Goodbye Jesus

Pretend Judgement Day Were to Actually Happen...

Foxy Methoxy

Daniel = Proverbs 18:2

That's always been my opinion of long-winded Christians who aren't willing to even hear another viewpoint.

105427[/snapback]

:drink::lmao:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Antlerman

• daniel_1012

• Amanda

• crazy-tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what you're saying is: at best, he's several somewhat derranged people. At worst, he's one severely insane person who hears voices from several somewhat derranged people?

Either that, or he copies and pastes a lot.

Well . . . that makes him a lot less interesting to me. I'll pretend you didn't say and that and continue to picture him as an ax murderer with an internet connection.

Hello, my friend Daniel...

Hey, like I've said, I see a wonderful caring heart inside of you... that is here to help us avoid an eternal hell that you perceive is inevitable for us. I can appreciate that kind of heart. It's just ironic that you are trying to help us, and we are sincerely trying to help you! I wish you could see that!

I don't care that you even think that way! Niether does anyone here. No one here believes in my beliefs either... including you. That's ok, as that is what makes life interesting and expands our thinking more. Can't we all interact, share, and discuss? The problem is when someone feels they hold the absolute Truth, we must think like this too or we are a degraded sinner, worth no respect, and we will be tormented in fire forever. :ugh:

Was Paul self-righteous? Oddly enough Amanda (not so odd to me really) you will find many on these boards who would say Paul was indeed self-righteous. It is no surprise to me, because all I'm doing is repeating what he said and what Christ said. This is why they, not myself, have given me the title "fundamentalist." I want you to think about what that is. Perhaps they don't agree with it, but something they do not deny, is that my actions and words are *fundamentally* sound, with what the Bible actually says.

105415[/snapback]

Daniel, with all due respect... and I do respect you, you can only present your opinion of what Paul was saying. There are errors in translations, and there are varying interpretations, hence multiple denominations.

BTW, the definition of self-righteous:

Main Entry: self-righ·teous

Pronunciation: -'rI-ch&s

Function: adjective

: convinced of one's own righteousness especially in contrast with the actions and beliefs of others : narrow-mindedly moralistic

Daniel, it is my opinion tht Jesus warns against a fundamentalist approach. He said to take these laws literally, the letter of the law, would kill us. It is recognizing the meaning and purpose of the law, the spirit of the law that will cause us to want to fulfill these laws.

Main Entry: fun·da·men·tal·ism

Pronunciation: -t&l-"i-z&m

Function: noun

1 a often capitalized : a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching b : the beliefs of this movement c : adherence to such beliefs

2 : a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles

No Amanda, the Pharisees were not the only ones who believed in hell -- Jesus spoke of it too. Now, I take my fundamental beliefs of Christianity and I am going to tell you -- hell is real, and it awaits wicked men.

105415[/snapback]

Oh Daniel, I do believe in hell! I just think that the burning fire is a metaphor. Fire, the Greek word 'purose', with the root 'pur' is associated with cleansing intensely. Hence our words, pure, purify, purge, etc.. Fire is how garbage was eliminated. It is meant for EVERYONE that has 'garbage' in their life. It is the state of mind caused by the garbage, to separate the chaff from the wheat. NOT that you're wheat and I'm chaff. It is to separate and eliminate the chaff from the wheat within each one of us! Once it is purged out, then there is no need to continue being in that state of mind. We get the natural repercussions of our actions till we finally decide we aren't going to do that any more.

They believed a lie, and perverted the truth God gave them. They bit the fruit, and what was the result Amanda? Death awaited them -- GOD'S WORD CAME TRUE. It will come true all the same for those who reject Christ -- 2 Thessalonians 1:5-8 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

105415[/snapback]

Daniel, the fruit that kills is condemnation... it is NOT the apple. This causes spiritual death.

Who is troubling you? No one. Who is troubling others? The religous right... because they are the ones condemning everyone and walk self-righteous! If one does not love others equal to them selves, they do not know God or obey the gospels of Jesus.

Do you somehow think you have found a hidden gospel that was not preached to the 12 apostles? Have you found the secret truth, that perhaps Jesus didn't preach or know yet? This is why I have given you (Galatians 1:6) I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel.

