Goodbye Jesus

"those Poor Children!"

WildFire

I don't know how long it will take to get outside of the anger I am experiencing after having completely abandoned the bile, ....uh, I mean, bible, ...but I DO know that as long as people continue to express their "concern for my children" as a result of it, It's not going to happen. Seems that I am a bad mother for no longer being at least a beliver in YHWH (Jesus's dad/self), as well as a "dangerous threat to the spiritual health and eternal well being of my children". I am "hell bound" and "doing everything I can to drag my children there with me". "Posessed by an evil spirit", "deceived", "an antichrist", and "the devil's mouthpiece". Oh, and of course, I am harboring grievous sins. Of course!

Is it wrong that I want to grind these people's faces in gravel?

• Like 1

I don't know how long it will take to get outside of the anger I am experiencing after having completely abandoned the bile, ....uh, I mean, bible, ...but I DO know that as long as people continue to express their "concern for my children" as a result of it, It's not going to happen. Seems that I am a bad mother for no longer being at least a beliver in YHWH (Jesus's dad/self), as well as a "dangerous threat to the spiritual health and eternal well being of my children". I am "hell bound" and "doing everything I can to drag my children there with me". "Posessed by an evil spirit", "deceived", "an antichrist", and "the devil's mouthpiece". Oh, and of course, I am harboring grievous sins. Of course!

He, welcome to ex-C!

No of course it's not wrong for you to want to grind those people into gravel. But I'm glad you have the self control to not act on it. woohoo.gif

I remember a lady I did not know who once told me I should hit my son because he was having a temper tantrum. I was livid at her. If only I was not frozen with anger at her arrogance and stupidity I would have answered "But I don't want him to turn out to be like you". But I couldn't say a word. I was literally speechless because it took every fiber of my being to have the self control I needed to not act on my other urges to lash out at her. "Oh you want me to hit my son like this?" The nerve of some people! I can relate.

These people who criticize you - their kids are going to grow up to become ex-Christians and they will have to work out in therapy all the crap that Christianity did to them. Feel free to laugh at them. Laughing at them is the appropriate response.

You see, we feel angry when we have a belief which doesn't get met. I believed that the stupid woman should not have given me stupid advise and I felt anger when my belief was tossed aside. However when something we know is true gets ignored the natural response is to laugh at the foolishness. If a delusional guy ran up to you and tried to convince you the earth was flat you might feel sorry for him. But if he really worked hard enough at it you would also find him funny. So when somebody who is a bad parent starts projecting their problems onto you just look at their foolishness.

I'm going to tell you a truth. As long as you obey the law and do all that the government requires of a parent, the only people who get to decide how you did is your kids. They are the only ones who get to decide. If your kids like you then you done good. If your kids have a good self image then you did excellent. If your kids had a happy childhood then you are a success. Only your children can decide if you did right. Don't listen to anybody else.

• Like 1

I feel your anger. I am in a similar situation. I have four children and have recently left the church after their father basically abandoned us (I was a stay at home of 14 years with no job skill set or higher education to fall back on). I became extremely disillusioned after years of trying to be a proverbs 31 wife, doing Stupid Nancy Leigh Demoss' stupid husband challenge - speak only when spoken to- fasting, praying and obeying; nothing worked! He still left me for an older woman, the one I suspected he was cheating with but God told me that he wasn't. My eldest son asked me if we are still believers and I lied and said yes, but did tell that I feel very abused by the church and needed a break to heal and hear my own voice, which is true. I hear ya with the blaming Satan and the bullcrap prayers for you. I at one time would have been one of them judging you and praying for your soul. I don't tell anybody from the church my business because I don't want to hear the typical response I have coming. Stay strong, my blood boils along with yours!

• Like 1

Trouble is, I do feel like a bad mother, just not in the way I am being accused. I wrapped my children in chains of fear for hell and judgement, and trained them to always conform to 'the word of god'. I am doing my best to undo that now. Seems I was good at brainwashing. My oldest is really struggling to think outside of my religious training. Doesn't help that my husband is one of those hurling brimstone at me.

