Goodbye Jesus

My Dumbarse Teenage Borther's Latest Exploits

blackpudd1n

So, one of my darling younger brothers is at it again.

You'd think that, having gotten to the ripe old age of 17, and narrowly avoiding Juvie a few times for such minor goings-on as lighting fires, jumping on cars in a car yard, and being involved in in a push-bike stealing ring (yeah, my dad had fun having a chat with the local former president of an outlaw bikie gang when it was discovered that his kid's bmx, worth $3000, was one of the ones stolen), that maybe, just maybe, my darling younger brother had learned a lesson or two, right? Wrong.

Turns out he has been caught riding a motorbike. He was caught because he was riding it one-wheeled up and down a residential street. First of all, he's unlicensed. Second of all? The bike's stolen.

The cops told him that they have CCTV footage of the bike being stolen. If he came clean, they were willing to let him off with a caution. He denies any knowledge of the bike being stolen. Thing is, he's living with, and got the bike from, the same kids he used steal push-bikes with. IF he hasn't been caught on tape while the bike was being stolen, he'll get off with riding unlicensed. If he was there, and therefore knew the bike was most definitely stolen, he's going to court for receiving stolen goods. At this stage, the tape hasn't been watched yet.

The other thing the dumbfuck didn't think of, is that he turns 18 in March. If this goes to court, there's no guarantee that he will be tried as a juvenile. If he gets tried as an adult, there goes a shitload of opportunities right there.

Dumbfuck. Of course he knew the bike was stolen. He'd better fucking hope he wasn't caught on tape with the idiots stealing the bike around the time the crime was committed. As for the idiots that stole the bike, EVERYONE knows the cameras are there in that spot. And as if he wasn't going to get fucking caught doing fucking wheelies in broad fucking daylight in a residential area. And in a fucking street with fucking kids in it. Fucking fuckwit!

Do you enjoy being angry with him Blackpuddin? Maybe just a little?

Do you enjoy being angry with him Blackpuddin? Maybe just a little?

Nah it just fucking really pisses me off. He was doing so fucking well a few months ago, really getting his shit together. He's gotten his shit together a couple of times in the past then gone back on it all and hurt mum and dad really bad. This last time, we all thought it was going to stick. I mean, he wasn't growing up in any earth-shattering way, but he was doing really well for him, and he had come so far. Then a couple of months ago he just fucking ups and leaves, making up a bullshit story about him and dad having a fight (dad wasn't even in town on that day, and I know for a fact that the fight never happened), and falls in with the same bunch of fuckwits that he gets into trouble with every time. I mean Jesus fucking Christ, like a week before last Christmas he just pissed off, and we were all trying to find him. And after that, up until a couple of months ago, he was doing SO fucking well this year! I'm just so fucking disappointed and upset, and mum and dad are upset to all hell. Mum blames herself every time shit like this goes down. Every time he fucking gets into the pot, this sort of shit starts up all over again. Off the pot, he's a nice kid. As soon as he gets on it again, his whole personality changes, and he just doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself, and hurts everyone else. And people wonder why I fucking hate drugs so much. How the fuck do you go through this sort of shit and not end up hating the shit? Fuck.

Don't blame it on the weed. The weed didn't do any of that shit. If weed made people do stupid stuff, I'd have a record as long as your arm. The fact is, some people who smoke weed do stupid things.

And of course, weed never makes anyone paranoid or psychotic, either, right?

I don't know. I have never known it to make anyone psychotic, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I've known a few guys who got a little nervous when high, but not what I would call paranoid. I don't intend to tout my experience as proof of the product's benignity, but almost forty years of uniformly positive results is something that deserves consideration.Wendyshrug.gif

Different things affect different people differently. Nyquil helps me sleep, but it gives my wife horrible nightmares.

I don't know. I have never known it to make anyone psychotic, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I've known a few guys who got a little nervous when high, but not what I would call paranoid. I don't intend to tout my experience as proof of the product's benignity, but almost forty years of uniformly positive results is something that deserves consideration.Wendyshrug.gif

Different things affect different people differently. Nyquil helps me sleep, but it gives my wife horrible nightmares.

Yes, and my point of view has been shaped by different experiences. Like time I have spent in psych wards. Meeting people like this one girl, smoked one cone and ended up with the nice little diagnosis of "schizo-affective disorder". Or the guy who only smoked bush, NOT hydroponic, weed for years, thinking it was safer. Yeah, he got a nice 7-week stint in the psych ward with drug-induced psychosis, and discharged with about 6 tablets a day to take. Me, I have half a cone and spend the next three months paranoid.

That's the thing. It does affect everyone differently, and if it's going to get you, you'll never know when. I know a nurse who, as part of her training, was shown four brains in jars: The healthy brain, the alcoholic brain, the pot smoker's brain, and the geriatric brain. They were told to work out which brain was which. They all got the alcoholic and healthy brain right. They all picked the wrong brain for the pot smoker's. The pot smoker's brain was actually worse than the geriatric brain. That was all she ever needed to see. Never touched a single bud again.