105415[/snapback]

Daniel, dear friend, respectfully I must say that it is my interpretation of this verse, that this is speaking of your perspective. The grace of Christ is an absolutely free gift of salvation! More free than the air you breathe! Perhaps, you are the one turning to a different gospel?

Yes, the fulfillment of the law is to love -- do not mistake hate for philosophy on my behalf, as condemnation. I wish to see nobody condemned, but all men saved just as Christ desired all men saved. Do no mistake my straight forward feeding of what is fundamentally taught in the Bible, for false love -- it is real love... because right now Amanda, I am telling you the truth. Come away from them, have nothing to do with wicked men. ------- Those that utterly apposed God, Jesus utterly apposed. Do you remember him turning over the tables in the house of God, Amanda? Was Jesus being a Pharisee, and was he a hate filled hypocrite Amanda?

105415[/snapback]

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel... I know you want all men to be saved! I know this is tormenting you that you think many are going to be lost forever... that is why you are here desperately fighting for us to believe like you. How can you call us sinners here. What sin has anyone committed here? Look more closely, you'll be amazed at the warm hearts full of compassion... always ready to help the oppressed.

I see a kind heart in you too. We can see this tormenting state of mind you are living, and we want to help you out of it! Keep the Lord Jesus, and God, just realize that we are ALL ending in the same place of peace and joy... yet, ALL being accountable for our actions though. It's a peace we just keep wanting you to understand. We are ALL equal. You are a wonderful person and we want you to feel that liberation from eternal hell. Jesus came and ended that. I'm trying to tell you, because I care about you, the war is over. We ALL won.

You have one last thing to say before eternal damnation. What do you say?

103717[/snapback]

I posted an answer to this question a few days ago on another thread. I thought of it last week just before falling asleep after a few good tokes on my bong.

***Standing before God, my only chance to ask what I have always wanted to ask**

So who died and made you God?"

As I said I would do before, first, we'll define the term righteousness. I suppose we'll go to dictionary.com for this since it will take a simple definition, but a more in depth understanding, so it would appear.

Righteous

1. Morally upright; without guilt or sin: a righteous parishioner.

2. In accordance with virtue or morality: a righteous judgment.

3. Morally justifiable: righteous anger. See Synonyms at moral.

Now, self... of course, self-righteous would be those who are righteous ON THEIR OWN POWER. Those who are righteous in and of their own ability to be righteous... to be good, and to stand justifiable. Amanda, the atheists here on the boards -- they are self-righteous in the true meaning of the word, because they do not need Christ. They deny Christ, because they attain their goodness elsewhere. Do not be confused with the meaning of what it is to be "self-righteous."

I'm moving this first because it is more the start of the argument about self-righteousness.

First, how can you use a Dictionary.com definition & totally skip over the fact that "Self-righteous" is actually defined as an autonomous term?

As properly defined:

self-right·eous (slfrchs) - adj. - 1. Piously sure of one's own righteousness; moralistic. 2. Exhibiting pious self-assurance 3. excessively or hypocritically pious

Self-righteousness in its common usage has nothing to do with being righteous on your own power. It's being cocky & holier-than-thou about your piety.

It is not proclaiming the Word of God with authority that makes a man self-righteous, as I have been accused. Quite the opposite -- it is the proclamation of the Word of God in a man, that testifies that man is *not* SELF-righteous.

You're right, it's not the proclaiming of "the word of god" or any form of righteousness that makes it self-righteous, it's the arrogance or presumed superiority used in doing so, according to common usage of the term, that makes it that way.

The way you want to define self-righteousness is being self-righteous in it's own right because you are claiming you have the superior ability to define a religious oriented term, in your own phrasing, when it has already been officially defined.

After this I won't debate what the Bible says then, anymore with you in this thread. It's quite clear, and God is there giving answers.

If it's clear then why are there over 200 different translations that are constantly incurring a myriad of interpretations.

Self-righteousness -- lets discuss this, and find out what it really is.

Forming this statement like this is already indicating a certainly level of self-righteousness.

Because often, the same people that us it the most, don't even know what it means -- and are themselves, self-righteous. Professing the Word of God... does that make you self-righteous? Were the prophets of God, who spoke His Word with authority as Christians are told they have authority, self-righteous? Was Paul self-righteous?

See below to find out how you're currently doing this.