I just want them to shut up. It's hard to laugh at people you want to choke.

I DO know that as long as people continue to express their "concern for my children" as a result of it, It's not going to happen. Seems that I am a bad mother for no longer being at least a beliver in YHWH (Jesus's dad/self), as well as a "dangerous threat to the spiritual health and eternal well being of my children".

What these people fail to see is that they are basically asserting that YOU are MORE powerful than the Holy Spirit! How could this be if the HS is the Almighty God? Is he really too feeble to overcome a mere mortal's influence? Oh, the irony!

Regardless, though, I do sympathize with you. It can be enormously frustrating when thoroughly brainwashed people are so convinced that you are such a terrible person simply for seeing through their nonsense.

""""Lisa, WildFire used to claim to love the Lord. She has changed her mind about that. I would venture to say that she probably did not know the Lord very well... and it doesn't sound like she really knew him for herself. She needs us to pray for her, doll...

•  

Well said Tina. I feel bad for her kids having a Mom who hates the Lord and His Word so much. Praying for sure."""""

Idiots.

Welcome WildFlower! I feel so bad for your situation, but you keep reading these posts - there is a ton of information here to help you along. Keep posting - you'll get your answers from all the people who can relate to your delimma! Glad you are here with us!! Looking forward to hearing how it goes! Best wishes!

I've decided that the only way to fight back is to use the language they understand. So I'd throw it back in their faces by reminding them that the Bible says, "Judge not that ye be judged," and ask them where in the Bible they are given permission to pass judgment on you. Absent such permission, they are sinners. Tell them it is up to the Lord to pass judgment and they should shut the fuck up.

I've decided that the only way to fight back is to use the language they understand. So I'd throw it back in their faces by reminding them that the Bible says, "Judge not that ye be judged," and ask them where in the Bible they are given permission to pass judgment on you. Absent such permission, they are sinners. Tell them it is up to the Lord to pass judgment and they should shut the fuck up.

They may point out that the very same chapter (Matt 7) that says that also says things like: "...first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.... Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs.... Watch out for false prophets.... By their fruit you will recognize them."

To do those things, you have to be able to identify who has the speck, who are the dogs and pigs, who are the false prophets and what people's fruit indicates about them. Those identifications are essentially judgments.

No, it would just be wrong to actually do it. (And grinding their faces in gravel is quite mild compared to what I'd like to do to those types -- let's just say I enjoy the cruel and unusual, especially when it's ironic.)

rember allways try to be the better person when it comes to these folks, what ever that may mean for you.

Hi and welcome to Ex-C!!

Those 'poor' children have strong mother! Give some credit to yourself for standing up for yourself and your children, despite the backlash you're receiving. The Church pitbulls are behaving like bully's and attempting to peer pressure you to their gang mentality by behaving like high school snarky mean girls. You standing strong against that is the best example you can give to your children.

I'm also a mother of 4. While my children are now grown, I had the same struggle when they were growing up. I too had to undo all the damage I thought was true. The best thing to do is be straight forward and honest. Explain how you were brainwashed. There is noting wrong with admitting your human and mislead by people you trusted. It's a lesson learned. We strive for the best and miss the mark, so what, such is life smile.png . Show them to use their reason and logic, and encourage them to 'seek' the truth on their own, don't be afraid to challenge blind belief. When they come to you with a what if or might be, answer it the best you can. NO one has all the answers, the best we can do is look for them.

Of course it all depends on age appropriate things, however I find that the Church passes around horrific evil that is far passes PG 13 level for all ages.

How I dealt with the concept of With Hell for example was like this.