I do, however, acknowledge that I have an extreme sensitivity. I don't even drink coffee, not even a weak one. It makes me shaky, makes my heart race, and leaves me feeling like shit. I don't have a tolerance for much more than tea.

Puddin', I have to seize this opportunity to agree with Ro. Marijuana is not the culprit here.

Sounds to me like your brother just wants to do what he wants to do and consequences be damned.

I agree with blackpudd1n, pot may have mild effects on most people but that doesn't mean its harmless. One girl at my middle school who smoked it for the first time ended up having to be rushed to the hospital because her heart rhythm was affected by it. And I don't rule out pot having behavioral effects on certain people.

And I know a guy who hallucinates if he takes a regular dose of Advil.

Wierd stuff.

Your brother makes me think of my cousin, who got in trouble with the law 5 times, though fortunately he actually did finally get his shit together (well, for the most part) by the time he was 18. We were all wondering what was going to happen to him since he was doing stupid things, and he was of course heavily involved with drugs (he sold them too, he later told us, and gave the sage advice that "crack isn't worth it"), but he actually did change his behavior and stop the criminal nonsense like stealing from stores and such. How, I don't know.

He's at least more motivated to do stuff, like go to community college (which he is doing right now), than he was in the past.

Also, I've smoked pot myself. I don't know all the effects it has on one, but I'm one of those "occasional" pot smokers anyway. Still, I can certainly live my entire life without it, and it DOES seem to have residual effects (headaches, mild irritability) that last a few days afterward.

Trying to impress his mates I think! And quite impulsive (it seemed like a good idea at the time).

Is it he dope or is he also drinking alcohol? Alcohol is well known for lowering inhibitions.

I hope he grows up a bit real soon. Does he have ADD by any chance and behave better with Ritalin?

Drugs have different effects on different people. That's why ever drug commercial here in the states has 15 seconds of random sideeffects up to and including death.

So pot is mostly mild for most people, others it could be fatal. In my one experience it was unpleasant. I was simply in a small room and someone left and unlit fatty out. Worst headache and nausea I ever had. Found out that pot is related to ragweed which I am allergic too.

I'd say your brother is having trouble with "leaving the nest" so to speak. He knows that he needs to "grow up" but simply isn't ready too for whatever reason. Unfortunately, he'll just have to come around and do it. It might take jail time before he wizenes up.

When my brother was 5 or 6, and the other younger brother 3 or 4, the youngest was taken to see a psychologist because mum and dad were concerned about his behavioural issues. The psychologist actually said she was more concerned about the older of the two boys, the one who's in the shit now, because she felt he was displaying psychopathic tendencies. My parents thought she was just trying to make some money, but the older he gets, the more we wonder.

In his case, I don't know what it is about the pot, like maybe it kind of lifts the mask a bit and we see his true colours because he doesn't realise he's not hiding them quite so well. He doesn't drink alcohol as much as he does pot. I know I blamed pot before, but it's kind of hard to work out if it's the pot affecting his behaviour or the pot lifting the mask on his behaviour. He is showing very classic signs of psychopathy- lying excessively, grandiose delusions about his capabilities, a complete indifference for the feelings of others, extreme self-centeredness, conduct disorder evident before the age of 15, impulsive, risk-taking behaviour, drug and alcohol use... My parents were the only true home he and two of his siblings ever knew, they were with them for 12 years, yet mum and dad only in the last year had to put a lock on their bedroom door to prevent the boys from stealing from them. It's more than just damaged kids. And with my own biological mother being a psychopath, I kind of see the little signs clearer, because I know them so well. It's just really heartbreaking.

I've heard of paranoid (new people are sometimes afraid of getting caught on their next piss test or something like that) but psychotic is a new one.

If it's making him psychotic then it sounds like maybe he got some bad shit that was laced with something else. Good weed isn't supposed to do that.

I've heard of paranoid (new people are sometimes afraid of getting caught on their next piss test or something like that) but psychotic is a new one.

If it's making him psychotic then it sounds like maybe he got some bad shit that was laced with something else. Good weed isn't supposed to do that.

When I talk of paranoia, I'm talking about persecutory delusions.

When I say psychotic, I'm talking about auditory and visual hallucinations.

The highest risk group for developing schizophrenia are male, young, with a predisposition to schizophrenia, and smoke weed. Using any drug increases your chances of developing a mental illness. You may get it, you may not. Effectively you're playing Russian Roulette with your mind. I've been to hell and back with my own sick mind. The choice is yours if you want to take the risk. I sure as hell am not going to. Never again. It's taken too long and too much hard work to get to where I am now. I came back last time. Next time, I might not be so lucky.

Maybe it's not the narcotic but the friends that are the biggest influence here.

One part of me says that he needs to spend some time in juvie, but the other part says that will only make it worse because he will, in essence, be attending a school for criminals.

• Like 1