Oddly enough Amanda (not so odd to me really) you will find many on these boards who would say Paul was indeed self-righteous.

Wow. It's funny how true you're making your previous statements. It's all about phraseology. To say that something is odd, but not odd to you, is to immediately place yourself above the situation in a self-righteous manner.

It is no surprise to me, because all I'm doing is repeating what he said and what Christ said. This is why they, not myself, have given me the title "fundamentalist." I want you to think about what that is.

Claiming that you want someone else to think about something, especially in a phrasing that is talking down to said person, is also self-righteous in nature.

Perhaps they don't agree with it, but something they do not deny, is that my actions and words are *fundamentally* sound, with what the Bible actually says.

Again, they may hate it, you may disagree with it... but it has been observed, my actions have mirrored the *fundamental* truths of what the Bible/Gospel teaches.

Bulking people into an all-inclusive title such as "they" strips people of their identity and is a method of demeaning & belittling others, henceforth: self-righteousness.

Also, who are "they"? Where are your specific examples. Generalities like this are not only annoying because there's no meat to debate. But it also indicates that your either not worth debating, are lying, or are just simply unsure of your standpoint and are using blanket generalities to cover up your holes.

You're probably a great guy. Most people are good in their own right. I'm simply trying to make it poignantly apparent to you the affect your writing style is having here. And in fact, it is inherently self-righteous.

But if you don't want to be considered a prig & hypocrite, you can't come on here proclaiming a superior standpoint from which to be able to talk about self-righteousness, and then turn around and begin preaching to someone in a self-righteous manner.

I'm not grand by any means. I know I end up accidentally being self-righteous from time to time when i don't mean to. But I try and control it, and am hoping you care to do the same.

Seek the truth, and you will find. Do not throw off hell merely because you do not understand it, or your throw of Christ.

And don't seek the truth with bias in mind, but with an open minded acceptance that everything and anything you know and believe could be completely wrong, and that you may have to change your entire belief system.

This is something that you, by your own statements (in following the Bible without question) are not doing. So given this, don't throw off truth without really looking for it.

--it is real love... because right now Amanda, I am telling you the truth.

You are telling your opinion. Or your opinion of what you believe is a truth.

Those that utterly apposed God, Jesus utterly apposed.

And by saying this you insult a great deal of people here who do believe in God, just not as you do.

If these people think they are already righteous, they are not for them. If they don't need a savior, let them save themselves on the day of judgment, which is surely there as Christ has died and risen FOR THAT PURPOSE to save men from it...

Cold. That's simply cold to group a bunch of fellow human beings into a heartless unforgiving title like "these people" as if anyone not believing like you do is less than human. Perhaps this isn't what you really mean at heart, but it's certainly how it reads.

That is all Amanda, I'm quite sure I have provided ample argument for the case not I, but the Bible makes... Christ makes... and the Word of God makes. Take it or leave it.

And how is it not self-righteousness, arrogance, or supercilious to proclaim that you know the Bible so much better than Amanda or anyone else?

The wise cry out for wisdom, but fools will die by the words they've given themselves.

I’m guessing that’s more true than you might know. It's probably even more true than I know.

Hopefully you are enough of a wisdom searcher to alter your writing style enough to not insult, belittle, or claim greater intelligence over other individuals everytime you write. I'm guessing its not your intent, but it is certainly the result you're achieving.

Oh ruddy hell!

I hate it when the quotes don't work & I can't figure out why. Augh!

Oh ruddy hell!

105463[/snapback]

No more than 10 quotes or it'll screw up like that.

I bet someone could make a lot of $$$ if they developed software that generates automated Bible quotes for religious discussion. Think about all the cash you could make aiding retarded fundies in creating an easy, convenient way for them to post their usual, meaningless, rhetorical, tired, lame, Bible quote based arguments.

Either that or an 8 ball that you shake and it gives you pre-generated quotes such as "I'll pray for you!" "You're going to Hell!" and my favorite "Jesus Loves you!"

105320[/snapback]

Do you think Daniel has a pocket Bible quoter, a computer generated quote finder, or do you think he's actually memorized the entire Bible?

I think he has websites with verses bookmarked and copys and pastes them.

105329[/snapback]

There's free software to download for the bible and searching, copy & paste etc. Pretty neat little software. I wish they had the same for philosopical and generally famous books too.