Give the kids a scenario. If a robber walks into an innocent persons house and says, your money or your life, does the person give the money freely? Talk about that with them, talk about the injustice of the concept. The person is a victim of several crimes by a criminal with the power to take their life or their money. They went into their home, violated their personal space, took money that they earned, terrorized them with the threat of death and so on. Break it down to how its wrong on so many levels. Ask where "Free will" comes into the story by the victim. Is there really any Free will in this scenario? I asked my kids if there was any reason that they could think of the the innocent person who was robbed could be viewed as giving the money freely, and the robber could be called hero. In the end it's all about Justice right?

The answer of course is no for obvious reasons. The money would be given under duress and not freely, The concept of Hell is gun to the head, your blind belief or your mortal soul instead of the money. How can a fair and just god behave like a criminal if he is nothing but love and nothing of evil? Laying things out to attempt to rationally remove the fear does wonders for kids, it also helps them on their critical thinking skills.

I also used the Egyptians. Talk about Greek and Roman mythology. The more one knows it the more they see the parallels between that and Christianity. Kids laugh at the thought of the under world protected by a Dog like Human who has a boat on the river styxs and takes you to the after life, the concept of hell is much the same way. It's a story passed down just like the underworld was passed down to the Egyptians. Why is one absurd to believe and the other real possibility? What's the difference between the two? Put things in perspective, give them other ways to look things using their own judgment and thinking skills.

I feel that children (and adults ) need to be armed with knowledge, for every buybull verse that's said to you in a condescending tone by the Church pitbulls, Hand one back with a smile. Shove their BS back in their face and let them sit with it. Don't allow them to bully you or your kids. Christians are among the most intolerant, hurtful people. Personally I just about removed nearly all fundys from my life,a few from my childhood I'm friends with on Facebook but they have no other interaction with my life by my own choosing. They are not healthy to be around, To much negativity, anger and evil wished on to people not like them. I find it personally offensive how much they hate.

Some Examples of the Buybull verses Christians will never preach at you and ignore completely:

Jesus advocates child abuse:

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” Matthew 15:4-7

Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple. Matthew 19:29

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark 7:9

A few other things about Jesus:

Jesus says that those who have been less fortunate in this life will have it even worse in the life to come. Mark 4:25

Jesus sends the devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. Clearly Jesus could have simply sent the devils out, yet he chose instead to place them into pigs and kill them. This is called animal abuse. Mark 5:12-13

Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

You can get some eye opening insight Here for starters: http://www.evilbible.com/

Best of luck, hope this helps a little.. smile.png

• Like 3

<p>

</p>

<p>""""Lisa, WildFire used to claim to love the Lord. She has changed her mind about that. I would venture to say that she probably did not know the Lord very well... and it doesn't sound like she really knew him for herself. She needs us to pray for her, doll...</p>

<ul class="bbc">

<li>

<p> </p>

<p>Well said Tina. I feel bad for her kids having a Mom who hates the Lord and His Word so much. Praying for sure."""""</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Idiots.</p>

</li>

</ul>

<p>

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>It sounds like they don't "love the Lord" very much either, considering they're ignoring "his word."</p>

<div>

<p> </p>

<p>

</p>

<div class="heading passage-class-0">

<h3>

1 Peter 4:15</h3>

<p class="txt-sm">New King James Version (NKJV)</p>

</div>

<div class="result-text-style-normal ">

<p><sup class="versenum" id="en-NKJV-30458">15</sup> But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, <em><u><strong>or as a busybody in other people’s matters</strong></u></em>.</p>

</div>

</div>

<div class="result-text-style-normal ">

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Even the Bible is telling them to mind their own GD business.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The fact that they bring your kids into it, and act so damned holier-than-thou makes ME want to slap the holy bejesus out of them. How do you handle it without curbstomping them?</p>

</div>

Not sure why my post freaked out like that... sorry. I don't know how to edit it or if I even can.

Christian exclusivism, here meaning the belief that only Christians go to Heaven, is among the very worst doctrines of Christianity. Many Christians do not hold exclusivist beliefs, but it is hard to argue with those who do. The Bible is pretty clear that those who don't believe are doomed. I think the universalists' Bible interpretations are rather strained. A non-exclusivist Christian is probably better off just giving up on the doctrine of Biblical inerrancy.

