worse, though, as my hearing gets worse with age. One of the medications I take causes hearing loss, which I didn't need anymore of :/

I don't wear my aids because they annoy the hell out of me. The world is too loud with them in. I have wondered what I would do if I ever go profoundly deaf. I was initially against the idea of a cochlear implant, but the thought of never hearing Metallica again kind of sways me in the direction of getting one, should I ever need to :P

Hey, Blackpudd1n, have you discovered the pure aural bliss that is Iron Maiden?