Daniel = Proverbs 18:2

That's always been my opinion of long-winded Christians who aren't willing to even hear another viewpoint.

105427[/snapback]

I like this one too:

Pro 12:15 LITV  The way of a fool is upright in his own eyes, but he who listens to advice is wise.

Oh ruddy hell!

105463[/snapback]

No more than 10 quotes or it'll screw up like that.

105471[/snapback]

Good to know.

All this time I've been on here & didn't know that eh.

Learn something everyday...

if you're willing to. :wicked:

Amanda,

Turn you eyes for a moment....

DANIEL YOU FUCKER! HEAR THIS: IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MADE ME LEAVE THE CHURCH!!! YOU NEED TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL THE SOULS YOU ARE SENDING TO HELL BY YOUR SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS AND CONDEMNATION OF OTHER HUMAN BEINGS. YOU JUDGE AMANDA, BUT HER ATTITUDE IS SOFTENING MY HEART TO YOUR RELIGION, WHILE YOU ARE PUSHING IT DEEPER INTO HATING IT. SHUT THE FUCK UP DANIEL.

There. That's off my chest. I'll be nice again.... :grin: Nice things later....

Amanda,

Smiling again :grin: .... So you went 3 + years in seminary? So did I. They had us on a read the bible through program. 6 chapters a day, as I recall. So yes I have read cover to cover and drilled verse by verse too. :grin:

Amanda,

Smiling again  :grin: .... So you went 3 + years in seminary?  So did I.  They had us on a read the bible through program.  6 chapters a day, as I recall.  So yes I have read cover to cover and drilled verse by verse too.  :grin:

105537[/snapback]

Well, obviously you guys didn't posess the preternatural grasp of scripture like Danny! See, when you read the passages forbidding judgement of others, you thought that's what Jesus was really saying! He no more meant it than when he said rich people will have a hard time getting into heaven.

If you were real xtians, you'd understand how wicked and foolish you are. :rolleyes: Repent!

Amanda,

Smiling again  :grin: .... So you went 3 + years in seminary?  So did I.  They had us on a read the bible through program.  6 chapters a day, as I recall.  So yes I have read cover to cover and drilled verse by verse too.  :grin:

105537[/snapback]

:grin: Hi Antlerman!

Drilled on verses from 6 chapters a day!!! Wow! Your teacher didn't 'play', did he? You had to be a very disciplined student! :phew:

My teacher initially challenged all our previous religous beliefs, so that we didn't know what to believe! :twitch: I had a remarkable old teacher. He knew initially I didn't want to be there... long story. (hehe) My teacher would of loved these people on this site, had he lived long enough for me to tell him about you all. :( He liked to stir things up, yet always said reason and truth go hand and hand. I really miss him.

So, I gather that you have studied a quite varied spectrum in life, or is it anything that starts with a 'S'.... seminary, science? :HaHa:

If you were real xtians, you'd understand how wicked and foolish you are. :rolleyes: Repent!

105605[/snapback]

Hi All Gods Fail!

Hmmmm... if I repent, does this mean a longer list of great parties? :Hmm:

------------ :wicked:

What sin has anyone committed here?

The sin that will not be pardoned... blaspheming the Holy Spirit... denying Christ. All other sins will be forgiven, but they are pivoting on the one that will not be forgiven... faith in Christ. If one does not have faith in Christ, the rest swing in the balance, and the wrath of God hangs over that man.

The sin that will not be pardoned... blaspheming the Holy Spirit... denying Christ. All other sins will be forgiven, but they are pivoting on the one that will not be forgiven... faith in Christ. If one does not have faith in Christ, the rest swing in the balance, and the wrath of God hangs over that man.

105639[/snapback]

The sin of following a false prophet... Re-writing God's laws... Intentionally lying... Being proud and arrogant... Being judgemental... Placing yourself above God...

You've done all of those and more, Daniel... follow what you profess to believe and remove the log from your own eye before chastising others over the speck in theirs.

Or you could just continue to be self-righteous...

105639[/snapback]

Why?