I find it interesting how Jesus is supposedly unable to save people who don't believe--or rather, that those who don't believe "don't really want" to be saved. It doesn't matter how hard they try to be a good person, or how much they struggle against their own baser desires; they are unable to want to be redeemed unless they believe the right things.

I find it interesting, also, how this is really the perfect con game. If I were a high-ranking member of a church and I got additional power and/or money by gaining members, how might I get as many members as possible? With a bribe? A threat? Better--a bribe AND a threat. How much should this bribe and threat be? INFINITE, of course! And what about the fact that I can't follow through on it? Tell them it is in the afterlife! Unprovable and unfalsifiable--it requires faith, and God wants you to have faith, oh yes. I'd tell them it's a virtue.

I rejected exclusivism when I was nine years old, years before questioning the rest of Christianity. I thought I overheard a friend of mine mention that he wasn't a Christian (I misheard; he actually was one--but no matter) and I imagined me going to Heaven and hearing God say "I'm sorry, your friend is in Hell." And I thought, what a load! Of course decent people go to Heaven! Jesus died for everyone, not only for people lucky enough to believe in him. I eventually adopted a view I later learned was called universalism.

I wouldn't try to convince all the Christians in the world to become atheists or even deists; I would gladly, however, see all exclusivists become universalists. I'm sure some of them are losing sleep thinking about those unbelievers suffering in Hell--and I find it just as concerning that so many apparently do NOT lose sleep over such a prospect. And they say atheism is depressing.

• Like 1

Not sure why my post freaked out like that... sorry. I don't know how to edit it or if I even can.

You will eventually be able to edit, I believe after you have 25 posts. Did you compose your post in the reply box or did you compose it with another program and copy & paste it in the reply box? (I've seen similar things happen when copying & pasting from other programs, such as a Word document).

Anyway, I'll fix your post for you in a quote:

"Lisa, WildFire used to claim to love the Lord. She has changed her mind about that. I would venture to say that she probably did not know the Lord very well... and it doesn't sound like she really knew him for herself. She needs us to pray for her, doll...

Well said Tina. I feel bad for her kids having a Mom who hates the Lord and His Word so much. Praying for sure."

Idiots.

It sounds like they don't "love the Lord" very much either, considering they're ignoring "his word."

1 Peter 4:15

New King James Version (NKJV)

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters.

Even the Bible is telling them to mind their own GD business.

The fact that they bring your kids into it, and act so damned holier-than-thou makes ME want to slap the holy bejesus out of them. How do you handle it without curbstomping them?

Here is yet another reason why you should consider calling the police when this kind of concern for your children starts:

http://www.dailymail...ummer-camp.html

A Bible school teacher is facing up to five years in jail after being accused of having sex with a 13-year-old boy.

Heather Daughdrill, 28, of Westlake, Louisiana, is alleged to have begun the affair with the teen after meeting him at a summer Bible school camp.

She is alleged to have checked the boy out of school without parental permission and taken him to her home where they had sex.[/left]

Don't get mad, laugh at 'em. It's a joke on themselves.

I do like the "But I don't want him to turn out to be like you" response that mymistake wrote. I'll remember that one.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

At some point it will gel with you that it is they living so far outside reality that their opinion about how you live your life and raise your kids is on par with the opinions of any run of the mill hack, cult member or just clown. Then you will be able to shrug it off and perhaps pity them instead of feeling anger that they pity your kids.

I hope this didn't sound condescending. I'm just trying to offer a bird's eye view as a person who has had a lot of time to process and move on.

You will eventually be able to edit, I believe after you have 25 posts. Did you compose your post in the reply box or did you compose it with another program and copy & paste it in the reply box? (I've seen similar things happen when copying & pasting from other programs, such as a Word document).

Anyway, I'll fix your post for you in a quote:

Hey, thanks a bunch! I appreciate that. And yeah, I did copy and paste. Will be sure not to in the future!