Screw the spell-checker! :vent:

Where can I get a coherency-checker? :shrug:

105639[/snapback]

:Wendywhatever:

Danny boy, you should take this act on the road! Funny shite! :lmao:

Also, Dan-dan, why aren't you out doing the REAL work of a spirit-filled xtian instead of wasting your time here? We've all rejected jebus after having once tasted his...er, fruits. :woopsie:

So there's no hope for us. You said so yourself.

I refer you to Grinch's excellent challenge.

CHALLENGE TO CHRISTIANS: GO into the world and preach the gospel!

Don’t just hide behind your computer screen, debating fruitlessly with us heathens here at Ex-C!

Don’t simply hide in your comfortable, air-conditioned home or office, arguing religion safely ensconced in the blanket of American free speech!

Stop preaching your faith in a country that is FULLY aware of Christianity, and is already dominated by “Christian” thoughts and values!

Why don’t you hypocritical Christians, quit being cowards, stop making excuses, OBEY your “lord Jesus”, and “GO into the WORLD and preach the gospel”!?

Isn’t THAT the Great Commission? Matthew 28:19-20?

Take your Holy Ghost filled self, and your precious “armor of God”, and GO into Muslim dominated countries (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Indonesia, etc.) and preach the “good news” to THESE lost souls!

Don’t hide behind any feeble excuses such as, “But God hasn’t called me!”

Nonsense! Not only is every believer “called” to do this, but “Jesus” COMMANDED IT! He said “GO into the world”, not send out prayer requests and satellite TV transmissions!

So…what’s the hold up?

Go on! Sell everything you have. Quit your jobs. Abandon your families. And follow in the footsteps of “Jesus”! “Glory be to gawd!”

Tertullian said, “The blood of the martyrs is seed for the church.”

Well? Go plant some seeds, you gutless wonders!

Of course, NO American Christian worth his cable TV, will EVER do any of this. They love their worldly possessions too much. They don’t REALLY believe in “God’s” promises of protection, or necessary sacrifice of life when “He” decides it’s time for them to die.

I am SICK to death of Christians. Always demanding that WE believe “God” and their bible, when it’s painfully obvious that even THEY don’t believe!

And don’t tell me about how OTHER Christians have done just what I have proposed. So what? How does that excuse YOUR unbelief and disobedience to the “Great Commission”?

Obviously their message did NOT get through, since whole NATIONS are still NOT believing the “message of the cross”. It seems to me that YOU Christians still have work to do abroad, and your FEW missionaries and Evangelists are not up to this daunting task alone!

Get out there and help them! (I’m sure your Pastor would agree with me!)

I want to see it! I want to see an exodus of millions of Christian missionaries, forsake all and go into Muslim dominated nations, where the penalty is DEATH for preaching anything other than Allah, and take one in the heart for the “lord”.

It’s SO easy to pretend you are a “suffering saint” here in the safe confines of America. Where the worse things that you must “suffer” here are people who won’t vote YOUR Christian agenda into law, allow prayer in schools, or see the “Ten Commandments” taken out of Roy Moore’s courtroom.

But it’s another thing to preach boldly and fearlessly in the face of people who will horribly KILL you for being a believer in “Christ as King”.

You Christians have no right and no standing on THIS forum, to preach righteousness to US, when you won’t do as Jesus commands YOU.

IF you truly believe this God/Jesus stuff, then why delay? What are you waiting for? Stop telling me about the miracles of St. Paul and how he “boldly” proclaimed Christ everywhere HE went.

YOU do it!

[but if you CAN’T see your way to take up this challenge, I fully understand. You’re not a “True Christian” ™, but in reality a closet atheist who doesn’t REALLY believe any of this bible BS, and you just hang out with church folk for the social benefits. I understand. Truly, I do!]

105639[/snapback]

The sin that will not be pardoned.....

Unless you recant it, then it's forgiven.

But God will look upon you very sternly & with one hand cocked back ready to bitch slap you.... hard.

105639[/snapback]

The sin that will not be pardoned.....

Unless you recant it, then it's forgiven.

But God will look upon you very sternly & with one hand cocked back ready to bitch slap you.... hard.

105729[/snapback]

Can you imagine being bitch-slapped by a God??? That would hurt!!

Can you imagine being bitch-slapped by a God???  That would hurt!!

You would think so. However, We bitchslap you people all of the time but Our hands just pass right through you. Just because you can't see Us, doesn't mean we aren't bitchslapping you.